Christain Ease...

Raul-7

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 05:59 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's not proof in any sense of the word. PROOF - (evidence) demonstration, verification, case, reasons, exhibits, credentials, data, warrant, confirmation, substantiation....

Well it is proof, the tree branches formed the words 'There is No God but Allah'. What, do you want the trees to say it too?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
You've lost it by claiming "...the tree said..." In your world, how often do you hear voices when nobody is there?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 07:01 pm
After reading what you Heph and flushd had to say....I can understand a bit better why my words could have added insult to injury.

Some pain and grief is beyond what words alone could remedy.

Getting a hug would have probably been better than letting my mouth run right Heph...flushd?

I would hug you both right now. I'm going through some things as well Heph and I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm just trying to hold on...you know what I mean!?

You probably do. I did'nt want to hurt you either.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 07:15 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
You've lost it by claiming "...the tree said..." In your world, how often do you hear voices when nobody is there?

I missed the part where Raul claimed "the tree said" as in verbally.

Who has lost it? You too?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 08:50 pm
10. It's because they have no fear of God and are hypocrites. A true believers lives by the example, act with the thought that God sees and knows everything you do, although you can't see Him, He can see you. It's like when it was forbidden to drink and commit adultery, yet that is widespread in the US.

That's the whole reason God sent down the Quran, as whenever He previously sent down a scripture (ie. Torah, Gospel) people used to rewrite them and sell them to make money, claiming it was the word of God - thus leading people to stray off the right path. Then he sent down the last scripture, the Quran and vowed that it would remain unchanged until the Day of Judgement and it has.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 10:45 pm
Bartikus wrote:
After reading what you Heph and flushd had to say....I can understand a bit better why my words could have added insult to injury.

Some pain and grief is beyond what words alone could remedy.

Getting a hug would have probably been better than letting my mouth run right Heph...flushd?

I would hug you both right now. I'm going through some things as well Heph and I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm just trying to hold on...you know what I mean!?

You probably do. I did'nt want to hurt you either.

Good Bartikus. I am glad to hear that you understand better. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through some things too. Sometimes we just have to take life one day at a time. One moment at a time. And do our best not to burn all our bridges in the process. Hang in there though. If there's one thing I've learned about life it's that it doesn't always suck, even though it may for a while. It does get better eventually. However, how soon sometimes depends directly on our attitude towards the things that are happening in our life. We're here if you need to talk. I've found much strength and comfort through the support I have found here at A2K. Don't be afraid to open up. There are people here who care.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 11:15 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's not proof in any sense of the word. PROOF - (evidence) demonstration, verification, case, reasons, exhibits, credentials, data, warrant, confirmation, substantiation....

Well it is proof, the tree branches formed the words 'There is No God but Allah'. What, do you want the trees to say it too?

Raul, why didn't you post the whole picture. The trees on the left side say Muhammad was his messenger. Isn't that even more miraculous, or should we say ridiculous since the picture is not a photograph, but rather an oil painting.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/german_farmland.jpg

Faith Freedom[/u]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 11:21 pm
The brain is a wonderous thing: it perceives things the way we wish them to be, not what they really are.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 12:06 am
From the Faith Freedom website posted above

Quote:
But the poor Muslims have to convince themselves that Islam is indeed the religion of God and Allah is God. For that they have to fool themselves. They desperately try to manufacture miracles and find "signs" of Allah in the most bizarre things and genuinely they fall for it. In the absence of logic they content themselves with magic and childish tricks. The miracle indeed is not the Quran but the fact that 1.2 billion people read this nonsense and do not realize that it is a hoax .

If you replace Muslim with Christian, Allah with Christ, Quran with Bible, 1.2 billion with 1 billion, the entire paragraph still makes sense.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 01:18 am
mesquite wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Raul, why didn't you post the whole picture. The trees on the left side say Muhammad was his messenger. Isn't that even more miraculous, or should we say ridiculous since the picture is not a photograph, but rather an oil painting.

Yeah, I'm sure the author of that site is credible. All he is trying to do is to mock Islam (being a convert himself), such as the praying tree - there's nothing to disprove it isn't true. Or for example the bee-hive; you can see how he used MS Paint to write that. Disprove it from some credible person who actually has real evidence to back up his claims, not some convert who has a grudge against Islam.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 03:50 am
maporsche wrote:
From the Faith Freedom website posted above

Quote:
But the poor Muslims have to convince themselves that Islam is indeed the religion of God and Allah is God. For that they have to fool themselves. They desperately try to manufacture miracles and find "signs" of Allah in the most bizarre things and genuinely they fall for it. In the absence of logic they content themselves with magic and childish tricks. The miracle indeed is not the Quran but the fact that 1.2 billion people read this nonsense and do not realize that it is a hoax .

If you replace Muslim with Christian, Allah with Christ, Quran with Bible, 1.2 billion with 1 billion, the entire paragraph still makes sense.

Read Ci's previous comment before this one.

"The brain is a wonderous thing: it perceives things the way we wish them to be, not what they really are."

Maybe he just mean't Muslim and Christian brains though.

