Christain Ease...

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:46 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Paleontologists and anthropoligists tell us we are all traced from the peoples of Africa, and are a branch of the primate family.

How brilliant - we're no better than that chimp at the zoo who simply relies on instict.

True. We are no better.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:49 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Paleontologists and anthropoligists tell us we are all traced from the peoples of Africa, and are a branch of the primate family.

How brilliant - we're no better than that chimp at the zoo who simply relies on instict.

True. We are no better.

Better in some ways...not so much in other ways.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:53 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Hephzibah's initial post on this thread makes more sense with each post by Bartikus.

How so?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 03:22 pm
flushd wrote:
Raul and Bart, you haven't even bothered to try and be relevent. Have a coffee or something. /Re-read the original post.

Heph is hurt and I understand. My mother died very young from M.S.

She is trying to make sense of it all.

I think we all do at times. I don't believe the trials in life are in vain. One only needs to look at the life of Christ to see this.

For those who prefer...Martin Luther King, Muhatmu Ghandi.....etc.

One might say.."what good can come of all this"?

My answer is that at one time i could not see any benefit from my sufferings as a child. Then I was blind but now I can see.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 03:50 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Their devotion to that religion has to be absolute. If they question, they will readily see the sham, and will not have anything to replace it.

Unfortunately that devotion often entails shoving it on others as Raul has aptly demonstrated in this thread.

I'm not doing for this my enjoyment or to make it seem my religion is better than yours sort of debate. I'm doing it to save you from the fate you will face if you continue with your ignorance, this my job as a Muslim is to warn others. God does not need us to worship Him, He is free of all needs - it we who need Him, especially when there seems to be no escape from this cruel life. If He wanted he couldv'e made us all pious believers. But he gave us the ultimate choice. This is my duty though as God made me a Muslim and had shown me the right path, now it's my job to try and do the same to those who weren't as fortunate as I am. As it is God who guides his creations, you do not guide yourself - God guides onto the right path if He wills. This part of my contract as a Muslim and it is my job to fulfill it or else I will be accounted on it on the Day of Judgment.

Camel urine.

Did you already forget about posting this gem?

Raul-7 wrote:
God has already set a seal on their conscience. They will keep rejecting everything you try to convince them with when in reality it's the truth.

As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur). (Quran 2:6-7)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2365762#2365762
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 04:05 pm
Bartikus wrote:
What evidence is there that a soul is the brain?

Present your evidence otherwise you operate on.....faith.

What you perceive to be your soul, (your personality) is a biological construct. It is easily modified by drugs, injury or disease.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:10 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
There are many factors in praying for someone that can't be taken into account. For example, cleanliness, the method, the inner desire, etc. - all these are abstract.

And was mentioned before, no prayer is accepted without salat (worship). If I don't pray my 5 daily prayers and ask day and night for forgiveness or for anything, it will never be answered untill I pray. No good deeds are taken into account without salat (worship). There was an example, even if someone donates as much gold as Gabil Ahoud (the larger mountain Pilgrims use during Hajj) everyday but does not pray, God will not accept a single ounce of it. Salat is essential to faith.

This post got me thinking....

Do Christians believe that their god answers Muslim's prayers (in a favorable way, not the "He says No" way)?

Do Christians believe that their god answers Satanist's prayers?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:40 pm
Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your soul is your brain. There is no separation between them; when you die, your brain dies, ergo, your soul.

This is based upon your beliefs (which by some standards) you are now forcing upon those who do not believe as you do.

I don't see it that way. I think you are just sharing your beliefs. If I do the same....it's forcing.

Yes, it is. It's all you can do to force your beliefs on others (with fear, guilt, and trickery) because you have no other way to get them to buy what you're selling. There is no good reason to believe.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:37 pm
echi wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your soul is your brain. There is no separation between them; when you die, your brain dies, ergo, your soul.

This is based upon your beliefs (which by some standards) you are now forcing upon those who do not believe as you do.

I don't see it that way. I think you are just sharing your beliefs. If I do the same....it's forcing.

Yes, it is. It's all you can do to force your beliefs on others (with fear, guilt, and trickery) because you have no other way to get them to buy what you're selling. There is no good reason to believe.

That's what you think, but you're just misguided as the rest of them. Your arrogance and your dellusion of this life have gotten the best of you. You believe you're self-sufficient, yet if God wanted he couldv'e made you on the verge of death everyday fighting just to get a scrap of food to eat. Whenever you see His signs, you deny them and come up with some theory to satisfy your dellusion of this World. No one is forcing you into anything, we are just showing you the truth. Oh, if only you knew what was coming to you - maybe you wouldn't have been so heedless and arrogant.

