Will Bush ever be punished?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:56 pm
Well, Saddam is a man of peace!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:56 pm
We looked each other in the eyes, and I knew immediately, he was a good man.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:17 am
'incorrectable bigots'--nobody can turn a phrase like this man. :wink:
I love it!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:27 am
How did this thread go from punishing Bush to antisimite statements. Are the conseratives changing the thrust of the thread again. One of thier favorite tactacs.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:28 am
Well, I can't say anything about their tactacs, but cinnamon is one of my favorite tictacs.

...and welcome, rabel22.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 12:39 am
rabel22 wrote:
How did this thread go from punishing Bush to anti-Semitic statements? Are the conservatives changing the thrust of the thread again? One of their favorite tactics.

Hey, rabel22: you are 2 for 2 now - great! But, get this: it's the liberals, at least they identify as such!, who turned this from a discussion of possible punishment for Bush to what I like to refer to as the "Kill the Jews" thread; hard to believe, sad but true, etc. etc. Now, I must slip away into the night because I am trying to stay away since the "liberal" Jew-haters did the old 'bait-and-switch' number here! I haven't seen it get much uglier than this on A2K, but perhaps it has ... my being a Jew who is sympathetic to Israel tends to skew my perception of just how ugly it might have gotten elsewhere ...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:11 am
sweet complication

You are pretty close to being 180 degrees off target here, but my experiences on abuzz suggest we likely won't get far in a reasoned discussion on the matter. Some folks support Israel right or wrong, as some other folks support their president, right or wrong.

I find suggestions that someone who criticizes Israeli political policy must be an anti-semite as the most repugnant sort of slander and the most idiotic of red herring simplicities. That you or anyone else here might be Jewish has absolutely no significance to me whatsoever, other than in my recognition of a particular cultural heritage for which I have no animosity. But I sure as hell hold animosity towards certain Israeli government policies, recent and longer term. Of course, I'll voice that opinion when the subject arises.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 05:35 am
Tartarin, thanks for the link to the Neumann article... it was good reading.

Sweet, if that's the kind of thinking that satisfies you on an intellectual level, then you're doing yourself a disservice. Why don't you try answering some of the questions that have been asked, instead of drawing facile conclusions and making false assumptions about the participants of this discussion? The fact that it's a painful topic for you doesn't give you the right to dismiss your intellectual honesty.

Blatham, thanks for the funny joke well told Laughing

Here's one I heard recently... not very PC and a little crude, but still kinda funny...

Q: When is it ok to spit on an Italian chick's face?

A: When her moustache is on fire!

Laughing
0 Replies