Who is the Humane Society of the United States?

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 11:28 am
Why would the Washington D.C. based HSUS pay a California consultant firm to collect votes in Michigan?

That's a real grass roots effort eh?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:01 pm
Unlike the inaptly named pro-hunting group Citizens for Wildlife Conservation, which receives support from the Virginia based NRA, the Ohio based US Sportsmen's Alliance and Arizona based Safari Club International.

Yep, I guess it just depends on whose ox and by whom they're getting gored...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:05 pm
Why not worry about the hunting in California dude?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:08 pm
CWC is a Michigan based organization and accepting money out of state organizations to battle well funded out of state interests seems fair enough to me.

I really would like to know what BS and others interests are in this Michigan issue?

But I already do. I just wish they would say it out loud.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:08 pm
Because I could give a rat's ass about hunting.

It's the aura of hysteria surrounding your support of the issue that I find intriguing.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:11 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Why not worry about the hunting in California dude?

Would you be so kind as to direct us to that thread?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:13 pm
Comon you two, stop beating around the bush, you don't hunt anyway...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:21 pm
I believe I've made my feelings on the issue of hunting clear on more than one occasion. I repeat, that's not the issue for me. What IS fascinating is the over-the-top emotional reaction you bring to the table on any issue involving guns or hunting.

Frankly, it's a bit alarming that someone with such an apparent inability to control his sense of indignation would own as many guns as you claim.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:25 pm
I think I'll go buy a couple more. OK BS?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:31 pm
HSUS came to Michigan and put a ballot proposal on the 2006 ballot to allow/deny dove hunting. CWC was formed in response to the ballot, not the other way around. This is HSUS' strategy to end all hunting, it is only the beginning, and it will intensify. Next will come the end of hunting the species we have managed through hunting and conservation for 100 years.

HSUS and anyone who talks about "animal rights" is out of their mind. Animals have the right to be cooked in butter and garlic and it ends there.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:33 pm
Hey, knock yourself out. Buy as many as the law allows. Or you can afford.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:38 pm
Why would the Washington D.C. based HSUS pay a California consultant firm to collect votes in Michigan?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:42 pm
How does one "collect" a vote?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:18 pm
Look what happens when liberals and anti-hunters get control of a state legislature and then staff the wildlife management units with their kind. In this case, Wisconsin (God help them):

WI DNR wanted 2:1 doe buck kill ratio currently 7:1. Overkill?

SAK audit put off past deadline for seasons. Deliberate manipulation?

Gun deer license sales down 20,000 from last year this time. Hunters being pushed away?

NRB wants review of statewide bait ban and further measures. Food plots and urine?

WWF wants statewide bait ban gun deer season. Former DNR secretary George Meyers measure?

DNR pays $875,000 not a misprint for .45 acres in Kenosha County. Misuse of Stewardship funds?

Current DNR secretary under suspicion of campaign fraud for nominating Governor/ Doyle. Elections Board investigating. Payback of favor?

24 of near 100 deer management units are not in EAB, CWD or, herd reduction units. With statewide meaures overharvest likely?

2,300 acres of privatley owned and leased land listed as public land. Tresspass issues rampant. DNR issues Appology. Private landownership under attack?

DNR planning to eliminate any form of manipulation of deer movement to prevent saliva deposits. Questionable science?

Anti hunter animal rights activist Patricia Randolph requesting NRB establish a non hunter board to make agendas and policy governing wildlife management and use. They are listening to her requests?

DNR requests 71 milion increase to budget. License fee increases?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:36 pm
cjhsa wrote:

HSUS and anyone who talks about "animal rights" is out of their mind. Animals have the right to be cooked in butter and garlic and it ends there.

In light of this latest gem then cj, I'd appreciate an honest response from this post here.

If animals have no rights, what's the difference between shooting one from a few hundred yards and dragging one to it's death behind Mom and Dad's SUV.
You stated that animal abuses like the ones I posted are the faults of families and school, but if animals have no rights, they have no rights independent of the kinds of harm caused to them or the intentions or mindset of the perpetrators of their deaths.

Your initial thesis was that the HSUS has an agenda that is contrary to their stated mission. That banning hunting is their real motive, not fair treatment of animals.

You have now traversed into the above unfortunate position--one who cares not about the animal in any capacity, rather in the utility they provide for man.
If they have no rights other than to serve the needs of man, then is not serving to entertain a few rednecks after a few beers utilitarian enough?

No amount of firepower and no amount of hillbilly rhetoric will mask the fact that you belong to a realy f*ucked up minority....one to which very few can relate to, much less tolerate listening to.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:37 pm
Not to cast any doubts on your research abilities there cj, but given your demonstrated skill with selective excerpting, where are you pulling this information? Got any links?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:50 pm
candidone1 wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

In light of this latest gem then cj, I'd appreciate an honest response from this post here.

If animals have no rights, what's the difference between shooting one from a few hundred yards and dragging one to it's death behind Mom and Dad's SUV.
You stated that animal abuses like the ones I posted are the faults of families and school, but if animals have no rights, they have no rights independent of the kinds of harm caused to them or the intentions or mindset of the perpetrators of their deaths.

Your initial thesis was that the HSUS has an agenda that is contrary to their stated mission. That banning hunting is their real motive, not fair treatment of animals.

You have now traversed into the above unfortunate position--one who cares not about the animal in any capacity, rather in the utility they provide for man.
If they have no rights other than to serve the needs of man, then is not serving to entertain a few rednecks after a few beers utilitarian enough?

No amount of firepower and no amount of hillbilly rhetoric will mask the fact that you belong to a realy f*ucked up minority....one to which very few can relate to, much less tolerate listening to.

OK smart ass.

You are talking animal welfare, not animal rights.

If you want animal rights, after I die and come back as a squirrel, I'm going to sue you over your squirrel resistant bird feeder

I am far from a minority, most U.S. citizens support hunting.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:52 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Not to cast any doubts on your research abilities there cj, but given your demonstrated skill with selective excerpting, where are you pulling this information? Got any links?

Those are a collection of headlines and questions compiled by another hunter/activist. Even if I linked to them it wouldn't give you the detail you really think you must have. If I can provide it in the future, I will.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:53 pm
Please explain the difference between rights of an animal and the welfare of an animal and demonstrate how and explain why they are mutually exclusive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
Sure, animals live by the rule of the wild, and have no laws other than eat or be eaten. Watch an orca or cat play with its food sometime and then repost your question.

Granting animals rights means they are equal to you and me and actually can and will abide by the laws humans write. In fact, this gives me the idea I've been looking for. Thanks.
0 Replies