Citizen Border Patrols and the Law

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:59 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Monte Cargo wrote:
If anyone owes an apology, you should go first.

It's honourable and actually should be so that the husband defends his wife.

But LoneStarMadam didn't seem to have been bothered at all.
But feel free to report me.

I applaud MC for being a gentleman, but, you sir, are not worth reporting. I would rather allow people to hang themselves amongst their peers.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:02 pm
You have hanged yourself already and your fellow troll isn't far behind
in his cargo box.

Trolls, that's what you are!
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:05 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Monte Cargo wrote:
If anyone owes an apology, you should go first.

It's honourable and actually should be so that the husband defends his wife.

But LoneStarMadam didn't seem to have been bothered at all.
But feel free to report me.

Walter,

I am MC's wife. Ask to have our IPs checked if you like. We are not from Texas.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:06 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
in his cargo box.

So much for the cliché that suicide bombers are all mideastern.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:06 pm
Sorry, mixed that.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:09 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Sorry, mixed that.

No problem, I can accept that. (insert appropriate smiley type face here)
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:15 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
in his cargo box.

Oooh, another clever little gem. You are really on top of the game, huh.
What's the matter, can't debate the topic so you resort to name calling?
Want to get back to a bonified debate or do you want to pursue your brand of debate?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
Monte Cargo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I would take it as I don't know if you're male or female. A bit touchy, are we?

You mean, I look female and Walter is female name?

Walter could be a female name. Do you have a hangup with people that are, um, maybe different than yourself? Do you get all discombobulated when others give you the same discourtesy as you give them?

If it follows that if you object to illegal immigration, then you deserve to be labeled a racist, then since Walter objects to being called a female, then Walter must be a mysognist.

Notice one of walters signatures? "Wherever law ends, tyranny begins", I doubt, judging from his defending the lawbreaking ILLEGAL immigrants, that he believes his own signature.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
LSM/ Monte Cargo

If all you can do is hurl insults hopefully you will find an other forum to do it on.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:24 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
LonestarMadam is as dense as they come, and a racist par excellence,
and it is presented in writing by herself.

I really didn't believe that people like her exist.

Maybe au1929 could spread his/her advice around? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:26 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Notice one of walters signatures? "Wherever law ends, tyranny begins", I doubt, judging from his defending the lawbreaking ILLEGAL immigrants, that he believes his own signature.

Does this mean that defending lawbreakers is outside the law?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:42 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Does this mean that defending lawbreakers is outside the law?

No, of course not, however, it woiuld seem that you are selective in the brand of lawbreaking that you defend. What a shame that we can't just throw ot the laws that we disapprove of, huh.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:48 pm
I don't know what gives you such an impression.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't know what gives you such an impression.

Breaking the law is breaking the law, just because one doesn't think whatever should be against the law, does not change the fact that it is against the law. An example, yeah, but he committed perjury about sex, like lying under oath about sex is any different than lying under oath about theft or something as simple about lying under oath about using a derogatory term. Our lawmakers, state & federal, enact laws, we can question a law, but unless or until it's revoked, we obey the law or suffer the consequences, appaprently you & some others do not agree with that. I'd change my signature line if i were you.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Breaking the law is breaking the law, just because one doesn't think whatever should be against the law, does not change the fact that it is against the law.

I totally agree. And I never said different.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:09 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Breaking the law is breaking the law, just because one doesn't think whatever should be against the law, does not change the fact that it is against the law.

I totally agree. And I never said different.

OMG!!!! Shocked Well, what a banner day this has turned out to be!!!
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:09 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Sorry, mixed that.

Walter, sometimes the heat of continued debate results in going a little over the top. Most of us do it from time to time.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 05:29 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Vigilant action has served this country well from time to time. When the gov't does not protect this country, then what? We just allow the intruders to march on? There's not just the economic hardship it brings, there's also the terrorists that it can bring. There's more than Mexicans/Canadians crossing the borders.

There are many examples of normal citizens deciding that they don't like what their government is doing (or not doing) and decided to take matters in their own hand.

One example of this waslynching. Lynch mobs told themselves that they were defending the law when the government couldn't protect them the way they wanted to be protected.

I can't think of a single example where this kind of "vigilant" activity turned out good.

The fact is we live in a democracy. For every American citizen who feels as you do that these worker constitute an invasion, there is at least one American citizen like me who feels that human beings should be treated with compassion irregardless of their status.

This is the reason that the attempt of some Republicans to pass harsh anti-illegal-immigrant legislation on the national level failed. They were unable to get the public support necessary (yes they got strong support from a very vocal minority, but many of us American citizens opposed them just as strongly.)

