Who is the Humane Society of the United States?

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 01:57 pm
I'm not sure you've adequately drawn a distinction between welfare and rights as I had asked.

I also would question the accuracy of a claim made by any mainstream animal rights activists that animals should be granted the same rights as humans....rather, they would argue that there should be rights guaranteed to animals, other than the right to consume or be consumed.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 01:58 pm
cjhsa wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
Not to cast any doubts on your research abilities there cj, but given your demonstrated skill with selective excerpting, where are you pulling this information? Got any links?

Those are a collection of headlines and questions compiled by another hunter/activist. Even if I linked to them it wouldn't give you the detail you really think you must have. If I can provide it in the future, I will.

So, in other words, we really should just take you at your word-- or the word of this anonymous "hunter-activist". Fascinating method of argument.

And by fascinating I mean specious.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:04 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
Not to cast any doubts on your research abilities there cj, but given your demonstrated skill with selective excerpting, where are you pulling this information? Got any links?

Those are a collection of headlines and questions compiled by another hunter/activist. Even if I linked to them it wouldn't give you the detail you really think you must have. If I can provide it in the future, I will.

So, in other words, we really should just take you at your word-- or the word of this anonymous "hunter-activist". Fascinating method of argument.

And by fascinating I mean specious.

I'm still trying to decipher what exactly cj intended with that random post....nevermind the source of any of it.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:22 pm
It made little sense to me either, but then his emotions often seem to get in the way of his ability to communicate.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:56 pm
What kills my communication on A2K is the trolling and posting of innocuous crap to simply move the page boundaries.

I wish Craven & Co. would provide a way to make the pages longer, perhaps it is too big of a performance hit on their servers.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:06 pm
Well, that might be true except that you haven't really been able to construct a cogent argument regardless of whom you're addressing, IMO.

As I've said many times, I really don't care if a person hunts or not. But labeling an organization "terrorists" because they don't agree with your views on the subject is the height of absurd hysterics. Much like labeling people "trolls" for the same reason. It doesn't advance your cause and it makes you look like a raving nut job.

And by raving nut job, I mean incoherent lunatic.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
^ and there it is.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:42 pm
No, what kills your communiacation is your inability to do so in a logical and sensible manner.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 03:48 pm
You made a post 2 pages or so back that appeared to be a bunch of headlines, or statistics, or random comments. Upon the request for a link, none were provided.

I also asked for a clear distinction to be made between animal welfare and animal rights. To which you responded:
Sure, animals live by the rule of the wild, and have no laws other than eat or be eaten. Watch an orca or cat play with its food sometime and then repost your question.

Granting animals rights means they are equal to you and me and actually can and will abide by the laws humans write. In fact, this gives me the idea I've been looking for. Thanks.

If you are concerned with the flow of information, you must also be willing to provide us with smooth flowing information, not random thought patterns in print.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 04:05 pm
Stream-of-consciousness might work if you're Virginia Wolfe, but it doesn't function well as a debating tactic.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:41 pm
Oh, you were debating?

Funny what a bunch of creeps show up when you start talking about "animal rights". Who put the computer in the chimp pen?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:42 pm
Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and esthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:49 pm
Thanks Dys, that is EXACTLY the type of crap I hoped you or someone else would post. Enjoy your McNuggets.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:53 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Thanks Dys, that is EXACTLY the type of crap I hoped you or someone else would post. Enjoy your McNuggets.

I have almost all of my adult life raised, slaughtered and butchered my own beef, lamb and pork. I don't eat chicken nor do I accept your crap has having any validation whatsoever.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:56 pm
candidone1 wrote:
I'm not sure you've adequately drawn a distinction between welfare and rights as I had asked.

I also would question the accuracy of a claim made by any mainstream animal rights activists that animals should be granted the same rights as humans....rather, they would argue that there should be rights guaranteed to animals, other than the right to consume or be consumed.

*Ahem*

You excoriate others and criticize what they regard as "debate" yet all you can muster is deflection and name calling.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:58 pm
cjhsa wrote:
What kills my communication on A2K is the trolling and posting of innocuous crap to simply move the page boundaries.

I wish Craven & Co. would provide a way to make the pages longer, perhaps it is too big of a performance hit on their servers.

cjhsa wrote:
Oh, you were debating?

Funny what a bunch of creeps show up when you start talking about "animal rights". Who put the computer in the chimp pen?

Gotta hate it when somone kills your feel-good vibe.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:15 pm
Do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am-- a reluctant enthusiast...a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it is still there. So go out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, encounter the grizz, climb the mountains, and bag the peaks.... and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over your enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box... I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards as well as the sportsman.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:40 pm
Thanks, dys. Words to live by, for sure.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:34 am
But whose words?

If you are not willing to fight for your rights to hunt and fish, and just wander through the wilderness, you will find yourself lost, and without the means to supply your journey.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:49 am
Because the only way to wander through the wilderness and survive is by killing something...

Generations of hikers and backpackers will be stunned at the news that they didn't live to the end of their journeys.
0 Replies