The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

panzade

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
I hate to hear that.
You guys added a lot to this forum.
After 10 years of resisting I finally broke down and put a bunch of ninnies on ignore. It's made this place a lot more pleasant.
You should try it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:16 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:

I hear ya! This would be a fun place to hang out and enjoy but It’s not fun when you can’t block the trolls.

You can block the trolls. Click on the troll to go to their page then click on "ignore user."
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:45 pm
@izzythepush,
But that only blocks you from seeing their posts, they can still quote you and send you harassing messages.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:59 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
If they send you messages report them. Why worry if they quote you, if you're not reading them, chances are very few people are.
panzade

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Listen to izzy.
Letting these morons push you away from your friends gives them carte blanche to continue.
The powers that be here don't look kindly on any harassment.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:56 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
if that's going on - go to Contact Us (bottom of every page) and let the admins know - you'll probably need to provide details of the unwanted PM's

(and I totally agree - it's a real pain in the butt that you can put people on ignore but they can still freaking send you PM's - it feels really really invasive)
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 04:06 pm
@panzade,
Izzy tried to warn me...still I had to find out for myself. This JTT has an agenda, and doesn't care about anything else.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 04:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzy...doing it now!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 08:27 pm
@snood,
JTT is among the several people I have blocked. I also stopped going to the political threads and just stick with the arts and music threads. So much more enjoyable than reading the harangues of people who have no idea how to argue
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:49 pm
@plainoldme,
JTT still posts here?
Builder

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 11:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
Inside Job. Narrated by Matt Damon.

Still amazes me that these people didn't get locked up.

http://vimeo.com/20853241
0 Replies

wikitech01

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 02:50 am
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 10:14 pm
@Germlat,
Denzel is by far my favorite actor. Flight was really good, I thought. Man On Fire is another great performance, but I could name 6 or 7 others. I just thought they shouldn't have tacked on that last few minutes of comeuppance to make the film morally palatable.
Germlat

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:41 pm
@Lash,
I think they held off for the climax...I think if they hadn't ...I wouldn't have liked the movie. The process became about being true to his moral character . In the end , he had to choose..loved the movie .
fbaezer

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:23 pm
The last movie I saw on the theater was "Liv & Ingmar" (old enough to be on DVD now).
You'll like it if you are a fan of Bergman. A huge fan. A fanatical fan.
If you're not, you won't.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:26 pm
@Germlat,
Just watched "Inside Llwelyn Davis", not sure what I think. John Goodman had a few good lines, but he always delivers. The overall feeling was relief it was over.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 08:13 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought it a complete waste of time and the Coens missed this one big time. They loosely based it on van Ronk's "autobiography" and totally **** up everything.
I think the Coen's have
"jumped the shark" .They really phoned this one in
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 09:15 pm
@farmerman,
My older cousin Jim told me he thought it was a waste of his time. I was disappointed, but he urged us to see it for ourselves. He was right, I'll have to call him tomorrow and tell him he was spot on. By the way FM, he had the same opinion as you expressed. And there were no cats involved.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 05:11 am
@glitterbag,
Why he sounds like an incredibly intelligent fellow
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 06:03 am
I liked Inside Llewyn Davis. I liked the fact that the star could actually sing and play the guitar so that there was no clumsy dubbing and there were no coy cutaways to someone else's hands on the instrument.

Come on, how many Llewyn Davises did you know in the 60s? I knew a few.

I loved the chilling, totally true writing behind the lines spoken by F. Murray Abraham as well as his delivery. In fact, that speech was the point of the movie.

Normally, I like John Goodman but this was not the movie stealing role that he was cast for in The Big Lebowski.

I would guess that those who disliked the movie expected a nostalgia fest and not a criticism of the era.