Rosie and Extremism

spendius

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 06:00 pm
How many dollars do you have to spare Marion?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 07:14 pm
MarionT wrote:
Right!

If the map shows Israeli settlements,
what about the lands that we stole from the Indians?

Many of the tribes were nomads,
having no concept of realty ownership.

Quote:

But only a Democratic Congress and President
will work on restoring those lands to its rightful owners, if not in kind then in dollars.

I remember that election thief KENNEDY

DISGRACING the word of George Washington
in a peace treaty that we established with an Indian tribe
( whose name I don 't remember ) whereby we granted them
permanent use of designated land " as long as the sun shall rise
and the rivers flow "; Kennedy screwed them
saying something along the line of that thay had
it long enuf. Trust a liberal to be a cheat;
if he is NOT a cheater, then he cannot be a liberal.

Quote:

That is why the conservatives must be defeated in November.
Power to the People!!

America belongs to its CONSERVATIVES.
We shud throw out the alien collectivist philosophy.
David
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 09:48 pm
Why do we give so much credibility to sexually deviant talking heads? Rosie should be in therapy, not on TV.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:01 pm
Another example of the Bush Doctrine on hatred of gays. Bushie and his crowd will never let gays have what they must have under the constitution, and that is equal treatment under the law.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:13 pm
Really? You wanna blame Bush for that too?

Why do you think the ERA was never passed?

Sexual deviance deserves no protection under the law. It deserves prosecution, particularly when it is made public and is used to influence our youth.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:15 pm
Sexual deviance? What is sexual deviance? Is it oral sex? If so, you would have to jail most of the citizens of the USA.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:18 pm
What are you, like twelve?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:19 pm
Sexual deviance? What is sexual deviance? Is it oral sex? If so, you would have to jail most of the citizens of the USA.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:23 pm
Well, for me, it is pretty damn obvious. Maybe not for you - but that doesn't surprise me.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:49 pm
MarionT wrote:
Another example of the Bush Doctrine on hatred of gays. Bushie and his crowd will never let gays have what they must have under the constitution, and that is equal treatment under the law.

Marion,
as a true liberal,
u r TWISTING the Constitution
into making it say what u wish it said,
like beating a square peg into a round hole.

Granted that GOVERNMENT shud treat homosexuals
the same as others;
it does not require the citizens among themselves
to do so.

Thay r still free each man to make up his own mind.

David
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:52 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Why do we give so much credibility to sexually deviant talking heads? Rosie should be in therapy, not on TV.

So, in the interest of clarity - are you saying gay people are deviant?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:56 pm
They don't know a thing about gay people, Snood. Someone tried to denigrate RuPaul. Anyone who knows him knows that he is a marvelous human being who has contributed tons of money to charities all over the world. The Bushies hate gay people but that will not last. When John Conyers takes over the chairmanship of the Judiciary committee in the House after the Democrats take back the majority in that body, the born again bigots and haters will be brought to justice.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:02 pm
Shaddup, possum - ya goofy troll-ass geek.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:06 pm
They don't know a thing about gay people, Snood. Someone tried to denigrate RuPaul. Anyone who knows him knows that he is a marvelous human being who has contributed tons of money to charities all over the world. The Bushies hate gay people but that will not last. When John Conyers takes over the chairmanship of the Judiciary committee in the House after the Democrats take back the majority in that body, the born again bigots and haters will be brought to justice.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:02 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
MarionT wrote:
Right!

If the map shows Israeli settlements,
what about the lands that we stole from the Indians?

