John Kerry - what a dork

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:10 pm
RexRed wrote:
nimh wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
It's obvious that Kerry made a gaffe. That's why he is a dork. [..]

Kerry got caught with his foot in his mouth. It happens. It also happens to a lot of other people and the reactions are almost always the same. Those that agree with the gaffer defend the actions and make excuses while those opposed make it into a grand scale event.

Personally, I don't believe for a minute that Kerry was calling our troops idiots or that people that join the military are dumber then those that don't. He didn't get to his position in life with that kind of thinking.

I would ask only one thing though as a result of this whole thing. For the liberals to remember this event and how stupid the reaction from the right has been. It's a refelction of your reaction to gaffes from the other side.

Well if I was right to say that was the first time I agreed with you, I gotta say, this is the second time. Wise words, even.

Twist this nasty comment around of Kerry's and blame it on the right?

Twist the war on terror around and blame it on America?

The left is the epitome of twisted evil. Twisted Evil

Are you calling McGentrix part of the left??

Now that'd be something..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:25 pm
kerry... stupid f*cked up remark... not because he meant to diss our servicemen but because he screwed up the joke.

bush.... stupid f*cked up presidency....

I'll take door number one Monty......
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:41 pm
Re: John Kerry - what a dork
McGentrix wrote:
Remember, most of you voted for him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

This is one video every single American should see - over and over and over again.

(Oh, yeah, this is post 12345... yay!)

He was refering to George W. Bush, Einstein.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:01 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
You could almost swear the Democrats are on Al Queda's payroll. Sure seems that way.

I mean, come on. What an **** thing to say.

Cycloptichorn

Wake up and smell the special interest.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kerry... stupid f*cked up remark... not because he meant to diss our servicemen but because he screwed up the joke.

bush.... stupid f*cked up presidency....

I'll take door number one Monty......

Congratulations! You just won a whole farm yard full of asses. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:34 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
You could almost swear the Democrats are on Al Queda's payroll. Sure seems that way.

I mean, come on. What an **** thing to say.

Cycloptichorn

Why? That is my perception, and has been for a long time. If you want fair and balanced, then W seems to be in Vincente Fox's payroll as well.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/john-kerry-plays-soccer.jpg

Kerry an embarrassment
By Boston Herald editorial staff
Wednesday, November 1, 2006 - Updated: 04:35 AM EST

Memo to John Kerry: The best defense isn't a good offense.

As he stumped for California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides at Pasadena City College Monday, the junior senator from Massachusetts said the following:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

The remark, which first aired on a California TV station (with friends like Kerry, Angelides might as well pack it in now) was offensive beyond belief, not to mention simply wrong.

Kerry should have taken the advice of his one-time friend, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) who yesterday said Kerry "owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education."

An apology would have been the way to go, but sometimes Kerry just can't help himself. And so he issued one of his very special non-denial denials saying, "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did."

Huh? The film clip, now up on YouTube, speaks for itself.

The real shame is that while John Kerry stumps around the country, building up chits for his own possible presidential campaign rerun, he still has that D-Mass. after his name. And that's an embarrassment to the good people of this state who sent him to the U.S. Senate.

BostonHerald
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:13 am
The problem with Kerry's comments is that they can too easily be interpreted to mean exactly what most people have taken them to mean, ie that if you don't study you end up in the military. He claims (and I believe him) that he was referring to Bush and his getting America "stuck" in Iraq. The uproar is simply because Kerry did not make his meaning plain.

When you spend a majority of your time attacking someone else instead of telling us what you will do, you tend to slip up sometimes. If Kerry would lay off trying to be cute in coming up with ways to denigrate Bush and talk about what democrats are going to do he wouldn't be as apt to find himself in the flap he is in now. I also think his tirade to explain his remarks came off as repulsive to me. He points his finger at half of all Americans and says that the reason for the misunderstanding is our fault? Or the fault of Bush? Or Limbaugh's fault? Anyone but his fault for not making his meaning plain.

Yeah, if he had any chance of getting the dem nomination again, the last couple of days has blown it for him. He might as well slink back to Mass. and hope his constituents understood his real meaning.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:14 am
"DES MOINES, Iowa A Democratic Congressional candidate from Iowa is canceling a campaign event later this week with Senator John Kerry.

Brucy Braley says Kerry's recent comments about the Iraq war were inappropriate.

Braley is running against Republican Mike Whalen in Iowa's First District congressional race. It's a contest considered to be one of the most competitive House races in the country.

Braley's decision to distance himself from Kerry came as a furor grew from comments Kerry made about the Iraq War during a campaign stop in California on Monday.

Kerry said if you make the most of your education, you "can do well." The Democrat went on to say that is you don't, (quote) "you get stuck in Iraq."

The remarks prompted sharp criticism from some Republicans, including President Bush and Arizona Senator John McCain.

Kerry refused to apologize."

Kerry is weak. Kerry is not an honorable person. Kerry is the joke.

An honorable man would stand up and apologize for being unable to speak clearly then explain what he really meant.

However, he is the typical scumbag politician who hides behind HIS statements then blames everyone else for his inability to speak clearly.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:38 am
NickFun wrote:
Michael Moore attempted to show the complete idiocy of George W. Bush in all it's raging glory but people STILL voted for him! The Republicans have been embroiled in myriad sex scandals and hypocrisy yet people STILL vote for them! I guess there's just no understanding Joe voters mind, eh McG?

