I'm confused about men - again

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:40 pm
Quote:
Yeah feeling strangely optimistic for some reason.

Ignoring reality for a month of "Let's Pretend" is exhausting.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:54 am
Not pretending Noddy. Never been good at hiding my feelings.

Things have been so **** for the last couple of years that surely they can only get better.

x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
DP--

Ever done any amateur theatre? Sometimes you have to cast a weak leading man because all you have to choose from are weak actors.

Men are nice to have around the house, but I've never heard of a woman dying from testosterone withdrawal. You want a lover. Don't settle for a letch. Romp with the letch, if you like--just don't promote him to soulmate.

Is he one of the first guys that you've chucked out of your life? I note that he got the heave-ho before your emotions were all tangled up in the relationship. I think you're learning how to play the dating game--skill leads to optimism.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 04:38 pm
Must sound like I'm learning. Embarrassed

If only he was the first man I've chucked out of my life (all that wasted time).

thanks Noddy
x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 04:48 pm
DP--

Your radar is getting speedier and speedier. By springtime you won't be wasting any time on frogs.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 07:21 pm
DP,
I'm sorry to hear the frustration that you are dealing with. I guess in the long run that this guy was just not good enough for your wonderful self.
Don't lower your expectations and just settle. You know that you are worth so much more! Smile
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 05:18 am
that's a lovely thing to say, thanks Martybarker. x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 03:32 pm
Take any notice of that stuff DP and things will never improve.

You wrote this on another thread which has 110,000 views and debates a matter of great importance-

Quote:
Don't bother, it's well boring.

Saying things like that interests nobody apart from it telling them that you are self-centred.

I knew a woman years ago who said things like that. You should see her now.

If something bores you keep quiet about it. Offer a pleasantry.

You might learn that other people are as important to themselves as you are to yourself.

The old Frank Harris adage that if things are going wrong it is your own fault is as true today as when he wrote it.

You can start progressing from that. Cheap flattery will take you backwards.

You will be "somewhere" in 10 years and in 20 years and so on. Only you can decide what you would settle for and your responsibilities for a child are such that security and stabilty should be most important.

Whether you know it or not, and whether you believe it or not, men are very wary of a woman with a child. It means you bring to a relationship an aircraft-carrier full of baggage of one sort or another and often accompanied by a deep sense of injustice. Very few men will seek to saddle themselves with that-rightly or wrongly.

You need to see yourself and the world as it is not as you wish it to be.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
Quote:
Whether you know it or not, and whether you believe it or not, men are very wary of a woman with a child. It means you bring to a relationship an aircraft-carrier full of baggage of one sort or another and often accompanied by a deep sense of injustice. Very few men will seek to saddle themselves with that-rightly or wrongly.

You need to see yourself and the world as it is not as you wish it to be.

Is this how the world is truely or how you see it Spendius?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 03:42 pm
If men are wary of women with children then how should women feel about men who leave their partners with children to go boink someone else?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 03:44 pm
I HAVE to believe that there are great men out there who appreciate an individual woman for who she is and what she stands for with or without being the amazing person who sacrificed her body and alot of free time to give birth, nurture and raise another beautiful human being.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 05:04 pm
It was written-

Quote:
If men are wary of women with children then how should women feel about men who leave their partners with children to go boink someone else?

I have no idea darling.

I'm a bloke not a woman.

Would you like me to have an operation to reverse my polarities so that I can be rendered more amenable to your wandering desires.

A woman once told me that the answer to your question is to make good and sure that he was worn out enough for the pips in his balls to rattle. She said he wouldn't be interested in "boinking" The Queen of Sheba if you fixed that.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:03 pm
Quote:
Would you like me to have an operation to reverse my polarities so that I can be rendered more amenable to your wandering desires.

I'll leave that decision to you.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 03:09 am
Right there is the problem.

The swift and easy, dismissive sarcasm takes precedence over any attempt to come to terms.

Men with any confidence just walk away.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 03:52 am
As if I would ever listen to advice from someone as clearly deranged as you spendius.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:02 am
Give it time Dot... "Lots" of time. Don't put out until you are SURE... That is the test.

Honest love and true soul mates are in no hurry.

No grudges, just time. Smile

Real friendship and respect is the goal not just sex.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:32 am
DP wrote-

Quote:
As if I would ever listen to advice from someone as clearly deranged as you spendius.

Suit yourself Dot. You're the one who said life had been **** for two years and had a nightmare in London. And you are the one who is "confused about men--AGAIN!!"

How are you going to become unconfused if a man who tries to unconfuse you (only very slightly mind) is then gratuitously labelled "deranged".

And your slanderous assertion is not only incorrect and bad manered but takes you nowhere. It is an empty assertion.

Rex has offered you some good advice.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:46 am
RexReed wrote:

Quote:
Give it time Dot... "Lots" of time. Don't put out until you are SURE... That is the test.

No grudges, just time.

However heartfelt and genuine that reply is, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiments - and I AM overlooking the fact that it comes from a self-confessed religious fanatic.

It's a lovely comment, but not real, IMHO.

DP is an adult woman and as such, can chose the time to make a relationship sexual whenever she wants. Abstinence does not mean better, more moral or dare I say it, 'holier'.

It is an old fashioned and patriarchal POV, but will, no doubt have people clambering to concur.

DP chooses to seek advice, or to 'measure' her feelings about current issues in her life, here on A2K - that is her right as a member. Of course it's Rex's right to post that comment, but the term 'put out' shocks me! It's crude, given the context of the message.

If DP were a man, the replies would be different.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:29 am
smorgs wrote:
RexReed wrote:

Quote:

No grudges, just time.

However heartfelt and genuine that reply is, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiments - and I AM overlooking the fact that it comes from a self-confessed religious fanatic.

It's a lovely comment, but not real, IMHO.

DP is an adult woman and as such, can chose the time to make a relationship sexual whenever she wants. Abstinence does not mean better, more moral or dare I say it, 'holier'.

It is an old fashioned and patriarchal POV, but will, no doubt have people clambering to concur.

DP chooses to seek advice, or to 'measure' her feelings about current issues in her life, here on A2K - that is her right as a member. Of course it's Rex's right to post that comment, but the term 'put out' shocks me! It's crude, given the context of the message.

If DP were a man, the replies would be different.

A "grown" woman should not be shocked by the words "put out"....

And what is wrong about being old fashoned?

You have been watching too much "sex in the city"...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:34 pm
spendius wrote:
Right there is the problem.

The swift and easy, dismissive sarcasm takes precedence over any attempt to come to terms.

Men with any confidence just walk away.

Come to terms with exactly what? Agreeing with your personal opinion?
0 Replies