McCain 08?

xingu

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 05:42 am
Might as well start a McCain thread since he is the front-runner for the Republican Party.

I came across this article that bashs him pretty well.

Quote:

Now this piece didn't come from some "liberal rag" as conservative like to call the WaPo or NYT. It's from the right wing NewsMax.

So do conservatives have a problem with McCain?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/7/11/93801.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,512 • Replies: 94
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:41 am
They are going to Swift-Boat McCain?

Wow.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:29 am
Odd, I thought the conservatives, especially the neo-cons, liked McCain.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:02 am
MacCain is too old and Romney is too stiff.

I'm for Edwards.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:21 am
The problem with McCain is the reasonable stances he has taken on issues like immigration, and the use of torture.

Someone more idealogically pure will have a better chance in the Republican primary. I am rooting for Tancredo.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:51 am
McCain is a male Hillary, he is about McCain & I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 05:12 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
McCain is a male Hillary, he is about McCain & I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances.

I am glad to hear that Madam.

I think that McCain is the only Republican who has a shot at winning in the general election. The fact that Conservatives are going to break apart-- with the religious right splitting from moderates and fiscal conservatives-- is making me very happy.

(I hope that you really mean that you won't vote for McCain in the general election.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 05:19 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I agree that McCain is what you perceive Hillary to be. He sold out to bushco long ago. He sucks.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:02 pm
I also agree... although if it comes down to McCain versus Hillary, Hillary gets my vote without question (although I will hold my nose).
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:07 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I am glad to hear that Madam.

I think that McCain is the only Republican who has a shot at winning in the general election. The fact that Conservatives are going to break apart-- with the religious right splitting from moderates and fiscal conservatives-- is making me very happy.

(I hope that you really mean that you won't vote for McCain in the general election.)

The only thing good about anything he has said lately is that he wants more troops in Iraq.
I don't sell my soul for a political party, I'm not a liberal.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:11 pm
McCain can be explained with three words; "can't be trusted." He approved legislation to allow Bush to torture our prisoners after he fought against it for so long, then he lied.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:25 pm
I was so disappointed. For a short time I thought that I might even be able to support McCain.

We need more people who can stand up for what is right against the tide. What a let down.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:27 pm
Re: McCain 08?
xingu wrote:
Ronald Kessler's excellent piece on Senator John McCain's erratic and explosive temper is 100% dead on target. As someone who has known McCain for 32 years, I can unequivocally state that he should be nowhere near the Oval Office.

His behavior through the years tells us all we need to know: he is a spoiled brat-turned adult who demeans people who dare to disagree with him; he has an explosive temper that can erupt on a nanosecond's notice; he might tell you something one day and then deny it the next; he is a political chameleon

I stopped reading after this. Character assassination is I think what its called.

Why's anyone read stuff like this? You really expect any insightful, reliable information after an opening like that?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:37 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Wow.

If McCain were to get the R nomination, you haven't seen any swift boating like the Dem nominee will do to him, & like Kerry, most, if not all will be true.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:40 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Wow.

If McCain were to get the R nomination, you haven't seen any swift boating like the Dem nominee will do to him, & like Kerry, most, if not all will be true.

Bush didn't do it to Kerry; he let others do the foul deed for him...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:44 pm
I counting on the Republicans do so damage McCain in the primary that, assuming he staggers accross the finish line with the nomination, McCain will be weakened enough that the Democratic candidate (who well may be Edwards) will not even have to go there.

Seriously I don't think the Democrats will be attacking McCains distinguished military service to his country. In past campaigns I believe only the Republicans have stooped so low as to attack McCains service..
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:46 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I counting on the Republicans do so damage McCain in the primary that, assuming he staggers accross the finish line with the nomination, McCain will be weakened enough that the Democratic candidate (who well may be Edwards) will not even have to go there.

Seriously I don't think the Democrats will be attacking McCains distinguished military service to his country. In past campaigns I believe only the Republicans have stooped so low as to attack McCains service..

WHAT?????? LOL Laughing The Dems would eat their young to get that job.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:10 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Yep..
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:18 pm
McCain is a media darling, because they could always count on him to badmouth his own party at crucial times. This was McCain's way of gaining praise from the media and he also gained face time in his mission to someday become president. However, he is naive enough not to realize the media will use him in this manner but throw him to the wolves when and if he ever gained the nomination as a Republican, because the mainstream media will always back the Democrat, no matter who it is.

I would hope to never be presented with the choice of voting for McCain or a Democrat, and I think most conservatives feel the same way. Beyond the temper factor, which I don't know if it is true for sure although I suspect there is a problem to some extent, I don't think he is that smart to be honest.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:19 pm
Sadly, Ebrown is probably right. (bm)
0 Replies