When Does Life Begin?

Intrepid

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:38 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
You aren't willing to put your credentials out there and I wonder why? Rolling Eyes

T
K
O

I made no claims that require credentials. You did.

Arguments regarding abortion have gone on forever on several different threads. Nothing has changed....Nothing will change.

I am finding this whole episode a complete and utter waste of time.

The topic of when life begins has digressed so much that the original thoughts of the author now seem to be lost.

I will probably now start a thread on the merits of using the built in SpellCheck as provided by A2K for the benefit of those who cannot spell on their own. Correct spelling does assist readers to better understand what is being written.

We wouldn't want to misinterpret anything on a topic as important as abortion or anything else.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 09:15 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I made no claims that require credentials. You did.

What about any of my claims REQUIRE my credentials? None of my claims REQUIRE my credentials, but I give them to better qualify my argument.

I honestly don't care what your credentials are. I don't care that is until you want to critisize mine. Unless you're willing to go under the same degree of critisism, don't bother.

I'd like to point out how you chose not to reply to the fact that you said you asked a question, but when faced with your own post, no question was present. Rolling Eyes

If back pedaling was a sport, I'm sure you'd be able to ride your bicycle faster backwards than Lance Armstrong can forwards. I'd buy a Trepy armband.

"Notstrong"

T
K
O
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:35 pm
Chumly wrote:
The cool thing about A2K is that a poster can be judged by the logicality and rationalism of the post in question and not on the logical fallacy called "appeal to authority"...........

Do you only do that on A2K?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:54 pm
No.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:15 pm
Intrepid wrote-

Quote:
I am finding this whole episode a complete and utter waste of time.

Have you not considered the possibilty that someone who is thinking of having an abortion, or might in the future be considering it, may be reading this thread.

The subject is not an abstract one and has nothing to do with you wasting time or winning an argument. You have the cart before the horse.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:40 pm
If a pregnant woman is reading this thread here is what she'll see.

Prochoice - legal precidence and understanding

Prolife - judgement and a generalization about their circumstances

So if a pregnant woman is reading this, and wondering what to do, know that there are alternatives, but ultimately the choice is yours. Damn those who think they can control your body and your future. If you are pregnant, and are thinking of having an abortion, my opinion is that you should not prolong the desicion too long because the longer you wait the more invasive the procedure will become. Good luck finding the help you need. If you plan to keep the child, remember that there may be local resources to help you after birth. Some communities are more supporting than others however, so options may be limited. As for leaving your child for adoption, try and find a parent beforehand and don't just leave a child at a hospitol. If the child has any sort of health issue later in life, they may want to know some things about your health history. It's better to be proactive about this.

T
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:59 pm
Fact of the matter is that prolifers have no say in what a woman decides. They may cry bloody murder and "it's a life," but they will not take the next step to intercede in any pregnancy. They're a bunch of wumps with no sense of reality. How many abortions do they think occurs every day?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 04:34 pm
It's 48,589,993 since Roe Wade in 1973.

And 1.6 million in 1990.

You can easily work out an estimate of the daily rate.

If I was a pregnant woman I would take no notice of "legal precidence (sic) and understanding." (I think precedent is meant.)

They are cliches bandied about far too loosely. They sound good but they mean nothing.

I would take notice of nature and my feminine integrity. I would go into a workhouse to keep those pure. And if spendi knew you had had an abortion he wouldn't fancy you. But that's subjective I'll admit.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 04:47 pm
- An axiom due to its apparent certainty is regarded as an assertion not requiring proof.
- An aphorism expresses a general truth in a pithy sentence.
- This spendism expresses his Freudian longings for androgyny.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 06:37 pm
I must admit that I have often thought that I wouldn't mind having a go at being the recipient of the ministrations I was administering judging from the body language and sounds that were emitting.

Even in the pub I see them disporting and think to myself - I would give it a go if I got the chance. For an hour or two at least.

It must be good fun reaching down to check something in your handbag every 30 seconds and seeing all the toper's eyes pop out.

And there's all those silky knickers and garter belts to adjust. Black ones.

Can you fix it Chum? It's a waste of time as thing are. I look totally ridiculous when I wiggle my bottom. Really.

Actually, my favourite section in Ovid deals with the very subject. It's odd how the latest, highly publicised, edition of the original English translation excludes Book 1V.

Had you noticed that?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 10:46 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Fact of the matter is that prolifers have no say in what a woman decides. They may cry bloody murder and "it's a life," but they will not take the next step to intercede in any pregnancy. They're a bunch of wumps with no sense of reality. How many abortions do they think occurs every day?

What intercession are you speaking of?

Reality? The reality is that millions of living beings are being killed every year. Pro abortionists should take pride in this. After all, abortion is a right. Abortion is not a form of birth control. Abortion takes away responsibility.

