The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

jcboy

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 07:32 pm
I finally watched the Doom movie and it was honestly nowhere near as bad as everyone says it is. It's at least as good and as entertaining, if not more so, than the first Resident Evil movie. At no point did I feel like it was a struggle to finish watching it unlike a crapfest like Batman vs Superman. Cool
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:25 pm

Gravity 3D.

The depiction of orbital physics was as terrible as I'd heard.
farmerman

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:33 pm
@oralloy,
Streamed "Fabulous Beasts and where to find them". It was a Rowling thing and was pretty good as a way to put up a prequel and define a whole new series of characters and new venue
glitterbag

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 11:40 pm
@farmerman,
I watched 'Blood Simple' yesterday. It was first released in 1984 and I think it was the Coen brothers first full length film. I really enjoy Coen bros, productions, well most of them. The casting is great, the story lines are unusual, cinematography draws me in.......I bet I've watched that film at least 5 times or more. I'm not sure if it has broad appeal, but I like it.
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 06:19 am
I highly recommend the original "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" on Netflix until every last person has seen it, But watch the original Swedish version and just deal with the subtitles. The American version is not nearly as good. Also, it's a trilogy on Netflix. But the first film is the best.
Lash

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 06:34 am
@jcboy,
I liked that version too. Better storytelling.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 08:07 am
I have been watching "Victoria", which tells of the early life of the English queen. Quite interesting, and entertaining.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:10 am
Watched Blood Simple too; it must have been on TCM.
A great debut for the Coen Bros and Frances McDormand is a revelation as is M Emmet Walsh.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 10:36 pm
@panzade,
It's superb, but it's not for everybody. Love the scene when M Emmet Walsh is flat on the floor, starts laughing and says "Well, if I see him I sure will tell him".
0 Replies

Eian Mcneely

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 04:18 am
@barrythemod,
Watched Boss Baby, and love the animation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 08:23 am
@glitterbag,
I loved Blood Simple. I think it was the first VHS tape I tried copying from the video store, I liked it that much. Still love it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 08:27 am
Last movie I watched was Brazil, by Terry Gilliam.

http://i.imgur.com/Y7HaDrp.png
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 01:14 pm
Just rewatched The Gravy Train (a.k.a. The Dion Brothers). WestVirginia brothers head off to commit robbery. Strangely an almost comedic movie by being at times cliched, lifted and over the top. With Stacy Keach, Frederic Forrest and Margot Kidder.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 02:35 pm
I just finished watching Suicide Squad. Very disappointing, yes. Very very average. Jared Leto is easily my least favorite Joker behind Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, and Cesar Romero. The movie was watchable, I'll give it a 4 out of 10. Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 07:28 pm
I just watched Lion. It is about an Indian boy who gets lost, and ends up being adopted by an Australian couple. It is a moving, sensitive film, and I recommend it highly!

A wonderful series that I watched recently on Amazon streaming was Goliath. It is a courtroom drama. Billy Bob Thornton is magnificent as a down and out lawyer who goes up against William Hurt, who is head of a large law firm. Another "don't miss".
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 09:18 pm
Get Out is billed as a thriller/comedy. I won't give it all away because a big part of the hook is the twist. It has to do with interracial relationships (specifically black man/white woman) and all the stuff that can come with them. Written, co-produced, and directed by Jordan Peele from the comedy duo Key and Peele. It has some interesting social/political aspects and it's definitely entertaining.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 09:34 pm
@snood,
We watched Get Out last night. They really did make it happen, all the things that could have been familiar became fresh. Snood's right, don't assume this is going to be a formula that you have seen before, Jordan Peele makes it new again.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 04:15 am

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - 3D
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:18 am
Mississippi One. Semi-autobiographical story of the life of Tig Notaro, a comedian with a dry delivery and quirky family.

I like it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 12:53 am
We watched No Time For Sergeants two nights ago. Also released in 1958, it's laugh out loud funny.