Halloween Costumes 2006

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 11:14 am
So great! Super gadgety. And the sleeve decal makes it instantly obvious what it's all about.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 12:40 pm
I love the look on Mo's face.

You'd better not doubt ghosts or Tinker Bell when he's around.

Edit to add:

Osso, your observation about Halloween being preempted by adults really deserves a thread of it own. Will you start it or shall I?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
I fleshed out my granny weatherwax costume today - got a long, worn black skirt and a long black cape splattered with gold paint. There was a dress that was perfect for the costume, but it was far too itchy. I also bought goggles to wear on her hat. I have a pair of biggish boots that will have to do. No broom, but she doesn't generally fly anyway. I didn't find a grey bun wig <yet>.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:20 pm
littlek wrote:
I fleshed out my granny weatherwax costume today - got a long, worn black skirt and a long black cape splattered with gold paint. There was a dress that was perfect for the costume, but it was far too itchy. I also bought goggles to wear on her hat. I have a pair of biggish boots that will have to do. No broom, but she doesn't generally fly anyway. I didn't find a grey bun wig <yet>.

Time is getting short, maybe you could make one using a mop.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 01:30 pm
A broom? I don't think I need one.... but, maybe.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 02:34 pm
I think you could use a broom to make a broom... :-) (That's how I read it first too.) I think the idea was the gray wig (with one of those string mops -- new, presumably.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 02:42 pm
Oooooh! For a wig - yes!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 02:44 pm
Sozobe is correctl, I was talking about making a wig from a (new) mop head.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
Just finished the last part -- shoring up the guitar, and guitar strap.

The guitar is the pink one out of this assortment:

http://www.partyandpaperwarehouse.com/media/guitar.jpg

Got it a while ago at Target just 'cause she's big on the air guitar, not for Halloween, but since we have it it's useful. Problem is that it's inflatable but pretty much impossible to inflate all the way, so it sags, especially up by the tuner part. So cut a wrapping paper roll in half, glued both halves together (one inside the other, a half-cylinder that's double-strength), covered the back of the new half-cylinder with pink ribbon that matches pretty well (not invisible, doesn't jump out at you), and then last thing will glue that straight to the back. (Want to wait in case there's some reason I need to deflate/ inflate again.) It clings to the neck really well and makes the whole thing quite strong without being too heavy.

Then the strap is just a black leather strap from my old purse that broke, with silver buckles and keychain rings to attach it. (The guitar has places to add that, flaps of plastic with holes in them, so I don't have to pop the thing.)

Ready!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 03:51 pm
That's a pretty cool looking guitar! It matches the other parts of the costume we've seen. Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:34 pm
Bunch of us went out dressed up Saturday night.

One of my guy friends went as a Care Bear. One-piece pink pajamas, had a rainbow on his chest, face painted pink, hair dyed pink, with pink ears strapped to his head. One of the funniest damn things I've seen.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:36 pm
Soz, I know you don't post photos of sozlette but you really have to send me one!

Your "fix" on the guitar was a great idea.

Poor Mo felt bad tonight but he really wanted to go trick or treating. We made it to our friend's church's trunk or treat party then came home. Anyway, that allowed me to get him in costume long enough to get a photo to remember the occassion by.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/gb3.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 10:12 pm
boomerang, that costume is so cute! I love trunk or treating! What a neat concept. This is the first year I've heard about it, but this is also the first year I'm in a cold state. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:26 am
Pictures were taken, about 6 left on the roll, I'll get some foliage pics or something and then have them developed ASAP (extended family is clamoring...)

Sozlet wasn't feeling so great either (though hopefully she escaped a full-blown Halloween Major Illness, which has been her tradition for the past couple of years). We just went trick or treating and bypassed the event at a local park -- maybe next year (she hasn't made it there yet). The good news is that it had been raining steadily all day and cleared up just in time for trick or treating, wispy clouds going past a half moon and everything. She had a faux-leather jacket as part of her costume, I just put a fleece layer under that and she was good to go. (Temp in the 50's, not that bad).

She had a fabulous time including doing command air-guitar performances -- I really should've gotten out the video camera, not just the camera. Everything was rushed and crazy yesterday though. Not sure how the photos will turn out, didn't get anything in natural light I don't think. I love the chance to knock on every single neighbor's door and say hi, get to know a lot of people that way. (We went up and down a couple of blocks, that's it, took a good hour and got a bagfull of loot. Maybe 3 people total didn't participate.)
0 Replies