Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 06:25 pm
Advocate wrote:
No, you are.

<rim shot>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 07:07 pm
At least Advocate hit the rim; whereas you missed totally.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:29 am
Tico, I have to admit that you are half a wit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:56 am
Advocate's going to be here all week.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:49 am
Kucinich, again: This time his presidential bid is all about Dennis

Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's not difficult to figure out Rep. Dennis Kucinich. The diminutive Cleveland congressman has a giant-sized ego that seeks a national platform for attention. It's the reason the 60-year-old liberal Democrat has launched a second bid for president.

The first time Rep. Kucinich made a presidential run, in 2004, he stayed in long after the party had ended for his candidacy, but the man was on a mission. Besides gaining national exposure for himself, Mr. Kucinich ran almost exclusively on an anti-war plank.

The politician who first attracted national headlines as Cleveland's disastrous "boy" mayor has been a consistent and, at times, eloquent dissenter in the Iraq war. He was a passionate opponent of the U.S. invasion of Iraq from the beginning, when many of his Democratic colleagues were silent, and for that he deserves credit.

He kept the war at the forefront of his quixotic campaign, hammering away at the steep cost of the unjustified pre-emptive invasion whenever possible. And he was right.

But to use the results of the recent midterm elections as an excuse to run again for president on an anti-war platform undermines the good he did two years ago.

Voters finally got his and other critics' warnings about the war and sent their own resounding message for change to Washington. Their votes affirmed the Kucinich arguments against a war that should never have been waged. The congressman should take great satisfaction in having helped to awaken the country to the catastrophe in Iraq.

But it's not about him. It's about the nation finding new direction through new leadership. Conversely, the announced Kucinich campaign for president in 2008 is about him.

Frankly, his constituents deserve better; they re-elected the congressman to a sixth term with 66 percent of the vote. With such support, they undoubtedly expected Mr. Kucinich to reciprocate by representing their needs and concerns on Capitol Hill. Next time maybe they'll know better.

A politician who takes overwhelming support for granted to embrace a second long-shot candidacy for the White House represents a party of one.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:34 pm
Sen. Sam Brownback thinks he can run. He is a complete loser, and is somewhat of a religious fanatic. I would take Dennis over him any day.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
Advocate wrote:
Sen. Sam Brownback thinks he can run. He is a complete loser, and is somewhat of a religious fanatic. I would take Dennis over him any day.

Not surprisingly, I have the opposite take.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:15 pm
You must be anti-choice. Sam is probably more anti-choice than anyone in congress.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:19 pm
Advocate wrote:
You must be anti-choice. Sam is probably more anti-choice than anyone in congress.

No, but I do choose to vote for Brownback given a choice between him and Kucinich.

Now, give me a different set of candidates, and I might make a different choice.

See, I'm all about choice.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
One of the big selling points for James Gilmore is that he had the auto tax abolished upon taking office as governor of Virginia. What he and his supporters don't tell you is that he then promptly asked the legislature to increase other taxes to replace of the lost auto-tax revenue. He is another phony from the right.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 04:17 pm
People should be concerned about Mitt Romney's religion. Moreover, he has said in effect that he is for a blending of church and state. He posits that he is the candidate of the Christian Right.
0 Replies

bisca

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 01:06 pm
I am convinced that the best thing that could happen in our country was to have the handsome, highly learned, poliitically astute, charismatic Barack Obama run for President on the Democratic ticket.

How could he lose? Millions more, especially minorities,would turn out to vote for him.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 02:30 pm
Once people get wind of Barak's middle name, he may be in trouble politically.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 03:50 pm
Advocate wrote:
Once people get wind of Barak's middle name, he may be in trouble politically.
Laughing Unbelievable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 03:57 pm
My middle name is Rea and that prevents me from running for election to the city board of sewer sanitiation. Should I change my name?
0 Replies

bisca

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 09:08 pm
Just because Obama's Middle name is Hussein, it would mean nothing to the voter who listens to his ideas and who knows that Senator Obama is a Congregationalist not a Muslim.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:10 pm
Please, I didn't imply that Barak's middle name should raise a negative implication. It is just that I have little faith in the electorate, which, after all, twice put Bush into office.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:05 pm
Generally, I find it easier to vote for the lesser of two evils.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:01 pm
Obama cant run.

He smokes,and the nannies in the loony left that want smoking outlawed and smokers shot would never vote for him.
He wouldnt win the election.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 02:08 pm
Smokers, a despised minority? That is a new one for me.
0 Replies