Bill O'Reilly is Crazy Like a Fox

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:28 pm
The pot has now called the kettle black, we can all proceed with business as usual . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:32 pm
Keegan "I think most left wingers/liberals/democrats are a waste of space."
when you walk in the door guns ablazing its not a good omen of things to come.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:41 pm
'Crazy like a Fox' has built a 10-6 lead.

I would hate to have to change the name of the thread again...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:50 pm
Keegan, Welcome to A2K. Glad to see you have immediately participated in this forum. Just one comment: I think it's unfair to paint one party with one stroke of paint. Some conservatives have a liberal bent, and visa-versa. What those bents are can differ from one issue to the next. Just thought I'd toss that out for your consideration. c.i.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:00 pm
Keegan: I guess I am just trying to say, generally, that if you give some reference or specific examples to back up your comments, usually it does seem to give weight to your point and give you a little more merit in your point.

Rolling Eyes excuuuuuuuse me, but simply writing long posts doesn't qualify as "some reference or specific example to back up" anything! Rolling Eyes

But, welcome anyway, Keegan; diversity is always the way to go!
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:11 pm
My references to how many liberals debate was in direct correlation with Al Frankens responses to Bill O'Reilly. Question with a question. I assumed most were familiar with the exchanges.

You are right, long posts do not quantify a solidity of evidence for ones case.

Although, the proof was in the pudding so to speak on this one.

Yes some conservatives have liberal twists, simply because we all vary on issues somewhat. So in that respect we certainly agree. I think maybe I am referring to the more leftwing extremists, but I think my statement(s) was a fairly reasonable blanket statement.

Dyslexia, so are you saying I should make everyone my friend on a forum before speaking the truth of my opinion? I am not saying my perspectives or opinions are better. In fact I stated that everyone is entitled to their own.

I think it is interesting how we all vary in our political positioning, although we all seem to be catagorized as either conservative or liberal.

I began to wonder, what comedians are registered republicans? Maybe Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Ryan Styles... I think Drew Carey is libertarian.

Howard Stern seems to ride the politcal fence. I am sure Billy Crystal is surely a Democrat, probably gets along great with Al Franken.

Just more food for thought.

Generally, liberals annoy me. I was so glad when Donahue was taken off of the air.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:25 pm
How very indiscreet and insensitive of liberals . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:15 pm
First of all, Franken did not "respond" to O'Reilly. His comments were an all-out, full-frontal verbal ASSAULT on O'Reilly. And there has never ever been anyone more deserving, IMO.

Keegan, you come into this board hurling broad insults at liberals, under the sanctimonious cover that they somehow deserve it because "they act like they know what conservatives think", or "they cater to the slothful and soakers of society". Well, that's all fine and dandy, but listen up - THAT AIN'T WHAT THE HELL THE FRANKEN/O'REILLY CONFRONTATION ON C-SPAN WAS ABOUT!!! You can have all the one-dimentional, comfortably stereotyped biases you want about "liberals"; I don't even
care if you choose to flaunt your abysmmal ignorance by parading them here, but Al Franken was simply selling a book, just like O'Reilly and Ivins. The subject of HIS book just HAPPENED to be LIARS. A prime example that was just BEGGING to be unearthed was the DOOZY that O'Reilly tried to pass off about his "Peabody" - and this was made even more irresistable by the fact that O'Reilly tries to come off like such a squeaky clean, junior G-man champion of the people.

Liberals answer questions with questions? Liberals dodge issues? Well, you don't get to DEFINE this particular issue, good buddy! The frikkin issue is, Bill O'Reilly got caught in a baldassed lie, and not one of you self-righteous throwbacks on the right can account for it like a man!!
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:44 pm
Hey Ralph,

Bill O'Reilly announced numerous times on his own show that he had made that mistake. It was only "Big" news to the liberals that were not already aware.

That does not explain why Al went gratuitously 20 minutes over his alloted time.

That is what the confrontation was about, and Al was in the wrong.