Did you notice the article stating as FACT that 1.2 billion people do not realize the hoaxes? How could they know that as fact? That "fact" is a hoax. People can be so desperate to manufacture "facts" and many genuinely fall for it.

I guess the brain thing applies to others as well. That entire paragraph would make sense to you and many others no doubt.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:59 am
Bartikus wrote:

"The brain is a wonderous thing: it perceives things the way we wish them to be, not what they really are."

Maybe he just mean't Muslim and Christian brains though.

Nope, I'm sure he meant all religions too. It's just worthless to constantly show how Buddism, Taoism, Judiasm, Jaoism, etc are false because they have such a small following. The real threats in this world are the Theories of Christianity and Islam, so much attention is focused there.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 09:27 am
Re: Christain Ease...
hephzibah wrote:
Good morning everyone. Smile I finally found a few spare minutes to start this thread I've been thinking about the last few days. It's about "christian ease". What I mean specifically is the christian language. It's similar to english, however entangled with a few misconceptions I believe.

Here's the scenario:

My real father has been diagnoses as a level four cancer patient.

My step father was told yesterday that the 3 1/2 inch lump on his lung is probably cancer.

I was thinking about this and I suddenly began to feel guilty. Like this is my fault.

Why? You ask. Well let me tell ya. Smile

Because "christian beliefs" say that God only "protects" you and yours as long as you serve Him and do things His way. Otherwise the "enemy" has a "legal right" to do whatever he wants to us. Therefore, "logically" speaking (according to christian beliefs that is) it could be considered my fault both my fathers are going through this because I no longer serve God, therefore He is under no obligation to protect me or anyone in my family. Satan has taken over my family. Shocked

Hummm.

Is it just me or does that really sound as ridiculous as I think it does?

So why then? Why should I feel guilty? Why would this "God" even put me in a position to struggle with feeling guilty like this if He is all loving, all knowing, all whatever?

I thought His love was unconditional.

Looking at this sure does make His love look conditional to me though. Cool

Ya'll have a nice day now... ya hear? :wink:

Well the problem with this, is that most people do not understand that God the Creator is pretty much objective.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 09:39 am
Mindonfire wrote:
Well the problem with this, is that most people do not understand that God the Creator is pretty much objective.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 12:38 pm
He can arrive at the conclusion, because "The brain is a wonderous thing: it perceives things the way we wish them to be, not what they really are."
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:32 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
The brain is a wonderous thing: it perceives things the way we wish them to be, not what they really are.

Does this refer to your brain also, or just the brain of those you disagree with?

If it refers to everyone's brain, then obviously your perceptions are just as faulty as those you are arguing against, correct?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:41 pm
Then if these two religion are faulty, illogical, etc. then why are they the two major religions in this World and are spreading? Why? Is everyone that stupid - according to your logic?

Before religion or Islam; fathers used to bury their daughters alive in shame, ; theft, adultery, cheating-goods (adding water to milk, etc.), oppression were all widespread. This why the scriptures were sent down from God, to guide people from their previous ignorance onto the right path.

We have only sent down the Book to you so that you can make clear to them the things about which they differ, and as a guidance and a mercy to people who believe. (Qur'an, 16:64)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:44 pm
I'm talking about perceptions in general. I'm probably guilty of perceiving things in a way that's biased too. Are you happy?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:51 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Then if these two religion are faulty, illogical, etc. then why are they the two major religions in this World and are spreading?
Probably because they are the most aggressive (esp. those Mormon kids).

Quote:
Before religion or Islam; fathers used to bury their daughters alive in shame, ; theft, adultery, cheating-goods (adding water to milk, etc.), oppression were all widespread. This why the scriptures were sent down from God, to guide people from their previous ignorance onto the right path.
All of this continues to happen.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:52 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Good morning everyone. Smile I finally found a few spare minutes to start this thread I've been thinking about the last few days. It's about "christian ease". What I mean specifically is the christian language. It's similar to english, however entangled with a few misconceptions I believe.

Here's the scenario:

My real father has been diagnoses as a level four cancer patient.

My step father was told yesterday that the 3 1/2 inch lump on his lung is probably cancer.

I was thinking about this and I suddenly began to feel guilty. Like this is my fault.

Why? You ask. Well let me tell ya. Smile

Because "christian beliefs" say that God only "protects" you and yours as long as you serve Him and do things His way. Otherwise the "enemy" has a "legal right" to do whatever he wants to us. Therefore, "logically" speaking (according to christian beliefs that is) it could be considered my fault both my fathers are going through this because I no longer serve God, therefore He is under no obligation to protect me or anyone in my family. Satan has taken over my family. Shocked

Hummm.

Is it just me or does that really sound as ridiculous as I think it does?

So why then? Why should I feel guilty? Why would this "God" even put me in a position to struggle with feeling guilty like this if He is all loving, all knowing, all whatever?

I thought His love was unconditional.

Looking at this sure does make His love look conditional to me though. Cool

Ya'll have a nice day now... ya hear? :wink:

Well the problem with this is that you don't understand that not everyone views "God" the way you do mindonfire.
0 Replies