Who is the Humane Society of the United States?

candidone1

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:38 am
It's not that cjhsa really wants a discussion. He wants areement or argument.
If you disagree, to him, you're a moron.
If you agree with him, to all others, you're the moron.

Quote:
Two Alberta teenagers have been charged with animal cruelty after a large dog was discovered bound with duct tape and bleeding.
The female dog was discovered late Saturday night in Didsbury, north of Calgary, by a passerby.
She had duct tape around her muzzle, front and rear legs, and had been beaten, Didsbury RCMP announced Wednesday.
The dog also had a tow rope around her neck and was likely dragged behind a vehicle for three blocks, said Cpl. Kevin Fischer.
When police arrived, the Labrador retriever-collie cross was wounded so severely, a veterinarian had to put her down.

Source

Quote:
A year after The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) first released its findings on animal cruelty statistics in America, teen offenders continue to have a significant presence among reported cases. The HSUS, as part of its annual Animal Cruelty/Human Violence Awareness Week, April 14-20, says there is an urgent need to reach children and teens, and teach them about the connection between cruelty to animals and violence to people.

Source

Perhaps the solution is more guns. Arm all the people and arm all the animals.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:44 am
Cj's next nightmare: Cows with guns.

http://www.cowswithguns.com/images/uzi.jpg

Better stock up on ammo!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:44 am
Not-Candid, HSUS uses "animal cruelty" as a disguise for their real inititiave, which is to ban hunting, which they consider "cruel".

The problem with those kids is bad parenting plain and simple. Bad parenting brought on by bad schooling provided by the government and augmented by the likes of HSUS.

Be a good parent - talk to your kids. Play with them. Take them hunting and fishing - teach them respect.

You can buy into that HSUS crap if you wish. Not me.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:51 am
So now the Humane Society is responsible for acts of animal cruelty?

Interesting logic.

And by interesting, I mean non-existent.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:59 am
Huh?

Maybe I see what you are reading into my statement, but for you to do so just points out your spin.

If you want to discuss that though, HSUS's little cousin, PETA, operates animal shelters, unlike HSUS. PETA's incompetence at doing so and the resultant death and discarding of dogs is well documented.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:06 am
"Bad parenting brought on by bad schooling provided by the government and augmented by the likes of HSUS."

Seems clear enough to me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:09 am
Well of course HSUS wants that **** to happen. It justifies their existence and masks their real agenda. When it does happen, they show up like Jesse Jackson at a photo op.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:22 am
That's like saying the insurance industry foments auto accidents because they make their money off the premiums.

Jeez, can you never pass up a chance to concoct a conspiracy where none exists?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:26 am
I don't see why hunting is so essential, nor do I understand why gun ownership is so critical to your existence.
Seems to me that gun culture and love of guns is far more harmful to civilized society than a desire to protect animals.
You can manipulate and misinterpret the facts, allude to exceptions, and not the rules, but I don't see eye to eye with you on this.

Just like it's unfair to paint all republicans as crooked, or all priests as pedophiles, it's unfair to use such a broad brush when characterizing animal rights groups. PETA has a lunatic fringe, as does the Humane Society I'm sure...but regardless of their tactics, it's their very existence that you abhor.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:28 am
I don't see why hunting is so essential, nor do I understand why gun ownership is so critical to your existence.
Seems to me that gun culture and love of guns is far more harmful to civilized society than a desire to protect animals.
You can manipulate and misinterpret the facts, allude to exceptions, and not the rules, but I don't see eye to eye with you on this.

Just like it's unfair to paint all republicans as crooked, or all priests as pedophiles, it's unfair to use such a broad brush when characterizing animal rights groups. PETA has a lunatic fringe, as does the Humane Society I'm sure...but regardless of their tactics, it's their very existence that you abhor.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:29 am
I don't have to concoct anything. This guy does it for me.

Wayne Pacelle

Biography
In 2004 Wayne Pacelle was named president of the world's richest animal-rights organization, the Humane Society of the United States. Pacelle, a strict vegan, joined HSUS in 1994 after working at the anti-hunting group the Fund for Animals for six years. There he helped Paul Watson and his violent Sea Shepherd Conservation Society raise money for ships, and assisted Alex Pacheco and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as they ran an undercover investigation of a primate research lab.
Pacelle's goal is to create "a National Rifle Association of the animal rights movement." He is in charge of HSUS's many ballot initiative campaigns, winning 17 of the 22 in which he has been involved. His biggest win was in Florida, where an initiative passed that gave constitutional rights to pregnant pigs. Florida farmers were banned from using "gestation crates." Many farmers killed their animals as a result and the pork industry in Florida is almost extinct. He plans campaigns against gestation crates in other states, and is already organizing in California and New Jersey.

At the 1996 HSUS annual meeting, Pacelle announced that the ballot initiative would be used for all manner of legislation in the future, including "companion animal issues and laboratory animal issues." These operations, he says, "pay dividends and serve as a training ground for activists." Pacelle's wife, Kirsten Rosenberg, works for Ark Trust, now the HSUS Hollywood office.

Background
President, Humane Society of the United States; former Executive Dir. & National Dir., the Fund For Animals; former president, Animal Rights Alliance; former chairman, Animal Rights Network Inc.; former editor, The Animals' Agenda magazine
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:35 am
Hmm. I see nothing in this obviously slanted bit of "information" that indicates participation in or advocacy of cruelty to animals.

Undoubtedly, you've seen it between the lines there somewhere.

And by seen, I mean made it up out of whole cloth to help justify your bizarre stance.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:36 am
Huh?

Go away troll.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:37 am
If they're organising against hunting, they're terrorists - its that simple.

(Apparently.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:39 am
Obviously BSTroll wants to play spin.

My comment about HSUS in schools is that our liberal and failing education system is allowing these creeps to teach our children in lieu of their parents, who are absent or don't care. I do care.

Spin that sucka.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:39 am
nimh wrote:
If they're organising against hunting, they're terrorists - its that simple.

(Apparently.)

They are now. Smile
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:40 am
I'm only pointing out the flaws in your logic, Sparky.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:43 am
By spinning it?

Nobody's perfect, but if you buy into the HSUS's line, you're a walking flaw.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:03 am
No, by examining your arguments and pointing out their specious nature. That you don't like your "logic"-- if we can call your fevered imaginings such-- analyzed too closely is understandable given your apparent inability to articulate a defense of them.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:16 am
Like Ann Coulter, cjhsa stakes out an extreme position, says outrageous things, and tries really hard to infuriate the left.

Although Coulter seems to be having a good time with her schtick, I sometimes think cjhsa may actually care deeply about his issues. Strange but true...
0 Replies