"Q...U...A...G..."

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 04:41 pm
I was trying to figure out where that picture was taken. There's no way of telling from the photo as posted. So I tried tracing it back from the properties and danged if quite a few of these topics look familiar.

http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 04:44 pm
I know I'll be looking with even more caution at someone who uses a website with this posted, as a resource for anything: (same link as my previous post)

Quote:
Do you love security more than freedom? Then please stay the hell away from voting booths. We have too many people eligible to vote anyway, especially those predator-producing welfare brood mares. Absolutely no bedwetting liberals or race warlords were harmed or mistreated in the creation of this web page --- though the temptation was certainly very tough to resist. If cars are passing you on the right, move the hell over. Hire people with hooks. Beat those who lead police on high-speed chases. And where in the hell did Jesse Jackson get all of that money?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 05:36 pm
boortz! whata hoot this guy is. no wonder the rad right read him, he uses monosylabic vocabulary.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 05:47 pm
We'll look back at this era as one of the most shameful in American history, thanks to guys like Boortz. They really are the dirt beneath our feet.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 09:31 pm
Quote:
We'll look back at this era as one of the most shameful in American history, thanks to guys like Boortz. They really are the dirt beneath our feet.

Though I am not a Boortz fan, (don't listen or read him, only know him from that whacko on abuzz who constantly c&ps his stuff) I think you owe dirt an apology, Tartarin.

That's where we get our food from, you know?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 07:43 am
True, Max -- I was thinking along the same lines as I clicked the post into place! I dunno. The snot in our nose? The boil on our butt?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 07:46 am
The wind we break?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 09:31 am
Might i suggest that this topic has been derailed? Given that the thread ostensibly concerns itself with the possibility that our involvement in Iraq will quickly degenerate into a quagmire, i can understand that the more conservative members here would like to discuss something, anything, rather than this topic. Of course, i am a notoriously "off-topic" kind of poster, so i'll not suggest that there is anything inherently bad about going off topic.

I am interested, nonetheless, to know what our conservative members think of this subject.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:01 am
ehBeth wrote:
I was trying to figure out where that picture was taken. There's no way of telling from the photo as posted. So I tried tracing it back from the properties and danged if quite a few of these topics look familiar.

http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm

What difference does the source make? I thought this was a discussion forum where people of different beliefs can discuss current events.

I posted the picture out of context to show that a picture can say different things to different people. The picture of the soldiers with bayonets, taken out of context illicited a pavlovian response from the left about how evil America is. A picture of a middle eastern child waving an American flag also seemed to illicit the same pavlovian response.

Why discuss a topic when you can attack the source is a common theme here. Too bad.

I have, therfore, come to the following conclusion. Many leftists on this board are anti-american and nothing any does or says will change their opinions of America. It's like talking to a wall.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:03 am
similar to my opinion about flag-waving, drone-like rightists. Except talking to them is more like shouting into a vacuum.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
McGentrix wrote:
I have, therfore, come to the following conclusion. Many leftists on this board are anti-american and nothing any does or says will change their opinions of America. It's like talking to a wall.

Gee, that's broad-minded.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:10 am
I have only met one or two leftists in my entire life who are anti-American. Being anti-jingoist or anti-conservative or anti-GW Bush is another matter, unrelated.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:20 am
Calling people anti-American is the historic rallying cry of those who have run out of rational defenses for their point of view . These discussions are full of rage from the radicals. They are furious that we dislike and distrust their leaders but, with very, very few exceptions, have no valid defense. You can always tell when they're in a rut of frustration -- they cry "anti-American."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:23 am
I hear the bell ringing...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 11:25 am
McGentrix wrote:
I hear the bell ringing...

Is that like "my mom is calling me?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:15 pm
Come on McGentrix - What box of conservative Crackerjacks did you get the Unamerican bs charge from?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:19 pm
McGentrix wrote:

You're disgusting. Having served my country honorably for three years, having enlisted, and having loved my country and its citizens--despite any flaws--i am deeply and justifiably offended by such a remark. Get off your high horse; despising the Shrub and his band of crooks is both my right, and in my opinion, one of the highest expressions of patriotism.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:23 pm
I also take notice that no self-described conservative here has yet addressed the topic of this thread.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:53 pm
McG wrote:

I posted the picture out of context to show that a picture can say different things to different people. The picture of the soldiers with bayonets, taken out of context illicited a pavlovian response from the left about how evil America is. A picture of a middle eastern child waving an American flag also seemed to illicit the same pavlovian response.

No wonder McG hears bells ringing. Probably a tintintabulation.

McG - when you publicly post a picture or a comment out of context, what do you think you're doing? You're just making your own opinion plain, and abstracting only that which you want to hear and see. And you are greatly underestimating the intelligence and abilitity of other people.

Much like what the Bush babies did with this Iraq quagmire. (See? back to topic.) They took only the intel they wanted - which backed up their already held thoughts - and worked from there. And created circles and circles of lies. And now more and more information is escaping their circles of deceit. I do not expect instant revelations - Watergate took more than 3 years to get untangled enough so that the people finally understood.

But what is happening in Iraq is terrible and interesting. Obviously the US does not have everything under control. So far more and more is breaking down. And what is needed to fix things is a huge influx of personnel and money. Considering what the radicals have done to the economy and the budget, this is not forthcoming. Nor, I read, are new volunteers lining up at recruitment doors. And even more. Looks like we may soon be a coalition of one, since the brits are questioning not only the events and the lying, but the ethical conduct, and not many are leaping at the chance to join us.

At what point does a quagmire become a sinkhole?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:53 pm
Wow! You guys must have something to hide as upset as you are! I never even mention one of your names yet you got awful defensive...Are you sure there's not something you need to get off you chest?
0 Replies