Many of the tribes were nomads,
having no concept of realty ownership.

and many others did, so what is your point other to show your ass and damned ignorance in public? Why don't you stop playing with your guns a while and learn a little history and read up on the Albany Plan of 1754, from whence and where it arose and how Franklin used it to help Madison father the US Constitution

But only a Democratic Congress and President
will work on restoring those lands to its rightful owners, if not in kind then in dollars.
I remember that election thief KENNEDY

as I well remember Bush's, but I didn't hear you squawking about that. apparently you liked that theft, hypocrite

OmSigDAVID wrote:
DISGRACING the word of George Washington
in a peace treaty that we established with an Indian tribe
( whose name I don 't remember ) whereby we granted them
permanent use of designated land " as long as the sun shall rise
and the rivers flow "; Kennedy screwed them
saying something along the line of that thay had
it long enuf. Trust a liberal to be a cheat;
if he is NOT a cheater, then he cannot be a liberal.[/b][/color][/size]

I mean, really, how screwed up can you possibly be? You post nonsensical remarks of which you can't even remember the details.

Attack Andy Jackson vs the Cherokee or Seminoles if you must, just please get it right once in a while.

Quote:
That is why the conservatives must be defeated in November.
Power to the People!!

America belongs to its CONSERVATIVES.
We shud throw out the alien collectivist philosophy.
David

The United States of America, God bless her name, never "belonged" to Conservatives. Conservative traitors like you were kicked out of this country when the liberals won our American Revolution. Had you lived in those days you would have been a Tory who supported the British Crown and would have hung as traitors Paul Revere, George Washington, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson had you the chance. You are no patriot, you are a traitor to our Revolution. You don't even believe in freedom and liberty. All you believe in is your own personal greed.

and you're so screwed up on your history that you fail to know that our form of constitutional government is based upon the premises of the preamble that espouses collectivist security
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:49 am
I wud take issue with u Kuvasz,
but your ad hominem venom
betokens a state of hysterical confusion that defies logic.

I don 't choose to argue with Gracie Allen; forget it.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:57 am
MarionT wrote:

So,
according to u, Marion,
if someone HATES,
then the chairman of a congressional committee
shud bring him to justice ?

Is hate the only illegal emotion,
according to u ? or are there other prohibited emotions ?

If a Jew hates nazis,
shud he be " brought to justice " for HATING ??

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:08 am
Let's begin with what I believe is a given: individually, radical extremists who murder, maim and destroy in the name of the Christian faith are every bit as dangerous as those who do so in the name of Islam.

However, it is clear that Muslim extremists represent a greater and more widespread threat to humanity than do their Christian soul-mates. This is not, in any way, to excuse Christian extremists or to imply that Christianity is somehow superior to Islam. It is simple reality.

The simple fact is that the number of violent crimes committed in the name of Christianity pales in comparison to those committed in the name of Islam.

There is every reason to decry Christian extremism whether it be the murder of doctors who perform abortions, the bombing of abortion clinics, or the disruption of military funerals. Christians who call for the deaths of homosexuals and idolaters, are no less repugnant that Muslims who call for the death of Danish cartoonists, and the Pope. However, this sort of behavior is not at all common to Christian cultures, while, I'm sorry to say, it is within Islamic cultures.

It's not the religions involved, it is the current cultures. The history of Christianity is chock full of horrendous crimes against humanity: The Crusades and The Inquisition are but two examples.

The fundamental difference between the Christian world and the Islamic world is the degree to which the cultures that comprise these worlds have evolved.

It is simply foolish to insist that in a discussion of current day Islamic extremism that we give equal consideration to Christian extremism. Major cities throughout the world have not, of late, suffered violent attacks by Christian extremists. Jihadis outnumber Crusaders by a vast margin. The major newspapers and magazines around the world are not running front page or cover stories on Christian extremist violence. The "Piss Christ" did not launch riots or demonstrations in the cities of the West, nor did recent explicit and implicit threats made against the life of the Pope...by muslims.

I suppose one might argue that this disparity of awareness is simply a result of the bias of a Western dominated world news media. One would be wrong, of course, but such an argument is to be expected from certain quarters.

Rosie O'Donnell has understandable reason to fear and loath extremist Christians, and, again, on an individual basis there is little reason to differentiate them from their Islamic counterparts, but clearly she, as have others in this forum, is making the not so subtle suggestion that the state of Christian extremism is every bit as pervasive and menacing as Islamic extremism, and this is simply not true.

