Naughty, naughty
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 09:01 pm
Yeah, that's what I meant.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:16 am
My friend's husband was Allen Ginsburg step brother. Yup, AG was a high-maintenance kind of guy, but good to his mother.

Is Joan Baez high maintenance?

Okay, okay, I'll stop second-guessing people's guests. That's a promise.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 04:23 am
Um.. when was Jim Carrey pre-ego?

yes. Get Joan Baez of 1961 singing with Bob Gibson.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 05:33 am
Joe makes a point, when was Jim Carrey pre-ego? I would say when he was still talking out of his asshole and not pontificating publicly about how if you didn't like 'The Majestic' you had no heart, but I might change my mind and say when he and his family were living in their car, but who knows?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:30 am
You're right, cav. I forgot about those car-living days, but then, so has he.
I think he is a great clown at times, at other times .. Evil or Very Mad ... well. That's comedy, isn't it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:38 am
Yes, he has indeed forgotten about those car-living days, hence my original post about him having a pre-ego period at one point. Sad...mind you, his serial marriages and divorces to women he was in films with seem to indicate he is still over-eager to please, and uncomfortable dealing with real dating (I believe an ex-wife or two said they couldn't stand the fact that he was always "on"), which would indicate a hidden lack of ego, or a split personality.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:02 am
Hey, what's this about Joan Baez and "high maintenance"? Joan Baez is at my table, or I should say at the auditorium I rented for my favorite 10. But, I don't mind if you invite her, too, just so the dinner dates don't conflict. I invited her first.

You could invite Lily Tomlin.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:32 am
Raggedy, There have been a number of repeats. Same guests appearing on more than one list. Not to worry. Just set the date well in advance--a concern for the guests who are still among the living. For those who are dead, it might be possible for their spirits to be in two places at once. Do I know about such things? No. Who does?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:43 am
Lily Tomlin is indeed a funny woman, but the 'ringy-dingy' thing started getting on my nerves when she started shilling out the bit for advertising.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:54 am
"Is this the party to whom I am speaking?"
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:56 am
Roberta: Thank you for understanding my concern . Since Joan Baez is the only living being on my list, I was perhaps being just a bit too protective. I feel quite confident now that we'll be able to avoid a conflict of dates.--- And, I am more than willing to share the spirits.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:58 am
Raggedy, I'm relieved that you're relieved.

Andy, Snort, snort.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:46 pm
Joan was added because she is Mimi's sister and Mimi was Richard's wife. All in the family - after all, it's "Been Down So Long It Seems Like Up To Me" Smile
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:32 pm
And Joan could sing Sweet Sir Gallahad, the song she wrote for Richard. OK, you all can borrow her. Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:39 pm
A golf themed dinner.

Me.
My wife.
My three kids.
Sam Snead.
Arnold Palmer.
Jack Nicklaus.
Bob Hope.
Bill Murray.

I left off Tiger Woods because I'd rather listen to the others talk about him, rather than with him.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 02:00 pm
Bobby Jones and Ben Hogan Question
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 03:16 pm
Well, Bill, I only had 10 place settings.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 03:39 pm
I just wanted to include those two, and before I get in trouble again -- Babe Zaharias and Nancy Lopez also Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:27 pm
Hey BillW, I read that book. Don't remember it much, but the title always stuck in my head.

cjhsa, Interesting idea to keep Tiger off the list and let everyone else talk about him. And Bill Murray would be a plus at any dinner party, golf-oriented or anything-oriented.

I'm gonna say it again. Your list is your list. If you don't have women--or men--on your list, that's fine. Invite whom you want to be there. These are fantasy parties; the guest lists don't have to be politically correct.
0 Replies