Carter Refuses to Debate Dershowitz

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:13 pm
Re: Carter Refuses to Debate Dershowitz
ehBeth wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book

What about the book makes you consider it a puff piece?

LoneStarMadam wrote:
because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?

How did you come to that determination?

~~~~~

I'm not asking about your opinion of Mr. Carter.

I am asking about your comments on the book.

Because it is an attack on Isreal. The Palestinnians don't want peace with Isreal, they want Israel & have said as much both in actions & words. Arafat was offered 95% of what he wanted. Carter had to know that, yet he still blasts Israel & writes as though the Palestinnians are these poor rag tag bunch of people. If Carter doesn't know better than that then he has no business writing or speaking to it. Or if he does, then it should be put down to the ramblings of an old senile man that has his best days behind him, in mind, at least.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:17 pm
". Carter has been out of the loop for 2 & a half decades." Excluding the international work of the Carter Institute and his role in Hati in the 90s and in the Good Friday Peace accord in Ireland, his thwarting of the Bushie led coup of Chavez in Venezuala, and now his remarkable achievement of getting Americans to at least hear the truth about Gaza and Israeli atrocities.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:18 pm
Yes, let's try to get back on topic.

LoneStarMadam wrote:
Carter is a coward, doesn't have the guts to face Dershowitz. You guys can attacke me, make sinde & irrelvant comments all day long, that doesn't change the fact that Carter is a coward, a liar, & an anti-Smeite & those are the reasons that Carter is hiding.

Apparently you're saying that the fact that Carter refuses to debate Dershowitz makes him a coward, a liar and an anti-Semite.

I'm wondering: are you calling Carter a coward, a liar and an anti-Semite anyways, and the bit that he refuses to meet Dersho in a debate doesn't really matter to you, and is just another chance to slime him?

Or would you criticise anyone who puts himself out in the public and, when challenged by an "expert" to a debate, gently refuses, turns down the offer or just ignores that opportunity?
In other words: does the fact that you're a public figure and you decline to debate someone make you a coward and a liar? (I'll leave out the anti-Semite bit here...)
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
". Carter has been out of the loop for 2 & a half decades." Excluding the international work of the Carter Institute and his role in Hati in the 90s and in the Good Friday Peace accord in Ireland, his thwarting of the Bushie led coup of Chavez in Venezuala, and now his remarkable achievement of getting Americans to at least hear the truth about Gaza and Israeli atrocities.

& that gives/gave him access to knowing all that's going on with Israel & the palestinnians?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
Man o Man LSM you have amazing insight (not unlike Okie) into the state of affairs of the world, should we nuke Grenada? Should we have protective tariffs against german steel? Should Brittney wear underware? Does the light stay on when you close the door? Will China bury us in our own debt?
Will ConAgra feed the world with tofu? Can Mormons really irrigate uphill? If you speak in tongues, can you diagram the sentences?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
old europe wrote:
Yes, let's try to get back on topic.

LoneStarMadam wrote:
Carter is a coward, doesn't have the guts to face Dershowitz. You guys can attacke me, make sinde & irrelvant comments all day long, that doesn't change the fact that Carter is a coward, a liar, & an anti-Smeite & those are the reasons that Carter is hiding.

Apparently you're saying that the fact that Carter refuses to debate Dershowitz makes him a coward, a liar and an anti-Semite.

I'm wondering: are you calling Carter a coward, a liar and an anti-Semite anyways, and the bit that he refuses to meet Dersho in a debate doesn't really matter to you, and is just another chance to slime him?

Or would you criticise anyone who puts himself out in the public and, when challenged by an "expert" to a debate, gently refuses, turns down the offer or just ignores that opportunity?
In other words: does the fact that you're a public figure and you decline to debate someone make you a coward and a liar? (I'll leave out the anti-Semite bit here...)

If Carter believes that he has the facts, then why doesn't he debate Dershowitz?
The fact that so much has been shown in Carters newest tome is false or plagerized, should make carter jump at the chance to vendicate his writings....or musings.
Yes, i think he's a coward because he knows he can't back up his facts.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
Does the fact that the White House refused to debate Ahmadinejad make Bush a liar and a coward, too? Does Bush know he can't back up his point of view of the problems the world is facing?

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5295550.stm]BBC News[/URL] wrote:
Iran TV debate challenge to Bush

Iran's president has challenged US President George W Bush to a live TV debate on world affairs.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused the US and UK of abusing their "special privileges" and said a debate would let both sides air their views uncensored.

[...]

Mr Ahmadinejad's challenge to President Bush was dismissed by the White House.

If Bush believes that he has the facts, then why doesn't he debate Ahmadinejad?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:44 pm
LoneStarMadam:

I didn't attack you, I asked you a question about the book.

Joe(Thanks, timber, I got a little lost there)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
old europe wrote:
Does the fact that the White House refused to debate Ahmadinejad make Bush a liar and a coward, too? Does Bush know he can't back up his point of view of the problems the world is facing?

Iran's president has challenged US President George W Bush to a live TV debate on world affairs.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused the US and UK of abusing their "special privileges" and said a debate would let both sides air their views uncensored.

[...]

I think John Kerry & a few other good Americans would agree with speaking with & dealing with the enemy. So far as I know, neither Carter nor Dershowitz are enemies of this country.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:50 pm
Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, No none for me

o yah

World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Senators stop the war

0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
LoneStarMadam:

I didn't attack you, I asked you a question about the book.

Joe(Thanks, timber, I got a little lost there)Nation

Sorry, I guess I took exception to when you're this snide. If you weren't being personal, I apologize.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm
OH, I know. Let's have Ahmadinejad debate Dershowitz.

Joe(now you're talking)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:55 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
old europe wrote:

[...]

I think John Kerry & a few other good Americans would agree with speaking with & dealing with the enemy. So far as I know, neither Carter nor Dershowitz are enemies of this country.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:00 pm
Enemies of Israel are enemies of the USA ...
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:03 pm
As long as we pay them, they're not.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:03 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Or if Bush debated Ahmadinejad, it would be the leaders of two democracies facing off.

Joe(next Hugo Chavez)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:12 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Or if Bush debated Ahmadinejad, it would be the leaders of two democracies facing off.

Do you honestly believe that anything of worth would come out of a debate like that? Wouldn't it be legitimizing Ahmadinejad?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:14 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Do you honestly believe that anything of worth would come out of a debate like that? Wouldn't it be legitimizing Ahmadinejad?

That's probably what Carter thought. Yeah. He probably thought, "Hey, why should I debate Dershowitz? Do you honestly believe that anything of worth would come out of a debate like that? Wouldn't it be legitimizing Dershowitz?"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:21 pm
Dear LoneStar, I have a Wolfgang Puck 12" skillet, stainless steel 18/10 that I over-heated cooking an Italian sausage. It is now quite stained and I am having difficulty getting it clean. Do you have any advice?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:25 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Dear LoneStar, I have a Wolfgang Puck 12" skillet, stainless steel 18/10 that I over-heated cooking an Italian sausage. It is now quite stained and I am having difficulty getting it clean. Do you have any advice?

Try spitting in it. With your acidic tongue, it's hard to tell what you might get off that cast iron skillet.
0 Replies