Carter Refuses to Debate Dershowitz

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:10 pm
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book on the Palestinnians & his anti-Semite stand on Israel, why won't he debate Dershowitz? Does Carter know that Dershowitz could chew him up & spit him out because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236786,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,460 • Replies: 129
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:18 pm
http://www.twainquotes.com/coyote2.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm
Re: Carter Refuses to Debate Dershowitz
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If Jimmy Carter is so positive that his puff piece book on the Palestinnians & his anti-Semite stand on Israel, why won't he debate Dershowitz? Does Carter know that Dershowitz could chew him up & spit him out because that book is no better than a grocery store tabloid?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236786,00.html

Yes, of course, I am quite sure that former president and nobel prize winner Jimmy Carter is quite fearful of Alan Dershowitz whose claim to fame is defending Claus von Bulow and O.J. Simpson.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:38 pm
Probably for the same reasons most people here avoid getting sucked into debating with you. Waste of energy.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:42 pm
Completely unrelated observation: Refusal to talk to an idiot does not mean the idiot is right.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:46 pm
amen! Some people in this world really think it's a legit challenge - like Dershowitz vs Mahatma.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:48 pm
I know I'm not the only one who's wondered, but I'm not sure of the answer: Is LSM yet another persona of Bernard? While the style's a bit different, the assaultive charm is redolent of him...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:49 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
I know I'm not the only one who's wondered, but I'm not sure of the answer: Is LSM yet another persona of Bernard? While the style's a bit different, the assaultive charm is redolent of him...

I don't think so, Bernard had a decent vocabulary.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:21 pm
Carter is a coward, doesn't have the guts to face Dershowitz. You guys can attacke me, make sinde & irrelvant comments all day long, that doesn't change the fact that Carter is a coward, a liar, & an anti-Smeite & those are the reasons that Carter is hiding.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:23 pm
snood wrote:
Probably for the same reasons most people here avoid getting sucked into debating with you. Waste of energy.

Who are you talking to?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:23 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Carter is a coward, doesn't have the guts to face Dershowitz. You guys can attacke me, make sinde & irrelvant comments all day long, that doesn't change the fact that Carter is a coward, a liar, & an anti-Smeite & those are the reasons that Carter is hiding.

Yes dear.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:47 pm
While I am no fan of Jimmy Carter's role in American politics, I recognize him as a far better and more dispassionate observer of the tragic situation in the Middle east than Alan Dershowitz. Carter has ample experience with the problem of Israel'Palestine. He dealt with the leading figures on both sides and proved himself to be a credible, if ineffectual, honest broker.

Alan Dershowitz is merely a committed protagonist of the most aggressive and one-sided element of israeli politics. He is not in Carter's league, and has offered nothing to merit such a debate. let him write his own book.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:50 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
snood wrote:

Who are you talking to?

You, you grabbag of charm, you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:27 am
Jimmy Carter is one of the few true Christians to ever serve in public life-- and certainly the only President who has every genuinely tried to follow the gospel of Christ.

Carter spends a modest life helping the poor.
He uses his public life to be a peacemaker.
He stands up for the oppressed and he speaks the truth to power.

... and he is veciously attacked by Pharisee, the ultra-religious who put more importance on their own self-righteousness and judging the people around them, then on really working to help people and make the world a better place.

If you don't want to follow the example of Jesus in your own life, then fine. You should at least stop attacking people who are making a genuine attempt to live a life based on Christian values.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:50 am
I admire the man for the fact that he's 82, has had a pretty good after-life during his post-presidency, yet dared to spend his political capital to raise the level of dialog about such a controversial subject at this late stage in his life.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 08:51 am
I also admire the work he has done with Habitat for Humanity.

There is no other president who has done so much good for the poor after his term.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:23 am
Jimmy Carter should stick to building houses & allow those that know what's going on to do their job. He had his chance & mucked it up. He is nothing more than an old man that has had the good fortune to have been selected as president over another weasle.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:25 am
snood wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
snood wrote:

Who are you talking to?

You, you grabbag of charm, you.

That is true, I am also a grabbag that KNOWS where the home of the 10th Mountain Division is, & I'm not in the army.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:32 am
Well said, georgeob.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:33 am
Do you know how excruciatingly boring this is? Is this name calling all there is to the level of political discussions on the boards these days?
0 Replies