Tai Chi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:46 pm
Hello, osso, Dutchy, Rockhead, ceili and msolga! Thank you everyone for checking in occasionally. Sorry not to be posting more often. You would think now that I'm working and sitting in front of a computer all day it would get easier but...
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:07 pm
@Tai Chi,
Sampled a LOT of smoked whitefish at the Purvis stand at the Royal Winter Fair on Tuesday - told the Purvis guy about you (then bought a sample that a friend will be delivering to hamburgboy)
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:10 pm
@Tai Chi,
I managed to lose a post (wonder where I put it) -

The wood storage box is terrific - quite the handsome and useful thing. It's a nice clean design - I bet you could sell them.

I speak as someone who fantasized manufacturing doghouses some years ago. Probably shoulda except I'm a business fool.
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Very Happy Just read about them going to the big city in the local paper (while killing time in the laundromat -- honest to god, the laundromat is going to be the proverbial straw!!!!) Did you see Meeker's Magic Mix? It's supposed to be an amazing garden additive.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:14 pm
@Tai Chi,
I may have a photo of Meeker's Magic Mix. I went a bit photo-taking-crazy at the Royal. Emptied the battery charges on two cameras! Of course a lot of that was trying to get photos of Eric Lamaze riding in the Jolera Welcome, but I took photos of everything it seems. Giant squash, the Northern Ontario sign, the giant sausage over the bubble tea stand (hunh?), apples, prize-winning cheese, butter and honey ... I couldn't stop clicking.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi osso. It is indeed handy. The Mr made it from scrap wood and heavy duty swivel casters. He doesn't have a lot of time these days though for money making side projects as (drum roll please) he's working too! There is a construction project in the same town as my job (same hours too so we can ride in together) and he will be working through the winter on a major renovation. Part of it is a museum (the curator brings the guys tea and cookies) and the rest will be artist's studios (how funny is that?) He gets the summer off so he can pursue his own projects then and then in the fall it's back to the renovation for the winter again. I am quite pleased to leave the driving to him given the deer up here. (My second day of work the boss was late because she hit a deer on her way in.)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:18 pm
@Tai Chi,
You're both working on the island?

Excellent news (other than the famous issue of deer on the roads on Manitoulin)!
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
I know, given the current economic climate it's almost unbelievable. We are very fortunate.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:33 pm
@Tai Chi,
Great post! Very good news for a job that sounds perfect for the Mr. - talk about made to order.

Laundramats - ay chihuahua. I lived via laundramat for a bunch of years both long ago and fairly recently and would have periodic strikes where I washed everything in the bathtub (a different ordeal), but that takes having a bathtub in the first place, which I luckily did. Well, wait, I lied - before either of those times, living in the old eagles lodge, no bathtub or shower, much less washer and dryer. The good news there was that I had friends to mooch laundry facilities off of.

Deer - I've lived in deerville but was always lucky as a driver.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:34 pm
@Tai Chi,
and talented.
mismi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Love the pics Tai Chi! Everything is just beautiful! So happy you both have jobs - love what you are doing!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:23 am
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/IMG_1162.jpg

Took the front off the old outhouse which had been moved to the back of the property before our time. It used to be full of broken tools and empty liquor bottles and porcupine poop (um, also from before our time) but now we can use it for wood storage for the sauna. It's on its last legs but for now, it will keep our wood dry.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:51 am
Just popping in to say a quick "hello" in between Christmas shopping. The Mr. is at home with an electrician and hopefully we will have power to the garage when I get back. We are tired of hunting for stuff with a flashlight Very Happy

Joeblow

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:37 am
@Tai Chi,
Hello!

The place looks great. I can't get over the amount of work you guys have done. Love all the snapshots, and the updates, and the news! If ever the adage *slow and steady wins the race *was exemplified, it is in this thread. You've sure rounded some corners. Nice.

0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 03:46 pm
Hi mismi and Joeblow. Thanks for checking in. Life is busy but I hope to post again before Christmas. (Saw a coyote last week and didn't have the camera!)
Dutchy

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:15 pm
@Tai Chi,
Hi Tai Chi, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Mr.Fixit. You made wonderful progress this year. Has the snow arrived yet?
Tai Chi

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 09:21 am
@Dutchy,
Just for you Dutchy:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/IMG_1175.jpg
Tai Chi

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 09:22 am
Merry Christmas A2K:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/IMG_1173.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 09:23 am