Presidential candidates I Would and Would Not Vote For

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 11:24 am
The biggest problem for the republicans was their move away from conservatism. Who in their right mind can even articulate that Bush and congress were conservatives during the past six years? Show me.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:19 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
The biggest problem for the republicans was their move away from conservatism.

Are you serious? You think that if they'd been even more conservative, they'd have won these elections?

My take, obviously, is the opposite, and on that I agree with Blatham. Between Ashcroft and Karl "rally the base" Rove, the conservative dogmas of Cheney and Rumsfeld's slash-and-burn foreign policy, the massive tax cuts for the very richest and utter contempt for any sort of bipartisanism, the Republicans have been so conservative that they ended up sickening even mainstream America.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 08:29 pm
I used to think conservatism meant small government, little to no intrusions into our lives, and less spending on social programs.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 09:26 am
I used to think that conservatism extended to fiscal matters (fiscal conservatism). How wrong could I be! With this administration, we had massive government spending along with massive tax cuts (focused on the wealthy). Most now owe on two mortgages: one on their home and on the humongous national debt.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:08 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
The biggest problem for the republicans was their move away from conservatism. Who in their right mind can even articulate that Bush and congress were conservatives during the past six years? Show me.

On the whole, I don't think it can be done.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I used to think conservatism meant small government, little to no intrusions into our lives, and less spending on social programs.

It still means that. Bush is not a conservative in all aspects, but is the closest thing to it in terms of the choices presented to us in the last two elections.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:50 am
This thing about the Sen. Tim Johnson's illness is of major import. Moreover, there were sightings of Karl Rove lurking in the Senate Office Bldg. kitchen in the morning of the day that Johnson fell ill. There is no stopping Karl from getting his way.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:56 am
Advocate wrote:
This thing about the Sen. Tim Johnson's illness is of major import. Moreover, there were sightings of Karl Rove lurking in the Senate Office Bldg. kitchen in the morning of the day that Johnson fell ill. There is no stopping Karl from getting his way.

Rove lurking in the kitchen is nothing new.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 11:49 am
Tico, I think its time to bring out your black helicopter graphics.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 12:09 pm
Dang, I had cheney, in the library, with the candlestick.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:49 pm
Advocate wrote:

Are you as silly as those fools at democratunderground,and actually going to claim that Senator Johnson's illness is the fault of something that he repubs did?

Are you really that paranoid?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:27 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Are you as silly as those fools at democratunderground,and actually going to claim that Senator Johnson's illness is the fault of something that he repubs did?

Are you really that paranoid?

You think Advocate is being serious? Are you really that stupid?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:19 am
MM, don't be so literal. Rove is capable of a lot of things, but my accusation was a joke.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:38 am
Nobody is used to you having a sense of humor, Advocate.

It might take some time for everyone to adjust to this new development.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 03:13 pm
Tico, you just can't resist the ad hominine comment. You love to get in the cheap shot. Is it insecurity? The fact is that I have an excellent sense of humor, and have frequently added items of wit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 01:21 am
Advocate wrote:
Tico, you just can't resist the ad hominine comment. You love to get in the cheap shot. Is it insecurity? The fact is that I have an excellent sense of humor, and have frequently added items of wit.

Okay, my mistake ... you don't have a sense of humor.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:32 am
Advocate wrote:
MM, don't be so literal. Rove is capable of a lot of things, but my accusation was a joke.

I know you were joking,but there are many people at democratunderground that actually do believe that the repubs had something to with with Senator Johnsons illness.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 09:46 am
MM, who are they? I would like to straighten them out.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:19 am
Advocate wrote:
MM, who are they? I would like to straighten them out.

Is that a joke?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2006 03:28 pm
No, you are.
0 Replies