Bill Clinton Takes On Fox News

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:34 am
snood wrote:
I think the dark skinned ones should be made to spell Pachycephalosaurus, recite the Preamble to the constitution and the Gettysburg address, and have 5 pieces of picture ID.

Sounds like a good idea. Jorge, it's your turn.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:43 am
BBB
That hole cjhsa is digging is so deep we can hardly hear his pitiful bleatings.

Sometimes, good things happen.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:50 am
Would you like me to say the N-word too BBB?

Political correctness is gay.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:53 am
It's the true dyed in the wool liberals who have dug themselves a huge hole and covered themselves in with multi-culturalism and political correctness. Don't ask me for a rope unless you plan to hang yourself with it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:54 am
BBB should keep to posting her articles.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:56 am
Thats what shes good at. BBB stick to your niche of expertise.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:19 am
Aren't these the same two guys that accused Clinton of protesting too much?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:23 am
Three little hate-mongers sittin' in a tree.....

Doesn't all this childishness bring back our forgotten youth? Sigh, those were the days.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:43 am
Ducky, may all the illegals move into your neighborhood. Make sure and take good care of them too.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:17 am
All this is so last week. this week it's republican congressmen who like the taste of young cock. Try to keep up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:59 pm
factcheck.org (thanks timberlandko) finally weighed in on this

Quote:
Osama Bin Missing: Who's Tried Hardest to Tackle Top Terrorist?
Clinton interview on Fox News leads to spitting match over which President did most to bring Bin Laden down.
October 3, 2006

Summary

In an extraordinary interview with Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace on Sept. 24, former President Bill Clinton took on critics who have questioned why he didn't do more during his time in the White House to eliminate Osama bin Laden. Wallace raised the question because, he said, viewers had demanded that he do so, and Clinton let loose. His responses were a mix of assertions about what his Administration did to rid the world of bin Laden and blasts at conservatives who have criticized his efforts as insufficient. He took a few shots at his host in the process.

Since Wallace's interview, we've received a number of e-mails requesting that we look at Clinton's claims and those of some who have responded to him. We find Clinton's specific factual assertions to be mostly correct, though we neither endorse nor dispute his statements of opinion. It is true for example that Clinton tried to kill Osama bin Laden, and probably missed him only by hours with a cruise-missile barrage in 1998. But we can't judge whether that means Clinton came "closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since," given the Bush administration's near-miss at Tora Bora, Afghanistan in 2001, and the possibility that there have been other, still-classified attempts.

We'll leave it to our readers to judge the accuracy of Clinton's statements that Wallace wore "a little smirk" during the interview, or whether the ABC movie "The Path to 9/11" was the product of a "right-wing conservative."

Analysis

Clinton appeared more than ready to take on his critics. (Transcript available here.) We'll take his statements in order, comparing what he said to the factual record laid out in the final report of The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (The 9/11 Commission), and other specified sources.

http://www.factcheck.org/article444.html
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:18 pm
I admit I read over it quickly but FactCheck.org gave Clinton way too much credit although they mention he might have been wrong now and then. I read over it quickly but FactCheck should have mentioned all we need to know by telling of Clinton pardoning dangerous terrorists just before leaving office. Then remember Berger stuffing classified documents in his pants preparing for the 911 Commission. Also, Clinton himself said "Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America." And remember Clinton shooting off a token missile or missiles into an aspirin factory close to the time of his grand jury testimony?

So people, face the obvious, Clinton could not have cared less about terrorists unless focus group polling said he should, and there was not much pressure to make any waves about it while he was in office, so he did essentially nothing, and in fact pardoned some. Clinton knew this and that is why Wallace got under his skin, or possibly it was all a show he put on to fake his passion about it. I don't know which because the man is a fraud, he had biting his lip down to an art. Remember the laughing that went into instant sorrow at the Ron Brown funeral when he realized the camera was on him?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:25 pm
okie wrote:
Also, Clinton himself said "Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America." And remember Clinton shooting off a token missile or missiles into an aspirin factory close to the time of his grand jury testimony?

Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt, isnt he, in your world?

When he didnt take military action, Clinton was negligent, but when he did take military action against a suspected Al Qaeda target, he got your ridicule and "Wag the Dog" insinuation. Well, you sure made your argument a cosy one for yourself.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:32 pm
nimh wrote:
[Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt, isnt he, in your world?

If he had taken up Sudan's offer, no complaints from me, so I don't know where you get the "damned if he does" accusation, unless its the shooting missiles around the time of his grand jury testimony, yes I admit I think his motives were suspect. Maybe focus groups told him to shoot the missiles for all I know. After all, if a man chooses vacation spots that way, why not shoot missiles according to it? As I said, if he cared about getting terrorists, he would not have pardoned some.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:18 am
okie wrote:
I admit I read over it quickly but FactCheck.org gave Clinton way too much credit although they mention he might have been wrong now and then. I read over it quickly but FactCheck should have mentioned all we need to know by telling of Clinton pardoning dangerous terrorists just before leaving office. Then remember Berger stuffing classified documents in his pants preparing for the 911 Commission. Also, Clinton himself said "Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America." And remember Clinton shooting off a token missile or missiles into an aspirin factory close to the time of his grand jury testimony?