Pretty simple really.

-Keeg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:52 pm
I will say that as proud as I was that Al Franken busted Bill's balls, and as impressed as I always am with Molly Ivins, I was still angered by their letting slide several reeking, snarling, nasty lies O'Reilly spewed sitting there on the dais.

Such as, "I'm not here to call anybody names..." then proceed to call Franken an idiot.

And when he insisted that it is not government's role to help people. (Molly did call him on that 'corporate management is better than governmental management' crapola, to her credit).

I mean, why couldn't one of them have said, "Bill, this past week didn't the FCC pass deregulations which would allow your boss, Rupert Murdoch, to become more powerful and wealthy? Isn't that an example of government helping an individual? Why is it okay for the government to relax regulations which allow corporations to gain in power and influence and profit, but it's not okay for government to help the little guy?"

(No, I didn't think of it spot-on, either, but they're supposed to be smarter than me...)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:19 pm
O'reilly never said he made a mistake - he had a chance to say that, on several occasions. What he says is that he "misspoke" - suggesting that what he meant (on the several different occasions he mentioned the Peabody), was that he had something to do with winning a Polk award. Which was also false, because the damn thing went to a show he'd left a year earlier. But that's okay. He was seen for the snarling lowlife he is, and its also pretty obvious that those who defend him have their integrity issues, as well.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:25 pm
Snood,

You are clearly lost in a fog of siding with the lefties.

If he said he mispoke that is adequate, considering he has already corrected himself numerous times in the past.

Very apathetic Snood. You are pretty typical on the liberal side. The only side is your liberal side. You are down with all conservatives.

Blatant one sidedness is foolishness.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:32 pm
Rush Limbaugh IS a big fat idiot. But Franken's jokes were not about Limbaugh's size. The book was hilarious..........but only if you dislike Rush and his politics.

There were jokes in Franken's book that were not aimed at Rush or Newt (ever wondered about that name, if it's not descriptive?) He told a really funny joke about Al Gore.

Let's see if it's repeatable. I'll do it from memory because I don't want to take the time to walk the profoundly long distance to the other end of my upper East Side apartment to my library to get it. But this will be close enough.

Franken asked Tipper if he should tell this joke at the annual roast of politicians, I forget the name of it. Franken was the honored comedian. This is the joke: The environment would enjoy a considerable savings if Al Gore changed the stick up his bum only once a week rather than every day.

(Tipper advised against Franken telling this joke, so he didn't.) :-)

See, Franken is an equal opportunity joker, after all.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:40 pm
I think Rush Limbaugh is far too educated and intelligent to be an idiot.

As for his weight... Hmmm seems to me there a lot of overweight people in politics in general and in the media, and entertainment. When you start judging people for their weight then you really are showing your own shallow side.

Don't you have some ice cream to eat to go puke up your evening dinner or do you stick to baby food so it doesn't hurt your throat as much? Why does it seem like Belemic and Bitch always seem to go hand and hand.

Tell Ms. Clinton I said "Hi!"

Al Frankens books are sold off of the coat tails of names that others have carved for themselves. Pretty spineless tactic if you ask me. Maybe because his books wouldn't sell so well sporting a title with Al Franken in it. Or possibly he can't rely upon his own material enough to find a market for it.

Al is sort of doing what a lot of democrats are doing. Democrats sell out to a wide audience to get votes to get into office, Al is selling out to Democrats and liberals to sell his books.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Al really didn't mean any of the sh*t he writes and just does it to get his books sold?

Now that would be comical. I think, then, Al would get the last laugh.

-Keeg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:00 pm
Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:01 pm
But mostly, he's an idiot
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:03 pm
Oh, I almost forgot.

Welcome Keegan........nice to have a new participant.
0 Replies

Keegan

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:05 pm
Hey uhhmm errr thanks I think...

-Keeg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:06 pm
welcome to the stew
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:08 pm
Keegan, I'm just curious, what do you think Rush's education merits are?
0 Replies