Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:36 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
[/i]... I'm not in the army.

Really? I was assuming you were a general...general nuisance.Smile]
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:45 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Do you know how excruciatingly boring this is? Is this name calling all there is to the level of political discussions on the boards these days?

It is boring, Butrfly. If I was using any sense at all, I'd use the Firefox browser with the ignore function. I stopped using it because it didn't let me use the little text enhancements (italics, bold, etc.). I shall try to practice restraint when the shyt stirs - as it undoubtedly will.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:51 am
Try it again, Snood.

I've been using the greasemonkey extension on the newest Firefox for a few weeks now. Bold and italic (as well as ignore) are functional here. I think colour is the only code that isn't.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:56 am
snood wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Do you know how excruciatingly boring this is? Is this name calling all there is to the level of political discussions on the boards these days?

It is boring, Butrfly. If I was using any sense at all, I'd use the Firefox browser with the ignore function. I stopped using it because it didn't let me use the little text enhancements (italics, bold, etc.). I shall try to practice restraint when the shyt stirs - as it undoubtedly will.

If you're referring to the editing buttons, just type in the code itself. Use the first letter of the enchancement in brackets before and after the text you wish to enhance. Just be sure to add a slash to the ending set of brackets to stop the enhancement. For example
Code:this B in brackets [b]starts the bold[/b] and the slash B stops it. The [u] starts underlining and the [/u] halts it. The [i]italicizes text and again, the slash [/i] stops it.

And here is what it would look like in the finished post:

For example this B in brackets starts the boldand the slash B stops it. The starts underlining and the halts it. The italicizes text and again, the slash stops it.

It's a few extra characters to type, but if the Firefox browser helps you restrain yourself from the name calling, I'd say it is worth it!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:56 am
ehBeth wrote:
Try it again, Snood.

I've been using the greasemonkey extension on the newest Firefox for a few weeks now. Bold and italic (as well as ignore) are functional here. I think colour is the only code that isn't.

How'd you get the greasemonkey doohickee? And is that what allowed you to enhance text?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:03 am
Snood, follow OE's instructions ... here ...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:06 am
Butrflynet wrote:

Yep, these days, since like about November the 14th?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:13 am
Re: Carter Refuses to Debate Dershowitz
dyslexia wrote:
I am quite sure that former president and nobel prize winner Jimmy Carter is quite fearful of Alan Dershowitz whose claim to fame is defending Claus von Bulow and O.J. Simpson.

How could a hick like Carter possibly stand a chance, during a debate, with a tenured Harvard Law school Professor like Alan Dershowitz.

Carter needs to return to his Georgia peanut farm.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:16 am
Greasemonkey
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:45 am
You're confusing me, Timber.

Joe(I'm easily confused, but still... .)Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:49 am
Butrflynet wrote:

Take a peek at who the culprit is that was first to start the crap on this thread.
There's a few here that will try to take any thread off topic that they don't like or agree with. They make pesonal snide comments or come right out with name calling, sometimes vile names. I have to believe that they're either too lazy to debate the topic or too ignorant to know how.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:50 am
georgeob1 wrote:
While I am no fan of Jimmy Carter's role in American politics, I recognize him as a far better and more dispassionate observer of the tragic situation in the Middle east than Alan Dershowitz. Carter has ample experience with the problem of Israel'Palestine. He dealt with the leading figures on both sides and proved himself to be a credible, if ineffectual, honest broker.

Alan Dershowitz is merely a committed protagonist of the most aggressive and one-sided element of israeli politics. He is not in Carter's league, and has offered nothing to merit such a debate. let him write his own book.

well put.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:03 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Take a peek at who the culprit is that was first to start the crap on this thread.
There's a few here that will try to take any thread off topic that they don't like or agree with. They make pesonal snide comments or come right out with name calling, sometimes vile names. I have to believe that they're either too lazy to debate the topic or too ignorant to know how.

I noticed it and directed my response to it.

Best advice I can give is to not join in the fray by lobbing another set of stink bombs to the mess. Yes, you and everyone else have every right to defend yourselves if you feel the need. Sometimes, not saying anything is the best defense. Just hold your nose and let the crap stink up the room all by itself without dumping another load.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
Butrflynet wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

I noticed it and directed my response to it.

Best advice I can give is to not join in the fray by lobbing another set of stink bombs to the mess. Yes, you and everyone else have every right to defend yourselves if you feel the need. Sometimes, not saying anything is the best defense. Just hold your nose and let the crap stink up the room all by itself without dumping another load.

Good advice, hopefully I can follow it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:25 am
Indeed.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:39 am
LoneStarMadam wrote
Quote:
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book on the Palestinnians & his anti-Semite stand on Israel, why won't he debate Dershowitz? Does Carter know that Dershowitz could chew him up & spit him out because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?

When one starts a conversation at this level of snideness, why would you expect that level to cool?

Dershowitz is free to write one or several op-ed pieces on Carter's book, if he hasn't already, but I doubt two things: that he would characterize it as either a puff piece or a grocery store tabloid and that a debate would be as effective as seeing the arguments in print.

Note: persons watching FOX are not required to repeat verbatim the hot, hot, hot opinions offered there as news.

I haven't read the book as yet, since you have, what major argument offered by Carter do you find the most objectionable and for what reasons?

Joe( Question )Nation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:48 am
arguments[/I]
Joe Nation wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote
Quote:
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book on the Palestinnians & his anti-Semite stand on Israel, why won't he debate Dershowitz? Does Carter know that Dershowitz could chew him up & spit him out because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?

When one starts a conversation at this level of snideness, why would you expect that level to cool?

Dershowitz is free to write one or several op-ed pieces on Carter's book, if he hasn't already, but I doubt two things: that he would characterize it as either a puff piece or a grocery store tabloid and that a debate would be as effective as seeing the arguments in print.

Note: persons watching FOX are not required to repeat verbatim the hot, hot, hot opinions offered there as news.

I haven't read the book as yet, since you have, what major argument offered by Carter do you find the most objectionable and for what reasons?

Joe( Question )Nation

Those are my comments on a political figure that has put himself & his idealogy, thoughts, & arguments into the public arena. I can & do/will give my thoughts on that particular individual. I have not attacked you, (nor anyone else on this thread), for what your thoughts are on Carter & would appreciate others not attacking me personally. They want to defend Carter, fine, that's what debate is supposed to be, I am not the topic.
Carters major objective is to help Palestinnains reach their goal of dismanteling a soverign state....Israel.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:57 am
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236786,00.html

Yes, of course, I am quite sure that former president and nobel prize winner Jimmy Carter is quite fearful of Alan Dershowitz whose claim to fame is defending Claus von Bulow and O.J. Simpson.

Dershowitz is also an informed expert on Israel & the Palestinnians, he has kept current, Carter is still living yesterdays. Carter has been out of the loop for 2 & a half decades.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:58 am
timberlandko wrote:

In response to which Joe Nation wrote:
You're confusing me, Timber.

Joe(I'm easily confused, but still... .)Nation

Sorry Joe - that was in response to

snood wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Try it again, Snood.

How'd you get the greasemonkey doohickee? And is that what allowed you to enhance text?

Got it sorted out now?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book

What about the book makes you consider it a puff piece?

LoneStarMadam wrote:
because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?

How did you come to that determination?

~~~~~

I'm not asking about your opinion of Mr. Carter.

I am asking about your comments on the book.
0 Replies