Those who took their religion as a diversion and a game, and were deluded by the life of the world. Today We will forget them just as they forgot the encounter of this Day and denied Our Signs. (Surat al-A'raf: 51)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:51 pm
Raul wrote: "...yet if God wanted he couldv'e made you on the verge of death everyday fighting just to get a scrap of food to eat."

They talk about "the love of god" in one breadth, then talk about a vindictive god in the next. These people really believe this crap; that's scary! You just can't win.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:53 pm
Will somebody please inform Raul there are millions of innocent chlidren starving on this planet today - even some in the good 'ole US of A?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Will somebody please inform Raul there are millions of innocent chlidren starving on this planet today - even some in the good 'ole US of A?

Well why don't you pay zakat (charity) or convince everyone around the world who hasn't, to do so? If everyone paid just 2.5% of their income every year (which is obligitory on every Muslim) in the cause of charity then there would be no starving people. If you give in the way of God (which is to the needy, homeless, orphans, etc.) then he will increase his bounties upon you.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:17 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
There are many factors in praying for someone that can't be taken into account. For example, cleanliness, the method, the inner desire, etc. - all these are abstract.

I believe you've got something there Raul. Focusing on cleanliness for just a second....that alone can be very complicated for a muslim. 'Tis a wonder to me that they ever get it right enough to have one considered. Wudhu how to[/u]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:42 pm
So, Raul, is that god's answer to feed the starving? On which planet do you live?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:57 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
echi wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's what you think, but you're just misguided as the rest of them. Your arrogance and your dellusion of this life have gotten the best of you. You believe you're self-sufficient, yet if God wanted he couldv'e made you on the verge of death everyday fighting just to get a scrap of food to eat. Whenever you see His signs, you deny them and come up with some theory to satisfy your dellusion of this World. No one is forcing you into anything, we are just showing you the truth. Oh, if only you knew what was coming to you - maybe you wouldn't have been so heedless and arrogant.
That's what you think, but you're just misguided as the rest of them. Your arrogance and your delusion of "the next life" have gotten the best of you. Your ego is terrified of death, so you dedicate as much of yourself as you can bear to "the next life". Whenever you lose track you feel bad about yourself (it helps cover up the fear), and you're afraid you may have offended God so you pray to God, as sincerely as you can, so that He knows how sorry you are and how much you love Him and how devoted you are to Him, thereby re-establishing your delusion. You want to believe that you have the truth because you've heard it's highly regarded. Oh, if only you truly had it, then you could give it to me instead of your judgment.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:31 pm
mesquite wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:

I believe you've got something there Raul. Focusing on cleanliness for just a second....that alone can be very complicated for a muslim. 'Tis a wonder to me that they ever get it right enough to have one considered. Wudhu how to[/u]

Yes, and what's wrong with it? Wudhu is the process of cleaning for prayer or reading Quran. Those 8 steps ensure you are clean, how else do you want them to purify themselves - to have a shower whenever they want to pray?

There are other factors to cleanliness, for example - everyone must clean their private parts after answering the call of nature with water.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
So, Raul, is that god's answer to feed the starving? On which planet do you live?

Yes it is the answer. What other solutions do you prupose? Surely you can't rely solely on Bill Gates to make all the donations for all of us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:46 pm
Oh, I was of the mistaken idea that all you had to do was pray.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:33 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Yes, and what's wrong with it? Wudhu is the process of cleaning for prayer or reading Quran. Those 8 steps ensure you are clean, how else do you want them to purify themselves - to have a shower whenever they want to pray?
I didn't think I said there was anything wrong with it, but since you asked it looks to be high on ritual and low on function. It looks more like something someone with OCD would dream up rather than a deity.

Raul-7 wrote:
There are other factors to cleanliness, for example - everyone must clean their private parts after answering the call of nature with water.

Yes, I am aware of that, best to use three stones, clods etc. For those that have not seen this before, here is a quick course. Rules for using the lavatory[/u]
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 12:54 am
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Well why don't you pay zakat (charity) or convince everyone around the world who hasn't, to do so? If everyone paid just 2.5% of their income every year (which is obligitory on every Muslim) in the cause of charity then there would be no starving people. If you give in the way of God (which is to the needy, homeless, orphans, etc.) then he will increase his bounties upon you.

Reminds me of the story of a man who asked God why he won't send someone to help this world and those who suffer.

God says I did....I sent you.
0 Replies