As far as the subject which is dear to Rosie's heart goes, at it's least tolerant, Western (Christian) societies are debating only on whether or not gay and lesbian couples should have the right to legally sanctioned marriage. In Middle-Eastern (Muslim) societies, if there is at all a debate it is whether or not they should be jailed or stoned. On its current path, it will be another century or two before the Middle East even considers the question of same sex marriages.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:38 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Let's begin with what I believe is a given: individually, radical extremists who murder, maim and destroy in the name of the Christian faith are every bit as dangerous as those who do so in the name of Islam.

However, it is clear that Muslim extremists represent a greater and more widespread threat to humanity than do their Christian soul-mates. This is not, in any way, to excuse Christian extremists or to imply that Christianity is somehow superior to Islam. It is simple reality.

The simple fact is that the number of violent crimes committed in the name of Christianity pales in comparison to those committed in the name of Islam.

There is every reason to decry Christian extremism whether it be the murder of doctors who perform abortions, the bombing of abortion clinics, or the disruption of military funerals. Christians who call for the deaths of homosexuals and idolaters, are no less repugnant that Muslims who call for the death of Danish cartoonists, and the Pope. However, this sort of behavior is not at all common to Christian cultures, while, I'm sorry to say, it is within Islamic cultures.

It's not the religions involved, it is the current cultures. The history of Christianity is chock full of horrendous crimes against humanity: The Crusades and The Inquisition are but two examples.

The fundamental difference between the Christian world and the Islamic world is the degree to which the cultures that comprise these worlds have evolved.

It is simply foolish to insist that in a discussion of current day Islamic extremism that we give equal consideration to Christian extremism. Major cities throughout the world have not, of late, suffered violent attacks by Christian extremists. Jihadis outnumber Crusaders by a vast margin. The major newspapers and magazines around the world are not running front page or cover stories on Christian extremist violence. The "Piss Christ" did not launch riots or demonstrations in the cities of the West, nor did recent explicit and implicit threats made against the life of the Pope...by muslims.

I suppose one might argue that this disparity of awareness is simply a result of the bias of a Western dominated world news media. One would be wrong, of course, but such an argument is to be expected from certain quarters.

Rosie O'Donnell has understandable reason to fear and loath extremist Christians, and, again, on an individual basis there is little reason to differentiate them from their Islamic counterparts, but clearly she, as have others in this forum, is making the not so subtle suggestion that the state of Christian extremism is every bit as pervasive and menacing as Islamic extremism, and this is simply not true.

As far as the subject which is dear to Rosie's heart goes, at it's least tolerant, Western (Christian) societies are debating only on whether or not gay and lesbian couples should have the right to legally sanctioned marriage. In Middle-Eastern (Muslim) societies, if there is at all a debate it is whether or not they should be jailed or stoned. On its current path, it will be another century or two before the Middle East even considers the question of same sex marriages.

Good job, Find Abuzz.
U have assessed the state of affairs accurately.
David
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 07:26 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I wud take issue with u Kuvasz,
but your ad hominem venom
betokens a state of hysterical confusion that defies logic.

I don 't choose to argue with Gracie Allen; forget it.
David

Oh, nice try weaseling. Don't have your little pop guns to protect your bad craziness on-line?

And you might try reading your own words, cowboy. As a liberal I responded to your own lying and venom attacking liberals as cheats. And I note how twisted your mind is, since you just accused yourself of hysterical behavior, you friggin' Brainiac. You are just like most right wing bullies. You can dish it out but cannot take it in return. Its likely why you are such a gun nut too.

btw thank you, actually Gracie Allen was the brains of the duo, you on the other hand are a grotesque combination of Joe and Charlie MacCarthy, but considering your phonetics, perhaps with a touch of Mortimer Snerd.

Now go back to fondling your guns and tumescing over them.
0 Replies