Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:25 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Has anyone noticed
that when the police
are studying in THEIR classes,
that no one bursts in on them,
shooting up the classroom,
nor taking any hostages of the police ??

Have u ever wondered Y
criminals choose to attack UNARMED students
rather than armed police, when thay are studying ??

David

You are kidding, right? You've got to be kidding. You can't be serious. However, You probably are.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:49 am
I feel such a sadness for the people of this quiet little community.
How terrible that someone (obviously unhinged at the time & apparently bearing a 20 year "grudge") had such easy access to guns & other weapons.
Five completely innocent little girls dead now.

Fifth girl dead after Amish school shooting:

A seven-year-old victim of a shooting at an Amish school in the United States has died from injuries, bringing the toll to five victims dead and six wounded. .. <cont.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200610/s1754895.htm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:05 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
farmerman wrote:
A hostage/shooting situation broke out here in beautiful Amish country a few miles from my house (right in the area where themovie " Witness" was filmed)

Some nut drove up to an AMish SChool and tried to take hostages and then just opened fire on the kids. Apparently, at least 4 kids were shot and the roads are all closed off. (my wife tried to run over to the Amish plain goods store and was turned back by cops in flak jackets).

The Amish do not countenance hand guns though some (in rumpsringah phase) will go hunting with shotguns.
I dont know. This entire area is the embodiment of peeaceful countryside that to envision cops in flak jackets just leaves one questioning our entire gene pool.

The students NEEDED immediate access
to defensive firepower.
David

Will you just stop & listen to yourself, OmSigDAVID?
What sort of a response to the killings is that inane, insensitive comment?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:26 am
Om sig has no idea about how the AMish feel about guns. While some Amish will go hunting, they are most often bow-hunters.

The idea of guns fo protection is repugnant to them.

The insane part of our world had intruded into their lives and took a toll of innocent lives. Around here , were mostly in a daze and people are trying to help as best they can, and this includes the wife and family of the killer.
My secretary is a womens crisis counselor and shes taken some time off to help with the Amish families whove lost a daughter with this act.

Somehow, Om Sigs rantings dont really register while all this is going on. Im saddened , but encouraged that there are some communities where violence is treated more like sickness than a crime, because crime , although not unknown among the AMish, almost always targets them as the victims.

The only thing that this horror has shown me is that, if guns are a deterrant, Id be forced to carry a gun at all times because we cant magically discern who the potential perps are. Charles "chuckie""Roy" was not a bad guy. He gave off no pheromones of violence. He was loud in a room but so is Om sig. loud on screen. We cant tell who's going to go out and shoot someone else.

The Amish, I was told this AM, are already talking about tearing down the school and turning it back into a corn field.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:41 am
Intrepid wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Has anyone noticed
that when the police

Have u ever wondered Y

David

You are kidding, right? You've got to be kidding. You can't be serious. However, You probably are.

Of course he is. But don't worry, he's just a twelve or thirteen year old boy who just got a shiny new Red Ryder Ranger Model Air Rifle for his birthday, and is all excited about it! Can't you tell that from his posts?

His parents must not be monitoring his internet access. Cute little scrapper that he is.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:45 am
OmSigDavid:

There have been cases of children killing other children because they were gun-toting. What you are suggesting is insane. Children are not rational or mature enough to handle weapons, and weaponry is not the answer to most situations. Many adults are not, either, but they're obviously under-developed.

If you're suggesting that 8 yr olds pack a gun in the highly unlikely event that someone will come storming into their classroom to shoot them, that would mean that they'd have to have the gun on them at the time of the shooting. Somehow, I think a gun would interfere with their colouring.

What do they do with their guns during recess, while playing dodge-ball? What if they're up to bat? Is it on a holster around their hips?

Yours is a ludicrous suggestion. You might rethink your position and come up with something more reasonable and plausible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:41 am
om sig is a ludicrous guy. Hed love to go packing when hes at the grocery store.
With guys like him, the desire to use his gun becomes more overpowering with time. So... he decides that someone arguing about the price of kielbasi at the deli counter is a life and death situation that requires deadly force to arbitrate..
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:16 am
farmerman wrote:
om sig is a ludicrous guy. Hed love to go packing when hes at the grocery store.
With guys like him, the desire to use his gun becomes more overpowering with time. So... he decides that someone arguing about the price of kielbasi at the deli counter is a life and death situation that requires deadly force to arbitrate..

