NORTH KOREA CONDUCTS NUCLEAR TEST

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 03:04 pm
Asherman wrote:
If this administration believes that the DPRK can be trusted, there may actually be some truth to the shrill accusations of utter stupidity.

Yawn, not another, "Carthago Delinda Est! from A2K's own Cato the Elder.

Actually it is my own government that has shown its own propensity for lying about grave dangers, but you haven't warned anybody on board about that, simply because it fits your greedhead philosophies like a glove.

Never, ever, trust Kim Jong-Il's regime. If the DPRK claimed it was raining outside, you should go look and be certain that he hasn't a regiment out there with hoses spraying the windows.

No one trusts the NKs, I can't find anyone on board who does, so just to whom are you warning them about?

Reading your posts on this topic continues to be akin to hearing Lenny asking George to tell him about the rabbits.

Fac ut vivas, old man.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:14 pm
kuvasz wrote:
No one trusts the NKs, I can't find anyone on board who does, so just to whom are you warning them about?
Right... who would be so stupid... Laughing http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1180000/images/_1181986_carterclinton_ap300.jpg
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:07 pm
Well, I'm not quite so conservative as Cato the Elder, but never the less the appellation is neither unfair, nor unappreciated.

The DPRK doesn't need to be destroyed, its doing that job quite well on its own. It was a mistake for President Clinton to trust them, and it is a mistake for President Bush to trust them. The North Koreans should be kept as isolated as possible to avoid transference of their arms to unfriendly organizations ... including Iran. We shouldn't release one red cent of the DPRK accounts which were gotten by forgery, etc. It is enough for the nonce to hold the DPRK in-check.

This Spring we should be prepared for intensification of combat operations in Afghanistan, and in Iraq. If we had pulled out of Afghanistan as so many on the left demanded, there would be nothing to prevent the Taliban-Al Queda alliance from over-running the country and re-establishing a radical Islamic dictatorship that openly supported international terrorism. The more we kill there, the fewer there will be to carry out terrorist operations in Europe and the United States. I suspect that the Taliban/Al Queda may target Afghan civilians in imitation of a strategy that has sapped our Will in Iraq.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:09 pm
Quote:
If we had pulled out of Afghanistan as so many on the left demanded

Really?

I haven't seen many calls for pulling out of Afghanistan lately

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:11 pm
Lately? Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:13 pm
Asherman wrote:
Lately? Laughing

That is what I wrote.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that 'so many on the left' ever demanded for such a thing to happen. Surely you can provide some links to the large amount of pieces corroborating your assertion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:53 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
Right... who would be so stupid... Laughing http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1180000/images/_1181986_carterclinton_ap300.jpg

Oh Billy, you made a big smelly stupid in your pants again.

I shall let pass without comment that neither Jimmy Carter nor Bill Clinton post here, but more pointedly neither of them "trusted" the NKs or else why were there UN inspectors and cameras on-site at the labs and processing sites negotiated into the agreements?

Would that not mean they did not "trust" them, or is that too subtle for you to recognize?

Now please go back to your room and don't interrupt the adults.

and Ash, I appreciate you more than you know (or ever reveal).
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:11 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Asherman wrote:
Lately? Laughing

That is what I wrote.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that 'so many on the left' ever demanded for such a thing to happen. Surely you can provide some links to the large amount of pieces corroborating your assertion.

Cycloptichorn

Never heard about any of that at my puppy-killing international communist party meetings either, in fact in the run up to the Iraqi invasion most liberals were screaming that having Bush invade Iraq was taking the eye off the ball in the GWOT in Afghanistan...... were my USAF brother is at the moment.

Sure could have used those US mountain troops at Bora Bora too, but they were being trained for the Iraq invasion, or has that too been forgotten?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:25 pm
kuvasz wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Asherman wrote:
Lately? Laughing

That is what I wrote.

Cycloptichorn

Never heard about any of that at my puppy-killing international communist party meetings either, in fact in the run up to the Iraqi invasion most liberals were screaming that having Bush invade Iraq was taking the eye off the ball in the GWOT in Afghanistan...... were my USAF brother is at the moment.

Sure could have used those US mountain troops at Bora Bora too, but they were being trained for the Iraq invasion, or has that too been forgotten?

Apparently so. Conservatives seem to have forgotten that 3/4 billion dollars which was appropriated for Afghanistan was spent on planning Iraq by the Admin. at the time, as well. Wonder how much of that money would have gone to help secure our position in Afgh....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:32 pm
kuvasz wrote:
Oh Billy, you made a big smelly stupid in your pants again...
...Now please go back to your room and don't interrupt the adults.
Few people could be idiotic enough to begin and end a post in this fashion. North Korea is widely known as the most secretive Nation on earth and if you think the UN had sufficient security controls, that further demonstrates your cluelessness. But what's new; you've been applauding the blackmail agreement forever.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:34 pm
Do you mean the deal Bush just made with the North Korea Bill?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:35 pm
parados wrote:
I could, just as easily, couldn't I?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:37 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
parados wrote:
Yes, you could. But somehow you didn't post a picture of GW. An oversight on your part?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:45 pm
parados wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
parados wrote:
Yes, you could. But somehow you didn't post a picture of GW. An oversight on your part?
Yes, I suppose you could say that... but not really. Bush's military kind of has it's hand's full compared to Clinton's when he agreed to the blackmail scheme. Surely that must factor in somewhere.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:50 pm
You mean like the military was busy when Bush stopped the Clinton plan? But now that they are still busy it is OK to implement almost the exact same plan?

C'mon Bill. That doesn't even make much sense to say the busy military has to be a factor.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:02 pm
parados wrote:
You mean like the military was busy when Bush stopped the Clinton plan? But now that they are still busy it is OK to implement almost the exact same plan?

C'mon Bill. That doesn't even make much sense to say the busy military has to be a factor.
More accurately, I'd say the identified the Clinton plan as a failure, and you'll not see me defend their resumption of it in earnest. Paying blackmail to a murderous tyrant is no more acceptable to me today than it was a decade ago. I think it is the worst of all possible precedents to set and is likely only encouraging other tyrants to follow the clearly profitable path. I do concede, however, that having our military engaged in another part of the world reduces our options considerably.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:06 pm
The Clinton plan was a failure so the put the same plan back in place but not until the allowed North Korea to test a nuke.

And you say Clinton's plan was a failure. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:53 pm
parados wrote:
The Clinton plan was a failure so the put the same plan back in place but not until the allowed North Korea to test a nuke.

And you say Clinton's plan was a failure. Rolling Eyes
Which part of "Paying blackmail to a murderous tyrant is no more acceptable to me today than it was a decade ago." did you not understand? The notion that Bush's actions or lack thereof, have some bearing on what happened during Clinton's Presidency is feebleminded.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 08:10 am
But when it came time to find a picture of someone that is foolishly trusting North Korea you had to go back 13 years. Don't you keep a picture of GW hanging over your bed or something? :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:01 am
The Clinton/Carter rub stems from an ongoing periodic debate that predates your time on A2K. Rest assured, the party I posted for knows exactly why I chose that picture. As for pictures of Bush; your hyper partisanship is showing again. He didn't get my vote the first time, and he only got it the second time because I thought Kerry an even bigger imbecile (whom I had no idea what to expect because he changes with the wind.) You're far too intelligent for the hyper-polarity assumptions; so why do you insist on being counted with the dopes? :wink:
0 Replies