Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 02:32 pm
sorry. link here http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1938434,00.html

Read it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:47 pm
blatham wrote:
McG

I don't think we are going to get anywhere.

That's because you want to speak about hypotheticals and secret organizations planning to take over the world. It's almost like I am having a discussion with bluflame.

I asked a question in my last post regarding Bush's statement. Can you refute any of the points Bush made in his description of the 3 countries he has described as the "axis of evil"?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
Quote:

That's because you want to speak about hypotheticals and secret organizations planning to take over the world. It's almost like I am having a discussion with bluflame.

The PNAC is not a secret organization, it is well-documented and has clearly outlined objectives. The fact that you can't be bothered to research the motivations of your party leaders doesn't make them any less relevant to the discussion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:55 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

The PNAC is not a secret organization, it is well-documented and has clearly outlined objectives. The fact that you can't be bothered to research the motivations of your party leaders doesn't make them any less relevant to the discussion.

Cycloptichorn

In the context Blatham was using, it sounds suspiciously like the illuminati instead of a political organization with an agenda.

A plan does not a government make Cycloptichorn and as long as we have free elections we are guaranteed a government of, by and for the people. That you, or Blatham don't care for it is just TS.

Blatham wants to turn this into some debate about oil instead of staying to the topic of the thread which is the "axis of evil" statement by George Bush.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
Quote:
I asked a question in my last post regarding Bush's statement. Can you refute any of the points Bush made in his description of the 3 countries he has described as the "axis of evil"?

The problem is, or one central problem is, that I have been telling you from post # 1 that the framing of this question is so misleading and inexact and bound up with emotive language that is is functionally useless.

You really do need to bone up on the Project For An American Century, who was involved, and what they've written.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 04:00 pm
blatham wrote:
Quote:

The problem is, or one central problem is, that I have been telling you from post # 1 that the framing of this question is so misleading and inexact and bound up with emotive language that is is functionally useless.

You really do need to bone up on the Project For An American Century, who was involved, and what they've written.

I have and agree with most of it. As an outline, it makes some very good points for moving forward, but that is not the discussion to be had here.

You haven't answered my question though.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 04:48 pm
Myanmar is evil. Please refute.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 05:33 pm
pssst....re oil and this administration...
Quote:
Big Oil's 10 favorite Congress members Rank Candidate Office Amount given by oil and gas industry 1 Hutchison, Kay Bailey, R-Texas Senate $258,361 2 Burns, Conrad, R-Mont. Senate $188,775 3 Santorum, Rick, R-Pa. Senate $188,120 4 Bode, Denise, R-Okla. House $153,650 5 Allen, George, R-Va. Senate $148,600 6 Talent, James M., R-Mo. Senate $147,470 7 Cornyn, John, R-Texas Senate $142,750 8 Barton, Joe, R-Texas House $138,450 9 Hastert, Dennis, R-Ill. House $122,200 10 Pombo, Richard, R-Calif. House $121,340
linkj
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 05:43 pm
blatham wrote:
Myanmar is evil. Please refute.

You still haven't answered MY question, not speaking of the first question here Blatham, but the one I asked you on page 9.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 07:42 am
I can find no post from you on page 9. If it is the "refute" question again, I won't be bothering, for reasons given. If you remain unsure of what those reasons are, the exercise for you to engage so as to encourage understanding is for you to refute the claim that Myanmar is evil, or that South Africa is evil, or that blondes have more fun. You don't have to do it here, do it on paper while having breakfast.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 12:26 pm
You don't get off that easy Blatham. You keep repeating the same thing over and over and avoid answering a very simple question.

Bush didn't just have a press conference, come out and say "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Iran Iraq and North Korea are the axis of evil. Good night." and you don;t get to just say "Myanmar is evil. Please refute."

That's bullshit and you know it.

I was hoping to have an actuall discussion on A2K with someone, but I guess that's too much to ask as you don't seem capable of holding up your end of the conversation.

So, I consider this discussion closed due to lack of participation and willingness on your side. Pity, it was almost interesting.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 06:40 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

amen.

hey! when did you move to california ? if ya get down to l.a. we'll buy ya a beer...
0 Replies