This is one time, farmerman, that I really wish you were wrong. Unfortunately, you are probably very, very right in your assessment.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
I've waited some time before I answered here. Othrwise, I'm sure, I would have been banned.

I think any person, who calls for more arms in the moment when children (or anyone else) are killed by gunfire, has no brains and heart.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:24 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I think any person, who calls for more arms in the moment when children (or anyone else) are killed by gunfire, has no brains and heart.

Or maybe we just wish that someone could have been able to defend the victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:25 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
I'd suggest that school principals be required to keep an M-16 in their office, and that they be required to be fully trained in how to use it.

CCW for teachers would help as well.

Amish schools will close first. They will not have guns . I imagine that this school, in conformance with Amish tradition, will be burned down and the ground "shunned"

Well, I respect their religious preferences, but it would be a good move for other schools.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:26 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
It's funny how whenever someone opens fire on innocent people, it somehow becomes an argument for MORE guns in the community.

What is funny about it?

The primary cause of crime is unarmed victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:26 pm
farmerman wrote:
Maybe some kinds of gun controls are warrented.

Some, yes. It depends on the specific control.

farmerman wrote:
and then others , like me, clueless to the possible damage they can witness, try to make up lame arguments that "if the victims would only own guns, they wouldnt become victims"

I am not sure how that is a lame argument. It is true that one can be armed and still become a victim, but being armed sure helps.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:27 pm
Intrepid wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Has anyone noticed
that when the police

Have u ever wondered Y

David

I agree with his point, and I'm serious.

It would be a bad idea to have the students armed, but armed teachers would be a very good thing. At the least there should be a few M-16s in a safe in the principal's office.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mame wrote:
There have been cases of children killing other children because they were gun-toting. What you are suggesting is insane. Children are not rational or mature enough to handle weapons, and weaponry is not the answer to most situations.

While I agree that the children should not be the ones with the guns at school, weaponry is the answer in a situation when a deranged killer is slaughtering people.
0 Replies

oralloy

farmerman wrote:
The only thing that this horror has shown me is that, if guns are a deterrant, Id be forced to carry a gun at all times because we cant magically discern who the potential perps are. Charles "chuckie""Roy" was not a bad guy. He gave off no pheromones of violence. He was loud in a room but so is Om sig. loud on screen. We cant tell who's going to go out and shoot someone else.

Yes. That is the reason people do carry guns everywhere.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:28 pm
farmerman wrote:

What is wrong with carrying a gun at the grocery store?!?!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:55 pm
msolga wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
farmerman wrote:
A hostage/shooting situation broke out here in beautiful Amish country a few miles from my house (right in the area where themovie " Witness" was filmed)

Some nut drove up to an AMish SChool and tried to take hostages and then just opened fire on the kids. Apparently, at least 4 kids were shot and the roads are all closed off. (my wife tried to run over to the Amish plain goods store and was turned back by cops in flak jackets).

The Amish do not countenance hand guns though some (in rumpsringah phase) will go hunting with shotguns.
I dont know. This entire area is the embodiment of peeaceful countryside that to envision cops in flak jackets just leaves one questioning our entire gene pool.

The students NEEDED immediate access
to defensive firepower.
David

Will you just stop & listen to yourself, OmSigDAVID?
What sort of a response to the killings is that inane, insensitive comment?

It is an efficient and effective response
to end the threat as soon as possible
after he starts wreaking havoc.
That is what kind of response.

That is the kind of response
that the Founders of America wud have approved.
It is a response that REJECTS politically correct unAmericanism.
David
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:58 pm
oralloy wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Has anyone noticed
that when the police

Have u ever wondered Y

David

I am glad to live in a civilized country where such things would never be tolerated.

I agree with his point, and I'm serious.

It would be a bad idea to have the students armed, but armed teachers would be a very good thing. At the least there should be a few M-16s in a safe in the principal's office.

I am glad to live in a civilized country where such things would never be tolerated.

BTW...Don't you think the proper authorities (i.e. police) could be onsite before some twit could get those M-16's out of the safe. Also, have you considered that more children could be hit by the m-16 fire than could be hurt by a potential killer?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:59 pm
Intrepid wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Has anyone noticed
that when the police

Have u ever wondered Y

David

You are kidding, right? You've got to be kidding.
You can't be serious. However, You probably are.

OK, Canadian:
I challenge u to EXPLAIN
the reason that I 've got to be " kidding "
and that I " can t be serious "; go ahead.

Make some sense out of that argument
instead of just mindlessly emoting about it.
David
0 Replies