Christain Ease...

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bartikus, The people that believe in the christian religion are full of conflct; first they tell us god gave us free will, then god will test us. That they can decipher all this conflict is beyond my imagination.

Do you not understand the difference between free-will and God testing you? You have the free-will to sin whenever you want and to good deeds whenever you want. The true test is when you're faced with a calamity and you remain steadfast.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:26 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
mesquite, You started a good list, but there are dozens more that we can think up.

I recently saw a baby with two heads on tv; I'm sure god has all the answers for that one!

It's to test their faith, any calamity someone faces is to test their faith. Will they remain steadfast or patient, or just give up on God and stray?

"Be sure we shall test you with fear and hunger, someloss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere." (Quran 2:155)

I think Raul that if people were to acknowledge the possibility of God...their question to this might be....who is God to test me? Who does God think he is?

Who is God to allow two headed children?

When you see a two headed child and look upon the parents you feel sorry for them and the child. How terrible it must be to be in such a position.

Never thinking that the parents and the child may be feeling pity for you.

He is you Creator and your Sustainor. He is the One that gave your eyesight and your hearing so that you could use your intellect, but unfortunately you do not. How can you question his motives when you do not know what He knows?

I try not to question him in such a way. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing and I put my trust in him.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:27 pm
Raul and Bart, you haven't even bothered to try and be relevent. Have a coffee or something. /Re-read the original post.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Yes, "free will" is a bunch of hooey. He's out to control your mind and soul. The most amazing part of all this is simply that no man can produce their god. Gods have been created by man since earliest times in man's history, going back centuries before christianity was even created.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bartikus, The people that believe in the christian religion are full of conflct; first they tell us god gave us free will, then god will test us. That they can decipher all this conflict is beyond my imagination.

When you see a two headed child...what do you think that says about God?

When you see an ungrateful, heedless human comparing his knowledge to God's knowledge - what does that tell you about him?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Do you not understand the difference between free-will and God testing you? You have the free-will to sin whenever you want and to good deeds whenever you want. The true test is when you're faced with a calamity and you remain steadfast.

Same example in the story of Job.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:29 pm
My "creator" was my father and mother. That's how most humans are reproduced. God is your imaginary creator; he didn't sleep with your mother.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:30 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

When you see a two headed child...what do you think that says about God?

When you see an ungrateful, heedless human comparing his knowledge to God's knowledge - what does that tell you about him?

To compare my knowledge to God's would be foolish on my part. I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:30 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yes, "free will" is a bunch of hooey. He's out to control your mind and soul. The most amazing part of all this is simply that no man can produce their god. Gods have been created by man since earliest times in man's history, going back centuries before christianity was even created.

It's because the soul only finds peace when remembering God.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:32 pm
Your soul is your brain. There is no separation between them; when you die, your brain dies, ergo, your soul.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
My "creator" was my father and mother. That's how most humans are reproduced. God is your imaginary creator; he didn't sleep with your mother.

Human can re produce. I'm not sure if that is the same as creation.

Who re produced the first people?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:34 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your soul is your brain. There is no separation between them; when you die, your brain dies, ergo, your soul.

This is based upon?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Then what's a poltergeist? A rogue brain. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:36 pm
Paleontologists and anthropoligists tell us we are all traced from the peoples of Africa, and are a branch of the primate family.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:37 pm
This is based on reality; what you propose in all in your brain without evidence.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:38 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Paleontologists and anthropoligists tell us we are all traced from the peoples of Africa, and are a branch of the primate family.

How brilliant - we're no better than that chimp at the zoo who simply relies on instict.

How did humans develop this unique and uncomparable brain we have?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:38 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is based upon your beliefs (which by some standards) you are now forcing upon those who do not believe as you do.

I don't see it that way. I think you are just sharing your beliefs. If I do the same....it's forcing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:40 pm
These are beliefs based on observable evidence. What you propse is based on "faith." I like to live in reality, not some mumbo jumbo magic.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:44 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
These are beliefs based on observable evidence. What you propse is based on "faith." I like to live in reality, not some mumbo jumbo magic.

You have evidence of this?

"Your soul is your brain. There is no separation between them; when you die, your brain dies, ergo, your soul."

What evidence is there that a soul is the brain?

Present your evidence otherwise you operate on.....faith.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:45 pm
Hephzibah's initial post on this thread makes more sense with each post by Bartikus.
0 Replies