Will Bush ever be punished?

Tartarin

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:15 pm
For your general consideration:

http://www.counterpunch.org/neumann0604.html

I haven't had time to read the whole thing, but I think it's a pretty cool piece of writing. And Canadian!
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:24 pm
V.L. wrote:
If someone from Europe said they never saw or heard the words "American sophistication" used together (except maybe in a joke),
If this is a joke, it is very stupid and biased joke. Majority of the post-war Nobel Prize Winners in different fields of science were Americans. I do not think that if the American culture was hostile to sophistication, these people would succeed.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:50 pm
Jokes aren't meant to be either logical or accurate. They are about perception, not factoid. They work when people laugh; and people generally laugh when the joke expresses something they've also experienced. Jokes (wit, humor) can also be revelatory, both of the person who tells them and the person who does or does not laugh at them.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:57 pm
Well, the biased joke really is revelatory: it shows that the ones having compiled it, and those spreading it are incorrectable bigots.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:59 pm
True!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:07 pm
roflmao Wink
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
ma also, dys!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
Anybody heard any good jokes lately?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:11 pm
Dirty or clean?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:13 pm
i never understand the clean ones...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:02 pm
I have a jewish joke.

A Paris Review issue of some years back dealt entirely with humor and humorists. There were some humor pieces and transcripts of dialogue between a bunch of humor writers which Paris Review had gotten together and sequestered in some yuk-encouraging mountain retreat. During one of those discussions, and coming off of something Dave Barry (if I recall correctly) had said, another humorist brought up the subject of ethnic jokes. With some certainty, a third humorist (not Richler, who had few rules about anything) suggested with some certainty that one couldn't really make humor about the jewish people because "How can one say anthing about 20 million people?". Calvin Trillin responded to this, first noting that he himself is Jewish. He said "One can speak of the culture", and he went on to tell the following joke.

A grandmother begs and pleads with her daughter to let take her the grandson to the beach for the day. The daughter finally relents. The grandmother is sitting on a blanket on the sand watching her beloved grandson play, when suddenly, a large wave comes and carries him out to sea. The grandmother throws herself to her knees and pleads with God to return her grandson to her, promising everything she can think of to make God more ammendable to her pleading. Another large wave comes in and deposits the grandson at her feet. wide-eyed but alive and well. The grandmother looks back up to heaven and says, "He had a hat. Where's his hat?"
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:07 pm
I think I've heard that one (probably in the PR) but I think you tell it better. Maybe that's why I include you with other notables in the ten best dinner party guest lists, Blatham!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:13 pm
http://www.bushjokes.com/index/regis.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:02 pm
He needs more than one kind of lifeline. LOL ci.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:12 pm
Bush says, "GW Bush, final answer Reg"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:57 pm
George Bush says " is England a country?, and whats a prime minister, is that higher than a pope?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:02 pm
You know, there's another forum i regularly visit, and they have what are known as "Caption" threads -- someone posts a picture, and people supply the caption . . . we should do that here . . .

Here's the P45 Rant - Picture Humor Forum[/color]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:40 pm
I'd like to call my good friend, Saddam, please.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:41 pm
Ci
You got me laughing with that one
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:40 pm
The assumption that one has to be Jewish to understand the Jews is wrong, unless it's meant in a general sense (You have to be Italian to understand Italians. You have to be part of my family to understand my family, etc...)

Jews are human, not a separate species. The history of the Jews is part of the history of humanity.

If you think that what I wrote makes me prejudiced and anti semitic, check out these people - Neturei Karta.
0 Replies