Estimates say it would be over 3000 daily in the U.S. alone.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 10:55 pm
Intrepid: Reality? The reality is that millions of living beings are being killed every year.

Other than you prolifer's rhetoric about "millions of living beings are being killed," what have you done to change this? All rhetoric and no actioin is just hypocrisy.

Intrepid: Pro abortionists should take pride in this.

What in hell are you talking about? What makes you say we take pride in this, you moron?

Intrepid: After all, abortion is a right.

Yes, it's a legal right given to the woman. What rights has this taken away from you?

Intrepid: Abortion is not a form of birth control. Abortion takes away responsibility.

So, what have YOU done about this? Takes away responsibility from whom? You?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:00 pm
What have I done? It may be just a little, but I have taken in 3 children who are alive today.

Name calling will not further your cause. Unless you can prove that I am a moron, I will report your attack.

It is not about any rights being taken away from me personally. I may ask what rights it has given you personally.

Your last sentence is to lame to bother answering.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:23 pm
Intrepid wrote:
What have I done? It may be just a little, but I have taken in 3 children who are alive today.

Booly for you! What about all those other millions of children now living and starving?

Name calling will not further your cause. Unless you can prove that I am a moron, I will report your attack.

Your implication that we take pride in this shows how stupid you are. If you cahn't take it, quit.

It is not about any rights being taken away from me personally. I may ask what rights it has given you personally.

It doesn't gve me any rights, nor does it take away any. It's none of my business what a private woman does with her body.

You made a statement; now back it up with how the woman's personal responsiblity affects yoiu?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 11:28 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Booly for you! What about all those other millions of children now living and starving?

Your implication that we take pride in this shows how stupid you are. If you cahn't take it, quit.

It doesn't gve me any rights, nor does it take away any. It's none of my business what a private woman does with her body.

You made a statement; now back it up with how the woman's personal responsiblity affects yoiu?

You asked what I have done to help and I told you. You, in your belittling and small minded wayl make fun of it. You are a pathetic little man who never has anything to contribute other than to follow others like a little lost sheep.

If it's none of your business.....stay the hell out of it!

I'm too stupid to do this. Remember?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 01:26 am
I agree that it's no one's business what a woman does with her body.

HER body.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 01:53 am
spendius wrote:
I must admit that I have often thought that I wouldn't mind having a go at being the recipient of the ministrations I was administering judging from the body language and sounds that were emitting.

Even in the pub I see them disporting and think to myself - I would give it a go if I got the chance. For an hour or two at least.

It must be good fun reaching down to check something in your handbag every 30 seconds and seeing all the toper's eyes pop out.

And there's all those silky knickers and garter belts to adjust. Black ones.

Can you fix it Chum? It's a waste of time as thing are. I look totally ridiculous when I wiggle my bottom. Really.

Actually, my favourite section in Ovid deals with the very subject. It's odd how the latest, highly publicised, edition of the original English translation excludes Book 1V.

Had you noticed that?
Sadly I'm ignorant of anything Ovid so thanks for bringing his work to my attention. As an aside, I will say that if androgyny in the true physiological sense becomes available, the issue of fertilization and abortion will take a new and singular twist.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 09:36 am
Intrepid, Nobody belittles you except yourself. You want to claim some inherent responsibility about the fetus that you have no business doing. It's the woman's choice; not yours.

If you are really concerned about babies, do something constructive with those already living and starving. Actions speak louder than your poor excuse for your exporessed vocal morality about "life.".

You can't get it through your dull skull, but what a woman does with her body is none of your business.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 11:11 am
And you cannot be allowed to present that as a fundamental principle unless you can offer a response of your policy in the face of an organised mass fertility strike.

You can't hide behind things like "Oh it won't happen." If you do your principles are mere pragmatism and thus no principles at all.

Emperor Augustus tried to legislate against fertility resistance (something short of a strike but getting close). At least two of the well-known heresies which the Church crushed involved a fertility strike. Homosexuality is a fertility strike.

What is your response to a charismatic woman exploiting media calling for a mass fertility strike unless women's demands, which we all know are limitless, are met. And such a movement getting real momentum. On your principle expressed above you only have one answer to prevent society collapsing. Give in to the demands. We are ruling out rape and hypnotism which, as someone pointed out, is rape as well, as Ms Greer explained to her regiments of fans.

You claim to answer questions asked of you. Answer that. Principles apply to bridges we haven't reached yet. They are for all time and all circumstances.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 11:18 am
The fetus is a baby is nothing more than a cheap moralistic rhetoric that does nothing for the woman or baby. What responsibility do strangers have to a woman who is pregnanat? NONE. Thousands of abortions are performed every day. Cheap rhetoric about morality isn't going to stop it. Teach morals to your children where it counts. You have no business telling others how to live their lives. Morality is about the self; not others.

If you really wish to discuss morality, let's talk about our coalitioin forces killing thousands of innocent children in Iraq. That'll be a good start.
0 Replies