I am completely happy to work this out in a civilized manner-- through spirited public debate that leads to political movement through the Democratic process.

I would never suggest people taking up arms, even when conservatives have broken the law in their attempt to act against immigrants illegal or legal.

Let's at least agree to support the democratic process.

I enjoy reading your posts, you too stand for what you believe in & do it without the vitriol.
I believe that republicans & dems alike, not all of either party, are arm in arm in this lack of border control, & both for nefarious reasons, VOTES.
I welcome legal immigrants, where would we be without our ancestors. I do not support amnesty for those that sneaked across our borders, if nothing else, it isn't fair to those that have & are standing in line I am for sending them home, wherever that may be, & it isn't just Mexico.

Your implication that our ancestors were all legal immigrants is incorrect. Immigration laws started in the early 1900s and illegal immigration started then (before that there was no such thing).

Since the 1900s there have been millions of illegal immigrants from many European countries. The immigration laws through most of the 1900s had racial quotas that purposely discriminated against people from southern European Catholic contries. People who could get the limited number of visas, came legally. Those who didn't had many other options. Many were smuggled on ships (or stowed away). There was also a common practice of taking advantage of agricultural programs in Canada and then slipping accross our northen borders.

There are millions of Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, German Americans, Polish Americans, Greek Americans and Chinese Americans who are descended from illegal immigrants, and probably most of them, thank to the fourteenth amendment, don't even know (or need to know).

There are millions of Americans who are only here because of amnesty.

Quote:
As for vigilantes, our forefathers could be looked at as such.

Quite the contrary. Our forfathers were law breakers (and immigrants). They broke the law with glee. Remember the Boston Tea party?

The Tories (Colonists who supported the British law and opposed the illegal revolution) were the vigilantes of the day.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 05:30 pm
Madam,

What is your opinion of Rosa Parks? She was recently honored for breaking the law?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Vigilant action has served this country well from time to time. When the gov't does not protect this country, then what? We just allow the intruders to march on? There's not just the economic hardship it brings, there's also the terrorists that it can bring. There's more than Mexicans/Canadians crossing the borders.

There are many examples of normal citizens deciding that they don't like what their government is doing (or not doing) and decided to take matters in their own hand.

One example of this waslynching. Lynch mobs told themselves that they were defending the law when the government couldn't protect them the way they wanted to be protected.

I can't think of a single example where this kind of "vigilant" activity turned out good.

The fact is we live in a democracy. For every American citizen who feels as you do that these worker constitute an invasion, there is at least one American citizen like me who feels that human beings should be treated with compassion irregardless of their status.

This is the reason that the attempt of some Republicans to pass harsh anti-illegal-immigrant legislation on the national level failed. They were unable to get the public support necessary (yes they got strong support from a very vocal minority, but many of us American citizens opposed them just as strongly.)

I am completely happy to work this out in a civilized manner-- through spirited public debate that leads to political movement through the Democratic process.

I would never suggest people taking up arms, even when conservatives have broken the law in their attempt to act against immigrants illegal or legal.

Let's at least agree to support the democratic process.

I enjoy reading your posts, you too stand for what you believe in & do it without the vitriol.
I believe that republicans & dems alike, not all of either party, are arm in arm in this lack of border control, & both for nefarious reasons, VOTES.
I welcome legal immigrants, where would we be without our ancestors. I do not support amnesty for those that sneaked across our borders, if nothing else, it isn't fair to those that have & are standing in line I am for sending them home, wherever that may be, & it isn't just Mexico.

Your implication that our ancestors were all legal immigrants is incorrect. Immigration laws started in the early 1900s and illegal immigration started then (before that there was no such thing).

Since the 1900s there have been millions of illegal immigrants from many European countries. The immigration laws through most of the 1900s had racial quotas that purposely discriminated against people from southern European Catholic contries. People who could get the limited number of visas, came legally. Those who didn't had many other options. Many were smuggled on ships (or stowed away). There was also a common practice of taking advantage of agricultural programs in Canada and then slipping accross our northen borders.

There are millions of Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, German Americans, Polish Americans, Greek Americans and Chinese Americans who are descended from illegal immigrants, and probably most of them, thank to the fourteenth amendment, don't even know (or need to know).

There are millions of Americans who are only here because of amnesty.

Quote:
As for vigilantes, our forefathers could be looked at as such.

Quite the contrary. Our forfathers were law breakers (and immigrants). They broke the law with glee. Remember the Boston Tea party?

The Tories (Colonists who supported the British law and opposed the illegal revolution) were the vigilantes of the day.

Brown
Wake up this is 2006 not the 18th or,19th century. The world has changed and conditions are far different than they were then.
0 Replies