Why shotgun ammo is still there (and 22 isn't)

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 02:38 pm
Pure theory/conjecture here, just my own thoughts, nothing and nobody else involved...

Shotgun sports are largely an upper-class thing or at least a big part of what you'd call shotgun sports are an upper-class thing. Take a look at some of the guns listed on the "premium brands" link starting from the manufaturers' page at shotgunworld:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/links.html

Baretta appears to me to be selling its main hunting gun (the X-Trema II) as a sort of a loss leader i.e. they're selling a very superb semiauto gun for 1000 - 1500 usd and I don't see how they're making any money with it. They seem to make their real money selling skeet and sporting-clay guns which start around 2500 and go to several tens of thousands usd.

In other words, ******* with shotguns or their ammo would be like ******* with golf, and all the bankers and fat cats who Bork Obunga works for would come down on him like a ton of bricks.

No problem buying Federal 12ga target shells at Wallies today, still no 22 ammo in sight. 22 Of course would be the ammo which common people would use to try to put food (snail darters, delta smelts, Bambi, Thumper, spotted owls, and every sort of sacred2Gaea thing) on their tables after Bork's asshole policies bring the entire system down.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,209 • Replies: 20
Topic Closed

gungasnake

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 02:44 pm
Perazzi hunting gun:

http://www.perazzi.it/sites/perazzi/files/imagecache/Fucile/mx12extra.png
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 04:32 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Pure theory/conjecture here, just my own thoughts, nothing and nobody else involved...

In other words, ******* with shotguns or their ammo would be like ******* with golf, and all the bankers and fat cats who Bork Obunga works for would come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Spot on!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33846884.jpg
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 09:13 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
bring the entire system down.

You certainly seem nutty enough to be a doomsday prepper, Gunga.

****, but those people are dumb. They make a sack of hoe handles look like Einstein.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:07 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Shotgun sports are largely an upper-class thing or at least a big part of what you'd call shotgun sports are an upper-class thing.

The shotgun Obama is pictured shooting at Camp David is a $3200.00 Browning 725 SPORTING ... it's good to be the king Wink
NSFW (view)
gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 04:09 am
@farmerman,
I spoke of shotgun sports, meaning skeet and sporting clays etc. A $400 shotgun might hold together if you take it out two or three times a year to shoot deer with it. It won't survive being used for skeets.
farmerman

Fri 17 May, 2013 04:32 am
@gungasnake,
This is how you summed up your entire post

Quote:
still no 22 ammo in sight. 22 Of course would be the ammo which common people would use to try to put food (snail darters, delta smelts, Bambi, Thumper, spotted owls, and every sort of sacred2Gaea thing) on their tables after Bork's asshole policies bring the entire system down.

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
H2O MAN

Fri 17 May, 2013 06:59 am
@gungasnake,
Agreed.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 17 May, 2013 07:25 am
@gungasnake,

... this semi-auto 12 gauge will hold together.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/HKM1S90.JPG
NSFW (view)
gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 09:18 am
@H2O MAN,
If you could only own one shotgun, this is the only choice:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/a391-xtrema2/

http://www.berettausa.com/assets/item/gunlarge/Beretta_Xtrema2_05.jpg
H2O MAN

Fri 17 May, 2013 09:28 am
@gungasnake,
I like the recoil reduction system and the self cleaning gas system...
none of this was available when I purchased my HK/Benelli in 1993.
gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 09:31 am
@H2O MAN,
The only thing that gun needs the "kick-off" feature for is the 3.5" shells and those are only for shooting ducks or geese at 60 - 80 yards. If you can live with 3" shells and normal 20 - 40 yard shots, you don't need it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 09:36 am
@H2O MAN,
The main features of the Xtrema-2 are:

Totally weather proof, all stainless and man-made materials.

Very fast, i.e. you can't pull the trigger too fast and get ahead of it.

Auto adjusts to ammo, i.e. heavy spring and bleed-off valve means you can shoot light target ammo one day and geese the next and not change anything other than the ammo.

Very well made throughout, can survive many years of both target and hunting use.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 17 May, 2013 02:56 pm
Quote:

Is John Lott, the author of “More Guns, Less Crime” right? Does the rapid growth of gun ownership and armed citizens have anything to do with a diminishing gun violence trend? His expansive research concludes that state “shall issue” laws which allow citizens to carry concealed weapons do produce a steady decrease in violent crime. He explains that this is logical because criminals are deterred by the risk of attacking an armed target, so as more citizens arm themselves, danger to the criminals increases.

Whether or not you buy that reasoning, and it does make sense to me, what about the notion that tougher gun laws have or would make any difference? With the toughest gun laws in the nation, Chicago saw homicides jump to 513 in 2012, a 15% hike in a single year. The city’s murder rate is 15.65 per 100,000 people, compared with 4.5 for the Midwest, and 5.6 for Illinois.

Up to 80 percent of Chicago murders and non-fatal shootings are gang- related, primarily young black and Hispanic men killed by other black and Hispanic men. Would tightening gun laws even more, or “requiring” background checks, change these conditions?

As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet
gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 04:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
The one other thing we could do to reduce crime substantially would be to eliminate the failed "War on Drugs(TM)".
farmerman

Fri 17 May, 2013 04:35 pm
@gungasnake,
the .22 ammo that was out was mostly the LR. One could buy magnums nd shorts.
i had our team switch over to shorts nd adjusted the traget range a bit nd it was all good.
gungasnake

Fri 17 May, 2013 09:14 pm
@farmerman,
22 Magnum is a different caliber. 22 Caliber weapons won't shoot it.
0 Replies