"Q...U...A...G..."

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:17 pm
Ya think mebbe if we ever body send him a bag a pretzels a week til the election, he'd get the point?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:19 pm
Smile
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:21 pm
Setanta: methinks you doth "misoverestimate" him; but it still is a cute idea . . . maybe we should send them to Rove, who probably would get the point :wink: .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:25 pm
Gotcha Boss, good thinkin' . . .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:27 pm
"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." -George W. Bush, in Feb. 2000

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush, in Sept. 2000

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush, in Jan. 2000

"Marijuana? Cocaine? I'm not going to talk about what I did as a child."

"States should have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live."
Cleveland, June 29, 2000

I think we agree, the past is over."
On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:16 pm
Makes me long for Yogi Berra.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:29 pm
Ah yes, there is wittism and truth in what Yogi says! The only laughable thing in a Bushism is at the clown who says it!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:34 pm
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:54 pm
1994 - proves it is a sly, current attempt to be folksy, I think he is just plain old dumb and tries to talk up to maybe a 5th grader
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:29 pm
Just thought you'd like to know.........Rumsfeld said yesterday "there is no quagmire."
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:43 pm
There isn't one where he is standing, but if he'd just walk over to the edge and look way down - he couldn't miss it!

(edited for precision)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:48 pm
the abyss runs from the White House to the Pentagon
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 06:51 am
Rumsfeld: It's not Nam
Compares Iraq to early America

By RICHARD SISK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - Iraq is not a quagmire for U.S. forces - or a guerrilla war - and it's nothing like Vietnam despite the mounting casualties, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld insisted yesterday.The situation in Iraq is more like the U.S. in the "period of chaos and confusion" after the American Revolution and before the adoption of the Constitution, Rumsfeld said.Rumsfeld said the aggressive sweeps and home searches by troops eventually will quell the unrest as Iraq makes the transition to democracy, but he again declined to give a timetable. Attacks that have killed at least 23 U.S. troops since President Bush's May 1 declaration of an end to major combat will "go on for some time," Rumsfeld said. "If you want to call that a quagmire, do it. I don't."

Dr Strangelove is at it again
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 08:00 am
After the American Revolution, we weren't occupied by a conquering force. Unless one is talking about the American Indians as compared to the Iraqis. Oh no, "Manifest Destiny" - USA, Middle East version is starting up.

This guy is absolutely nuts-o!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 08:04 pm
Quote:
To Staff Sgt. Charles Pollard, the working-class suburb of Mashtal is a "very, very, very, very bad neighborhood." And he sees just one solution.

"U.S. officials need to get our [expletive] out of here," said the 43-year-old reservist from Pittsburgh, who arrived in Iraq with the 307th Military Police Company on May 24. "I say that seriously. We have no business being here. We will not change the culture they have in Iraq, in Baghdad. Baghdad is so corrupted. All we are here is potential people to be killed and sitting ducks."

Mistrust Mixes With Misery In Heat of Baghdad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:31 am
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Two soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division were killed and one was injured in an ambush Sunday when their convoy came under rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire in northern Iraq (news - web sites), the U.S. military said.
The deaths brought to 151 the number of American soldiers killed in action since the March 20 start of the war, four more than the total killed in the 1991 Gulf war (news - web sites).
Also Sunday, a U.S. soldier was killed and two others injured when their vehicle crashed and flipped over near Baghdad International Airport, according to a statement from U.S. Central Command in Tampa, Fla.
An angry confrontation developed to the south of Baghdad, meanwhile. In the holy city of Najaf, 10,000 Shiite Muslim demonstrators were blocked by U.S. troops from entering the American headquarters. Some clerics urged demonstrators to turn back. Soldiers used Humvees to barricade the building. There were no reports of shooting or other violence.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:45 am
Oh, Dys, that can't be happening.

Don't you know that George Bush has indicated that the war is over!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:48 am
Well, all I can add is what I heard on the radio just now: patriotism is waning in Albuquerque...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:49 am
yeah Frank, i forgot
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 09:35 am
MoDo hits the nail on the head:Let's Blame Canada
0 Replies