So people, face the obvious, Clinton could not have cared less about terrorists unless focus group polling said he should, and there was not much pressure to make any waves about it while he was in office, so he did essentially nothing, and in fact pardoned some. Clinton knew this and that is why Wallace got under his skin, or possibly it was all a show he put on to fake his passion about it. I don't know which because the man is a fraud, he had biting his lip down to an art. Remember the laughing that went into instant sorrow at the Ron Brown funeral when he realized the camera was on him?

I guess what America really needs is a FactCheckAccordingToOkie.org and then we'd actually have the facts Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:26 am
I believe in common sense. Most "facts" these days aren't.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I guess what America really needs is a FactCheckAccordingToOkie.org and then we'd actually have the facts Laughing

Are any of the points I used in my reasoning not facts? To repeat:

1. - Clinton pardoned terrorists just before leaving office.
2. - Clinton's National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger, was caught stuffing classified documents into his pants in preparation for testifying before the 911 Commission.
3. - Clinton said in his own words in regard to the availability of Osama Bin Laden in Sudan: "Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America."
4. - A missile or missiles were fired into an aspirin factory very close to the time that Clinton testified before the Grand Jury.

As cjhsa pointed out, common sense comes into play. In regard to point #1, it indicates Clinton did not regard terrrorists as very dangerous. In regard to point #2, it indicates the Clinton administration may have had things to hide from the 911 Commission. In regard to #3, it indicates Sudan likely would have handed over Osama Bin Laden to Clinton if Clinton would have accepted him. And #4, we know Clinton did almost everything by focus grouping, and he knew he needed a bump in his image about the time of his lying before the grand jury, so he gave the go ahead to fire the missiles. If the grand jury had not occurred, his previous behavior indicates he likely would not have fired the missiles. Call it wag the dog, whatever, but its a plain common sense evaluation of a twisted personality.

Only the above points are sufficient to come to a conclusion, but obviously the common sense conclusion is based on all events and news, as monitored for 8 years, by okie Smile, which includes far more history than FactCheck.org includes in their little summary. They attempt to put their best foot forward to overcome their own bias, but they come up short. Even with their bias, they admit Clinton was either wrong or very questionable on some points in the interview with Wallace.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:56 am
As to #3 and as Clinton said "we had no basis to hold him". We had no legal basis to hold him. What is it exactly that you wanted Clinton to do and do you think that Bush would have done it.

#4 is nothing but speculation and cynicism. It is equivalent in value to saying Bush attacked Iraq to avenge his father.

You'll need to provide some evidence of #1, and #2 seems wholly irrelevant to the question of whether Clinton or Bush did more to try to get BinLaden.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:55 pm
okie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Are any of the points I used in my reasoning not facts? To repeat:

1. - Clinton pardoned terrorists just before leaving office.
Red Herring.. has nothing to do with the veracity of Clinton's statements.

Quote:
2. - Clinton's National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger, was caught stuffing classified documents into his pants in preparation for testifying before the 911 Commission.
Another red herring, it also has nothing to do with the veracity of Clinton't statements.

Quote:
3. - Clinton said in his own words in regard to the availability of Osama Bin Laden in Sudan: "Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America."
Yeah? And? In 1996 he had committed no crime known to the US. Go read the 9/11 commission report. I don't know what you are trying to say here? That Clinton didn't get him in 1998 because you have evidence he didn't go after him in 1996?

Quote:
4. - A missile or missiles were fired into an aspirin factory very close to the time that Clinton testified before the Grand Jury.

Yes? and? At the same time the missiles were fired at the Sudan. (See your comment about Sudan above) dozens were fired at Afghanistan where it was suspected that Bin Laden was. That directly contradicts any claim he failed to try.
Quote:

As cjhsa pointed out, common sense comes into play. In regard to point #1, it indicates Clinton did not regard terrrorists as very dangerous. In regard to point #2, it indicates the Clinton administration may have had things to hide from the 911 Commission. In regard to #3, it indicates Sudan likely would have handed over Osama Bin Laden to Clinton if Clinton would have accepted him. And #4, we know Clinton did almost everything by focus grouping, and he knew he needed a bump in his image about the time of his lying before the grand jury, so he gave the go ahead to fire the missiles. If the grand jury had not occurred, his previous behavior indicates he likely would not have fired the missiles. Call it wag the dog, whatever, but its a plain common sense evaluation of a twisted personality.
Common sense tells me I can't blame someone for not acting in 1996 for something they didn't know until 1998. I don't know where you and cj got your common sense but it doesn't make much sense and it isn't very common. I would call it borderline psychotic.
Quote:
Only the above points are sufficient to come to a conclusion, but obviously the common sense conclusion is based on all events and news, as monitored for 8 years, by okie Smile,
Only the above points are needed? You better call up the 9/11 commission and inform them they wasted time and money.
Quote:
which includes far more history than FactCheck.org includes in their little summary.
Really? What history did you include that directly related to what Clinton said? You included a lot of unrelated facts and then come to a conclusion you preordained.
Quote:
They attempt to put their best foot forward to overcome their own bias, but they come up short. Even with their bias, they admit Clinton was either wrong or very questionable on some points in the interview with Wallace.
And you don't make any attempt to overcome your bias. You use red herrings and completely unrelated facts to prove what you want to believe. Your "wag the dog" response STILL to Clinton's attempt to kill Bin Laden I guess PROVES you don't really care about getting terrorists, doesn't it? Using your logic it does.
And factcheck shows Condi was wrong on her only response.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 01:12 pm
Good job, blatham, in bringing all your arguments about red herrings, strawmen, and whatever else to this discussion. I will stick to common sense.
0 Replies