John Edwards for president?

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 09:29 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
snood wrote:
In texas, the state government is structured so that the Lt Governor has more power. Bush was a figurehead, mostly remembered for presiding over the most death sentences carried out by any state.

That has nothing to do with what you said & what i asked you.
Since Tx is a helluva big state, it isn't hard to imagine that we have had more dp cases. You put the skids on your own argument of Tx governors have no power, only a figurehead. If you know that (& that is true) then how is it Bushs fault that people were executed here? A Tx gov can give a 30 reprive, that's it. Do you know who Bushs Lt Gov was? A democrat.Next.

You are wrong. Lt. Governor Perry is a Republican. ---BBB

James Richard "Rick" Perry (b. March 4, 1950) is a Republican politician and the Governor of Texas. He assumed office in December 2000 when then-Governor George W. Bush resigned to prepare for his inauguration as President of the United States. Gov. Perry was elected to full terms in 2002 and 2006.

As lieutenant governor, 1999-2000

In 1998, Perry ran for lieutenant governor to succeed the retiring Democrat Bob Bullock. Perry polled 1,858,837 votes (50.04 percent) to the 1,790,106 (48.19 percent) cast for Democrat John Sharp of Victoria, who relinquished the comptroller's position after two terms to run for lieutenant governor. Libertarian Anthony Garcia polled another 65,150 votes (1.75 percent).[

Perry was a Democrat until he seen the handwriting on the wall, he's now a RINO. Bob Bullock, a Dem until he died, campaigned for Bush, as did Mrs Bullock in the 2000 campaign.
I voted for Kinky Friedman this time for Gov of Tx.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 09:41 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
As the originator of this thread, I request that the newcomer flamers cease trying to disrupt my thread topic. Please show me the courtesy of behaving yourself. If not, please go to your room!

BBB

BBB I love you and I don't think you were talking to me but I'm going to my room anyway. That's where all my cool stuff is. (and a naked squinney). G'night BBB and for you I have one of my extra special
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:08 am
Bob Bullock was Bushs first lt Governor.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 10:27 am
Madam
LoneStarMadam wrote:

We both are right. Bullock served part of Bush's term.

Robert D. (Bob) Bullock (July 10, 1929 - June 18, 1999) was an American politician from Texas. He served as a Democrat in the Texas House of Representatives from 1957-1960, as Texas Secretary of State from 1971-1973, as State Comptroller from 1975-1990, and as Lieutenant Governor of Texas from 1991-1999 during the terms of Governor Ann Richards and then-Texas Governor (and now President) George W. Bush.

As Lieutenant Governor, he professed a non-partisan approach to lawmaking, often telling members of the Texas Senate to leave their politics at the door. Bullock unofficially endorsed Republican Governor George W. Bush's presidential campaign even before it got off the ground.

Now, can we get back to the topis of this thread, which is not about Bush or you. It's about Edwards and Obama. ---BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 10:44 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
As the originator of this thread, I request that the newcomer flamers cease trying to disrupt my thread topic. Please show me the courtesy of behaving yourself. If not, please go to your room!

BBB

BBB I love you and I don't think you were talking to me but I'm going to my room anyway. That's where all my cool stuff is. (and a naked squinney). G'night BBB and for you I have one of my extra special

Good grief! Bear. Everyone knows we can't compete with a naked Squinney waiting.

BBB Embarrassed
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:01 pm
Re: Madam
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

We both are right. Bullock served part of Bush's term.

Robert D. (Bob) Bullock (July 10, 1929 - June 18, 1999) was an American politician from Texas. He served as a Democrat in the Texas House of Representatives from 1957-1960, as Texas Secretary of State from 1971-1973, as State Comptroller from 1975-1990, and as Lieutenant Governor of Texas from 1991-1999 during the terms of Governor Ann Richards and then-Texas Governor (and now President) George W. Bush.

As Lieutenant Governor, he professed a non-partisan approach to lawmaking, often telling members of the Texas Senate to leave their politics at the door. Bullock unofficially endorsed Republican Governor George W. Bush's presidential campaign even before it got off the ground.

Now, can we get back to the topis of this thread, which is not about Bush or you. It's about Edwards and Obama. ---BBB

OK
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 03:40 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

Good grief! Bear. Everyone knows we can't compete with a naked Squinney waiting.

BBB Embarrassed

unfortunately the naked squinney turned out to be a snoring squinney as well. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:59 pm
Bear
Bear, I sobbed for an hour when I heard your sad news.

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:48 pm
Are we back on topic yet?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:52 pm
I don'tknow.... BBB, are we back on topic? Or do you want to talk about anything else?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:59 pm
I would vote for John Edwards naked. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:03 pm
But what would the people in the other booths say?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:05 pm
Um...squinney for vice-president?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
We are sooooooo off topic.... that's kewl....

let's get naked and talk politics honey....I think my pole numbers are going up...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 07:34 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
We are sooooooo off topic.... that's kewl....

let's get naked and talk politics honey....I think my pole numbers are going up...

Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 09:09 am
Bear
Should we ask Elizabeth Edwards what John's pole number is?

BBB Embarrassed

p.s. I really like Elizabeth Edwards.

BBB Smile

p.p.s. Squinney, why are you hiding Bear's pole number?

BBB Mad

Michelle Obama said that "Barack didn't pledge riches, only a life that would be interesting. On that promise he's delivered." She also said as part of the division of labor in their house, Barack did the grocery shopping. You can be sure Michelle is too classy to tell us Barack's pole number.

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:17 am
I will vote for Edawards if he gets nominated. I will vote for someone else in the primary- -not sure who.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Squinney, why are you hiding Bear's pole number?

BBB Mad

Michelle Obama said that "Barack didn't pledge riches, only a life that would be interesting. On that promise he's delivered." She also said as part of the division of labor in their house, Barack did the grocery shopping. You can be sure Michelle is too classy to tell us Barack's pole number.
BBB Rolling Eyes

Now you've put me in a quandry. Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:01 pm
I had a Quandry once't . . . but it kept breaking down, and it was too hard to get parts.

As i said earlier, i preferred Edwards to Kerry, but voted Kerry as a vote against Bush.

As i also said earlier, i don't think Edwards could get elected, and i suspect, as was the case in Thomas' remarks, that he would suffer from having been a trial lawyer.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:49 pm
Epsom salts and antibiotics took care of a huge festering Quandry I had once.

So edgar, you would vote for Edwards over Obama?
0 Replies