Spider sound wonderful...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 10:16 pm
Well, Heph and I are set (I was obnoxious), now, the world...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:45 am
I'm right behind you osso...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 01:16 am
Thank you ladies, glad you enjoyed the picture, it was my wallpaper for a few months, well the entire picture was....as you might be able to tell, it has been cropped...myself alone in that odd pose, wouldn't have made much sense, so I kept the other two in for some context. I'm actually looking at my wife, she was just to my left, and she has the same expression on her face as I do...it's more of an embarrassed look than anything....OMG, I can't believe I'm dancing like a chicken, in front of the entire family, and the new in-laws....but we all had a blast.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:32 am
This morning, coz I had nothing better to do (yeah, right!), just for kicks I made M (who has just started walking) wear Daddy's sweatshirt. Hilarious, adorable results = a highly amused mommy, a totally floored ("awwwwwwww - are you wearing your daddy's shirt?") & mushy daddy, and gleeful, cackling, I-just-conquered-the-world M.

And finally - Finally - I know what she's going to be for Halloween...

http://www.turndog.com/gallery/Chicago/DSC00039?full=1
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:45 am
E.T. is such a great idea! How do you plan to do it? Would love to see pics.

Just finished what will probably be the most home-made part of her costume, her t-shirt:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/girlsrocksmaller.jpg

(Just scanned it directly and couldn't fit the whole thing on there.) Her choice of slogan.

Had the t-shirt (she's almost grown out of it so I sacrificed it, but now she loves the new version so maybe I'll do it all over again on a shirt that fits better), the letters were cut out freehand from a 25-cent remnant (silk taffeta, I think) that I already had, then appliqued and put through the washer and dryer to fray the edges a bit. Then added assorted glass beads.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 05:47 pm
VERY CUTE!!!!! Good job!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:46 pm
Thanks!

I also got a totally tacky zippery black fake leather jacket in her size at a second hand store (six bucks, score!), I think we're all ready.

If so, that'll be a record.

So it'll be messed-up jeans, high tops, t-shirt (probably with a long-sleeved t underneath), fake leather jacket (with a fleece underlayer if it's really cold), multi-ponytailed hairdo with pink streaks (have the spray-on stuff), glitter (have it), guitar (oh crap that I still have to get together) and fake black leather with brass grommets purse/ candy bag.

I'm just waiting for her to change her mind (she's done that before... she was supposed to be a princess until the 11th hour last year, grrr...)

I think since it's (mostly) finished I'll have "no way no how" ammo though. (I hadn't started the princess costume last year even though it was the 11th hour.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:50 pm
Soz, what old lady did you have to kill to get that tablecloth that you used to make the letters?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:52 pm
It's a sample from a pricey interior decorating fabric store -- they'd sell the samples when they were done with 'em for a quarter each. (about 2' X 2'.) It was meant for curtains, I think -- it's a taffeta, can't tell if it's actually silk or just meant to be.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:56 pm
Oh.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:06 pm
Um, that is, I meant to say, the old lady was using the tablecloth to wrap her beloved pet cockatiel for burial and I noticed the colors and said OOH PRETTY and ran over, grabbed the tablecloth away from her, and sprinted down the street as she yelled "STOP THIEF!" and the policeman on the corner tossed his donut over his shoulder and ran after me but I jumped the fence, right into old man Ziller's yard and Ziller's Killer, the pitbull, took off after me but I used the tablecloth to distract him and he took a bite out of it but not out of me as I sailed over the next fence, and then with half a tablecloth I almost cleared the Gradowskis' pool, but I didn't, and I don't really know how to swim but I used the tablecloth to loop around the edge of the flagpole and hoisted myself out, and then it was easy to go through their hedge and around the Sullivan's house and then I was home.

Yeah.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:09 pm
What happened to the cockatiel? Did you accidentally sew it into the dress?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:28 pm
Last I saw, the corpse (rather raggedy) was about to land in her mums.

And it's not a dress.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 11:07 pm
http://[URL=http://thumbsnap.com/v/R0Vo7FhX.jpg][img]http://thumbsnap.com/t/R0Vo7FhX.jpg[/URL][/IMG] Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 11:09 pm
your dog looks cute! i bought a pumpkin costume for my maltese, but it was a size too small.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:20 am
Phase 1 of costume completed.

Got this badboy in the mail today:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/robgoat/specialolympics.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:48 am
That's just wrong, Slappy. Surprised
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo