Can you fall in love with someone you've never met?

dumbwife

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:21 am
@honey rose cr,
It's possible to fall in 'love' with a guy from the internet. However, you can't be sure about it's 'love' until you meet him. So if you like him a lot and you're single? I don't see why you must force yourself to cut off your feeling for him.
0 Replies

aphrodites

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 03:19 pm
@honey rose cr,
Hi honey rose i dont rp in the same way you do i play a mmo (mass multiplayer online for those who dont know) and i happen to know a young couple that met on the game they spoke for 6 months then met up he is 17 and lives in birmingham and she is a 16 yr old dutch girl they met with both there families there and she then went to stay with him for a week and he her the following month and that went on for 6 month he is now 18 and has moved there to be with her and they live with her mum and he works and contributes to the household. Next year when she turns 18 they are moving to england and she is going uni while he works. Love has no age or area however meet first see what he is really like before you decide it is love
0 Replies

tinkerbell578

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 05:08 pm
@honey rose cr,
well you could, well depends how much you like the person tho, because i really liked this boy i seen for the first time!.. but you know what they say 'love at first sight'! go with your heart :-)
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2010 09:35 am
@honey rose cr,
What do you mean by love?
If you say that love is simply an emotion, and emotions come and go, is that what you want love to be?

The human mind is composed of two parts, emotion and reason. The purpose of sexuality is well defined,

Can you actually define love, or really understand it such that it negates the definition of your own sexuality? Or more specifically, your procreative system?

Is it not true, that when you say you love that which you do not know, only mean your own feelings are what you considered love, and not anyone else?
Love must be defined for someone, not in spite of someone.

I define love this way, in compliance with my own definition, love is all the things two people do together to maintain and promote their own life.

Love is something real, not an unshared emotion.

When reason is at the mercy of emotion, love is sacrificed for simple desire and one never knows love at all.
0 Replies

John Trenor

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:36 pm
@honey rose cr,
What you are feeling is real, just keep in mind that lacking real interaction can result in manifestations. What I'm implying is that with limited definitive information produced by what we can see, touch, hear, smell and taste our mind has a way of filling in the gaps for us. Obviously the most dangerous but most effective method of knowing is to meet in person, however I wouldn’t recommend it for it is extremely dangerous, I have seen a few movies with a similar plot.
0 Replies

buenosopal

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 10:03 am
@honey rose cr,
Lots of the lovely people, have replied heir thots up here to ur question honey rose.
I am an indian. My bf a british. and looks? money? ohww!! quite a lot "Smile
I never kinda blved in this "meeting online and falling in love" thingy as i also thot ppl who dont have any other options around/ are defective / aren't sought after, fall in love online.
inshort, overcome their lonliness that way. NOT cent % correct. nope!! nope!

My bf i met online.after being friends (just friends ) for 5 months, we decided to get into a relationship. i was paanoid kinda in tje begining..like..."lets meet him first then will see..." huhh! but it worked u know.
we are thick now. he is grt infact and really sought after, same implies to me too.
we both have had share of our bad relationships b4.

anwas, dont be paranoid. just give things, that ur heart aims at, a try. do it sweets!
just rem, if ever u loose anything, it is alwas making way for a better thing to come.
Smile relax a bit... unless u think positive u CAN NEVER EVER PROCEED IN LIFE. nope!
Go, experience, act, live!
0 Replies

camillaAWSOME

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 12:40 am
I don't know. I THINK I'M A LITTLE BIT CRAZY, there's this guy,weve been talking for like 2 weeks ,but we stop talking on facebook, or we never contact each other in anyway. October-December thats 3 moths passed..Some other guy send me a message, last November 28, Weve been chatting for chatting for about one moth until now....Then the first guy that I was chatting with before liked my status! I never expect that,he commented on my status!!!. Then I viewed his profile, well he was in a relationship, but I can't see in his profile like commenting on a girl, or something ....I was like stalking him..They were never been a girl that his been talking too!! ...Until I post a status It's for the two guys lets just call them Makid Ramed (first guy) Zaced Aamad (second guy) I post this status..I love you _ _ _ _ d _ a _ _ _! <3 Wink..
Then Makid like it. and Commented :Thanks
well Zaced is offline that time..

Hmm....I think I loved them both...

P.s Makid keeps posting sad status like...I missed you a lot..Wish we talk again...? And theres a weird feeling in my stomach when I think? His talking about me...
0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 02:49 am
In our society, meeting new people from different areas and cultures online tends to be a convenient and beneficial experience if played safely while in a frame of reality.
I doubt someone could fall in *true* love over cyber space, to be honest. All in all, you don't exactly know the person. Everyone is different in real life than you would expect from just cyber encounters. For example, my friend (James) and I met on facebook. He had to be the most tedious person to have a conversation with, I mean all he would give me is one worded responses every time I tried to renew or begin a conversation in a message. He happened to attend the school I was going to, so once we started talking face to face, he was actually extremely energetic and occasionally witty. My first impression, which happened to be developed while talking to him over the internet, was entirely wrong and misjudged due to the fact I didn't meet him physically first.

I think you're infatuated with an expectation, not him. Sure, you two may share thoughts, personal opinions, experiences, new ideas, whatever floats your boat. But in reality, you don't know the little habits that are apart of him, you don't know how he handles social situations outside of cyber connections, and there are so many little "insignificant" details you have no idea about that composes his character. Love requires an appreciation, a complete understanding, and a solid foundation between two people. That requires physically being able to see what a person's true colors really are. That's how you see the actions, not just the words.

You have developed a dependency on unrealistic imaginations and expectations, which is not healthy. Relationships are the most beautiful when the time is taken for them to bloom first. The destination is not what always counts, it's the journey. And like relationships, the gradual build of intimacy, respect, admiration, appreciation, communication, and other elements is the journey that eventually leads to a stable destination. By telling yourself you "love" him, you are subconsciously convincing yourself and setting up the expectation that the perfect chemistry and relationship will develop between you two on the spot. You've fallen in love with the idea of love, and the repetitive thought that the perfect relationship will automatically rise between you two if you have a chance of meeting. Life isn't a movie where after two hours of watching, the prince charming marries a farmgirl in Vegas and winds up having nine kids with her. Don't rush yourself by saying you're in "love," because that'll cause yourself and others unnecessary trouble. And besides, you might come off as obsessive and overly dependent on people for happiness if you admit to that.

You must put rational reason into your thought process in this specific topic. I suggest meeting him if you really are persistent on this, and try getting to actually to understand his character. You've probably built up several different possibilities of his personality already in your head, making you infatuated with your own desires that you've managed to manifest into a temporary subconscious obsession that you are way too dependent on, making you oblivious to a reality. Please do some reconsidering of where you're emotions and mental state lay in this matter, because if you aren't cautious, you could get extremely hurt and disappointed.
Your mind can become your worst enemy if no reason or logic is incorporated into the affairs of the heart.
0 Replies

CyndeeMaree

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 03:13 pm
@flushd,
Flushd, you make alot of sense, I appreciate your insight.
0 Replies

Lacygrl

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 08:14 am
@honey rose cr,
I know exactly how you feel! I have "met" this guy on the inerenet also, and i absoulutly adore everything about him! and it may sound clieche' but everything just "FITS". He is everything I've ever wanted in a man. I just worry that once we meet everything will change.... I don't want it to be a fling, or a one time thing. So if you would give ME some advice or had anything to say about it, that'd be great lol Smile
best wishes!!
melisawilson

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 12:40 am
@honey rose cr,
It depends how long you have been in touch with this person. if its been more than years or two then you can consider that a person may be genuine and could start thinking for him.
Lacygrl

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 07:13 am
@melisawilson,
no it hasnt been more than a year yet, but we are getting close Smile
0 Replies

neha

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 09:26 am
(hii.. m neha n m in relationship with dhruv..)
i'v met a guy on facebook.. we used to chat kbhi kbhi..
n then.. i liked his past story abt his relationship abt his ex-grlfrnd..
thn after 20 days somehow i'v askd his cntact no. thn we'v startd chttng on cell at late n8..
thn i found that "i like him".. coz he is jst like my dream boy... i mean "mjh nai lgta ki usse acha insan mjh is duniya mai milega bhi"
n same happnd with him too..(after relationship he said m perfect for him..)
so we both dcded to not to tak or chat on cell...
so we hv made sevrl rules like i said dnt call me dear (1st rule)
he said we wont chat more than 20 min(2nd rule)... and may more(20rules)
bt next n8.. we chat as we used to...
n thn after 15 days(whn we hv startd chatng) he prposd me... nd i refusd
i said ''i cnt.. mah prnts wont accept our relationship.. n wt abt our marrg (actuly whn i was 16 yrs old i'v dcded that i'l marry to that persn who will b chosen by mah parnts coz i blong from very cnsrvativ family like thy cn kill me if thy get to knw that i love someone .. n so i said no to him bt on msgs he was rplng.. "mjh bhooooot smjhaya.. bhot kuch btaya ki dnt wrry i'l cm ther nd bhoot kuch.."
nd finally i cnvncd i said ok..
he is in mharashtra nd m in delhi..
bt after that we had to face many fights..
bt evn tho we love each other so so much..
i cnt live without him.. n he said same to me.. many times....
he care for me. sooooooooo much... he cried for me many times...
i pray daily to god that plzz... "hmari shadi ho jaye plz plz plz... nd wo fake na ho"
i trust him a lot lot lot lot..!!!
n nw we have spend 6 mnths together on 5th march it will b seven.. (wow)
i want to ask ... i mean sugstions like.. hw shud i introduce him to mah family?
after 3yrs we both will cmplt our graduation...thn we both will tell to our families n so i need sugstions...
thnx ....
i want from all to pray for us plzz...
0 Replies

gagirl39

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 04:15 am
I have been chatting with a man who is now 49. Im almost 39. We clicked just like that! I have told him my deep dark secrets! He lives in Pa. and me in Ga. We are in love! How do I know this?? I think of him constantly! He gives me butterflies! I shed tears for this man! I want to be with him so bad! Neither one of us have a car. I want so bad to surprise him with going to him! I want to be with this man so bad it hurts! I want to hold him! I have NEVER felt this way about anyone! All the men in the world, and I choose him! He has hurt me with words, and I have him, but Im still IN LOVE with him!! Is that crazy or what! I have prayed and talked to God alot about this man! It feels so right! We have chatted and talked on the phone for almost 3 yrs now! I lost my mom in may 2010 and he lost his the following year in June. We have alot in common!
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 06:07 pm
@gagirl39,
Let's hope he's not chatting from his prison cell....
0 Replies

shydevil

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:06 pm
@honey rose cr,
Well..... I never believe in love or don't care at anything. I hate everything and want to die and tried so hard to not to fall for someone easily incase I'll get a broken heart which is seem horrible like all the lyric in the song. So I become hating on all the guy. (I know this sound weird) After like 2 years of it my friend invited me into the text chat on PS3. I met loads of people and most of them are nice. I met one guy and from the beginning he was being proper horrible to me and all we do is arguement everyday whenever I seen him in the text chat. Then suddenly, we both just stop arguing and become like really close friend. We added eachother on facebook so we can talk more but I don't know why whenever I get a message from him, I'm all excited and smile over it and I don't really feel good whenever I didn't get to talk to him. I would say I start liking him and I suddenly told him because I was drunk but he never believe me that I mean it cos I was drunk. Then we date online (I know sound so stupid) I always wishes to see him but it impossible cos we both are so far from eachother. Sad Whenever we both had an argument I don't know why I'm hurt so much and cry alot then I become very emotional person. We had a fight almost everyday and sometimes I just wish I never met him but I will never give up. He is my love at first sight. He is the reason makes me want to live and makes me feel so special. I don't care how much we fight and I don't care how much I cry but I'm still gonna love him forever and we both thinkingof meeting up but I'm only 15 and he is 18 and he is too far away.(kid can still love right?) but we both thinking of doing that when we are older but I'm kind of scare but I'm sure he ain't a bad person at all Smile He makes me so happy and I don't think it's wrong to love someone over online. WhenI think it back from beginning it very funny to me and feel like a drama queen but I just can't help it.
0 Replies

49erfan

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 04:50 pm
@honey rose cr,
You can definitely fall in love online.... I met a guy almost 5 months ago and we have been in a relationship for almost 3 months now. We have not met cause i'm in the U.S.A. and him in Algeria. He wants to come to the U.S.A. within the year. We are truly in love but am anxious about our first meeting . But you sound like you have fallen in love with this guy. Best Wishes to you !!
shydevil

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:08 am
@NoNe,
You don't love the person with their looks! It all about the feelings you have for them. It nothing different from date online or in real life. Maybe Mr/Miss Right are far away so they both have to meet up and become a real dating.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 12:36 pm
@49erfan,
WELCOME to the forum, fan !

Enjoy it in the best of health.

David
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You may get indigestion. Wink (Just to be clear, I'm not referring to any comments posted in this particular topic. I mean comments and exchanges elsewhere.)

Well, actually, you won't because you're a tough old bird. Smile
0 Replies