A)Michael Moore is an idiot and I give him about as much credibility as Rush Limbaugh. Neither one is particularly sane. Moore doctors films to suit his agenda and Limbaugh...well, he's a strange entity all of his own right and as of yet can't be explained.
B)Scandal is on both sides of the aisle; the 'publicans don't hold sole ownership of it. Look at Menendez in Jersey and Hevesi in New York State at this moment in time...both Democrats, both running for re-election, both egotistical twits. Hevesi however is also a clear disgrace. If votes are only cast for the pure and scandal free, Bill Clinton never would have made it to the White House.
C)Hypocrisy is also on both sides of the aisle.
D)Michael Moore is an idiot (needed to be repeated)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:49 am
Sturgis wrote:
D)Michael Moore is an idiot (needed to be repeated)

QFT
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:00 am
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we,"

Who said that? Want more? What a bunch of whining, desperate, hypocritical losers!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:04 am
"This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:07 am
I would assume John Kerry said those things since this discussion is about John Kerry.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:09 am
Although it may have been Pogo...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:13 am
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
SierraSong wrote:
Kerry an embarrassment

So what else is new.

CoastalRat wrote:
Yeah, if he had any chance of getting the dem nomination again

He didnt. Not a chance in hell.

CoastalRat wrote:
The problem with Kerry's comments is that they can too easily be interpreted to mean exactly what most people have taken them to mean, ie that if you don't study you end up in the military. He claims (and I believe him) that he was referring to Bush and his getting America "stuck" in Iraq. The uproar is simply because Kerry did not make his meaning plain.

That is true, but at the same time he was right in his angry retort too. Yes, the problem with his comments is that they could too easily be interpreted to mean a slight to the soldiers. But even rightwingers like McGentrix and yourself actually also recognized that that wasnt in fact what he meant. Anyone who did misunderstand, could hear Kerry say look it but thats not what I meant at all, and think, well then he's an ass for being so unclear, and thats it. End of story.

The whole indignation that he should now formally apologise to all the soldiers who serve or served in Iraq, for a slight he was never making in the first place because he effed up in saying what he wanted to say to a group of students, is just politicized shite. He is right when he says that this is one of those prefabricated outrages - yes, he stumbled over his words and what he intended to say came out all wrong, so, what else is new, and? If you're the listener, you realise he simply f*cked his words up and thats it, you consider him the pompous ass he is, or you forgive him, over. I mean, for Chrissakes, he's not even actually standing in any election!

Anything beyond that - including the high-pitched demands for apologies and attacks about how Kerry has revealed himself to hate the soldiers - are just politicized making of hay, and thats the totally typical part. The indignation on the part of all those who are now raving on about it on TV and radio - the Republican pols, the Fox talk show hosts - is so utterly fake, and thats what gets to me - they know he merely slipped up too, they're not less intelligent than you or McG. But they wont ever tell their listeners, and instead try to make it into a huge fuss - when it has NO practical relevance to the lives of any American, none, and Kerry is not standing for any election this November.

In these last election weeks, the Republicans have been getting hammered on a range of actual issues that affect Americans' lives, from the way the war in Iraq is conducted to the Bush admin spending like a drunken sailor to the jobless economic growth to endemic corruption on Capitol Hill to god knows what else - so what do they come up with instead? A push to fill the airways for the last few days with indignation about how a former Presidential candidate who holds no significance for the Democratic future and isnt taken seriously by half his own party appeared to say something that he didnt actually want to say or literally say but that, if he had said it like it sounded for a moment, would have been really offensive. Jesus. I'd say it smelled like desperation werent it for the fact that I think it might actually work.

This is so typical - Americans are faced with a sleigh of relevant issues, and instead of even trying to defend their own positions on them, the Republican agitproppers lurch onto some embarassing rhetorical detail to try to consume all the media oxygen with that instead. Not having credible, popular answers on any of the actual issues, they grasp for some politically irrelevant personal flaw and try to make that into some big symbolic values thing, and have that determine people's vote instead. From swiftboaters to Ford's Playboy party, they are the masters of irrelevant sidelining of the debate.

How does that serve the interest of Americans? It doesnt. Its just baiting. (Bait-and-switch?). I can only hope that this time, that wont work anymore, that people wont let themselves be distracted from the issues that determine their lives to some whipped-up frenzy about some stupid but irrelevant eff-up anymore.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:17 am
woiyo wrote:
However, he is the typical scumbag politician who hides behind HIS statements then blames everyone else for his inability to speak clearly.

Pretty much exactly. But we knew that already about Kerry, and he's not standing for election now. Considering it's just a case of your "typical scumbag politician" hiding and blaming on his own eff-ups, it deserved about exactly 10 minutes of all our time. Anything beyond that is typical scumbag politicking itself.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:20 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Which is actually a true statement. Nobody knows for sure what the future will hold or how it will be viewed some years hence by historians. As for not knowing until long after you're gone, that is the beauty of reincarnation and Shirley MacLaine experiences...seeing how your past is now viewed. (or is 'that now viewed in the future of the past in the present'?)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:21 am
"Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
0 Replies