http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/140/8/9/RL/140892490RL797402237.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:46 pm
I think Bronze is stretching it for Slappy
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 02:19 pm
My 8 year old wants a Jeff Gordon costume.

Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 02:19 pm
Wow, wandel, that's a good match! And they've nailed the expressions and everything. Definitely scary... Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:12 pm
Linkat wrote:

Is it?

And I guess the ability to use punctuation is stretching it for you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:20 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Linkat wrote:

Is it?

And I guess the ability to use punctuation is stretching it for you.

Sounds like I hit a sore spot with you, Slappy! And look I used punctuation! Yeah!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:53 pm
wandel, that's a great pic! The expressions on their faces are perfect! I bet your daughter and friends were thinking the same thing I was at that age... "What could we wear/get away with and still look hot for the boys while the other girls wear ridiculous costumes." Laughing

which one is your daughter?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 03:58 pm
Thanks for the compliments, soz and joa!

(My daughter is the dark haired girl on the right.)

I enjoyed seeing that photo of your baby in his costume, joa. I hope everything is okay with your brave husband.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 03:59 pm
I was just looking in to see how everyone was doing on their costumes. Too fun! What great ideas and designs.

I finally started in on Mo's costume and it is going pretty well but it was hard trying to make it light weight. You can really see how 3-D it is in these photos but it was the best I could do for now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/halloween.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:07 pm
Super-duper cool! Very complicated and high-tech-looking.

I got the kid some clip-on rock-chick earrings and she's set. Oh wait one more thing, I have to make the strap for the guitar.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:08 pm
Well then, you had better get to it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:12 pm
I was just looking at that stuff boomer has been working on for her kid's costume and I have drawn the following conclusion: That woman has some serious time on her side.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:20 pm
Ha!

To make the Ecto thingy I cracked off the case of a film magazine to expose the electronics, took of the face plate to thread a strap through the film rollers, replaced the face plate and stuck on some stickers - 5 minutes, tops.

The backpack was a little more complicated - cardboard box, bottle caps, whiffle golf balls, camera parts, vaccuum hose, nerf gun, stickers - all held together with hot glue and electrical tape. I still need to add some wiring type stuff to it.

It didn't take very long and it was really kind of fun to make.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:09 pm
I'm not usually one to brag but.....

Mo's Ghostbuster outfit was the sensation of the Blankety Elementary School Halloween party tonight! We could hardly move without getting a complement on it. We were both kind of freaked at the attention it received. People were stopping us just to talk about it. In my (now) yuppie-puppy neighborhood that's saying something.

As I rarely get to burn off any creative steam these days it made me feel really happy. Silly. I know. But still......

It did turn out pretty good.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:31 pm
I soooooooooo don't understand any of you. (Said while smiling.)

Thinking, religion replacement. Not to be insulting, ... but really. Consider the rise in Halloween as traditional ritual has flummoxed.

I had trouble with my very staunch catholic background, and I've flags with all this. I know I'm not in the majority on this question of Halloween becoming some kind of main US invocation.

But I tend to watch amazed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:42 pm
My post was not anti costuming of children I love, at least in a good vicarious way, like Sozlet and Mo and the Duck kids.

Just a general wonderment.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 10:45 am
Hey, cool, boomer! I know just what you mean about creative outlet. Plus it's fun to get feedback -- there isn't much in parenting that we get immediate feedback on.

We haven't had anything yet, first occasion will be Halloween itself, and that'll be jam-packed. (Parties + a parade at school, Beggar's Night, and a community party at a local park. Really hoping she'll be healthy for all of that.)

Osso, I think I'm close to gettin' ya but I'm not sure. Can you expand?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 10:55 am
What are you on about osso?

The photos didn't turn out too great - terrible gym lighting and whatnot. Plus, I had to blur out all the bystanders. I'll try to get some better ones on Halloween but here is one......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/costume3.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 11:02 am
Laughing oh god I think I broke a rib !! Laughing

that is a fantastic costume!
0 Replies