What causes racial hatred: racists or racial friction?

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:01 am
Phoenix: Supposing for the moment, as you have suggested, that we have "enough racial diversity". what would you propose to do about it?

Good question. Of course, seeing the truth and making decisions based upon truth and not dogma has its own apparent benifits.

If America has generated enough racists and racial friction we should end immigration, in my opinion.

You see, this is the danger of ignorance. If we are simply generating racial hatred by increasing racial diversity, when will the benifits of multi-culturalism be outweighed? We must look for balance. Right?

Do we really want to become as bad as multi-cultural Israel or Brazil?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:07 am
Edgar: If they racially divided everybody they would send members of my family off like a sack of kicked jellybeans.

The point of this thread was not to advocate racially dividing everybody, but to point out the cause of racial hatred.

We must value truth over dogma right?

Edgar, part of the danger of being ignorant about this is that we will not be able to make an intelligent decision concerning how much racial hatred America can take before the benifits of multi-culturalism are outweighed.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:08 am
Joseph,

Brazil is more multicultural but there is a whole lot less racial tension than in the US.

Mainly due to the lower levels of persons who indulge in thinking such as yours.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:10 am
Truth over dogma is a nice ideal that you should try. You have been flexible with the truth and liberal with the dogma.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:12 am
Basically, JosephMorgan, you do, as Phoenix has put it, have an agenda. You've taken nothing from the responses you've gotten, you just came here to rant on about your pet theory, which has been shredded by the others here. You continue to suggest that Isreal is in the grip of racial warfare, despite the complete bankruptcy of the concept--in fact you continue to assert this despite acknowledging that all concerned are semitic. It takes a piece of really pathetic mental gymnastics to have come up with your specious commentary about racial hatred within racial groups. Of course, you also continue to ignore what i pointed out to you earlier, that the Israeli situation is a product of a very specific historical context which now stretches from the late nineteenth into the early twenty-first century. You keep posting the word right, as in "Right?" No, you're not right. You're as wrong as child molestation. Because you are expressing a complete load of horse manure to justify your deepest agenda, which you will not acknowledge for what it is--YOUR racial hatred. You've intended from the outset to steer this toward a condemnation of immigration, because you're the one who hates for racist reasons. You've got not a single citation amongst your litany of hateful ranting to support your a priori assumptions, and i rather doubt that you could supply any arguments from acceptable authority to support this diatribe.

You're a sad case, Bubba--someone eaten up by his own hate.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

We are asked to assume that racial monotone would result in less strife.

Then answer this:

Iceland and Japan are devoid of racially-motivated rapes, murders, assaults, robberies, housing discrimination, and job discrimination. They are mono-racial.

Israel and Brazil are saturated with racial cruelty and hate. They are highly multi-cultural and multi-racial.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Quote:
If we are simply generating racial hatred by increasing racial diversity

JosephMorgan- I think that you have come to a conclusion based on your own perception, with no facts to back it up.

The US is a nation of immigrants. There is a history of hostility of the newest wave of immigrants, which then settles down as the new citizens become part of the mainstream. Then a new group comes in, and the process starts all over again.

The only way that the US could become homogenous is for all of us to return to where our ancestors came from, and return the land to the Native Americans. Then again, somewhere in the mists of time, the Native Americans probably came from somewhere else, so maybe we should all clear out. Then there would be no racial disharmony at all! Laughing
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:18 am
Phoenix: The only way that the US could become homogenous is for all of us to return to where our ancestors came from.

The purpose of this thread is not to advocate racial separation. The purpose is to create understanding about the combustability that is created by multi-racial environments, so that as a society we can make intelligent decisions in this area.

With this very important and volitile issue, it is paramount that we, as a society, value truth rather than some politically correct dogma. I think we are part of a tradition that pursues understanding in this way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:20 am
JosephMorgan wrote:

Israel and Brazil are saturated with racial cruelty and hate. They are highly multi-cultural and multi-racial.

BS, in Brazil there is a lot less in way of racially motivated crime than the US.

As to Isreal a territorial dispute is the cause of the problem, not diversity.

Quit whining about "politically correct" and try "factually correct" for a change.

Truth obver dogma and all that..
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:24 am
Santanta: Well, i'll chime in with an example: Toronto.

Canada is up in arms about the racial hatred that exists there. You will find innumerable commissions, agencies, web pages, etc., that are growing in number in order to stop racial hatred in Canada. They decry the job and housing discrimination, the hate crimes, the abusive language. Are they all lying?

Why are Canadians battling racial hatred, if there is no racial hatred there?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:24 am
Quote:
The purpose is to create understanding about the combustability that is created by multi-racial environments, so that as a society we can make intelligent decisions in this area.

JosephMorgan- I'll bite. What sort of decisions would you advocate?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:31 am
He already tipped his hand, Phoenix, he wants to end immigration. This "mono-racial society" bullshit carries the stench of white supremacy. It would be interesting to know just precisely where he comes up with his claptrap upon which he bases his statements about racially-motivated crime (he's fixated on rape--shades of the resurgent Klu Klux Klan lynchings of the late 19th and early 20th centuries!). My guess is he gets it from white supremicist literature and/or web sites. Absent any substantiation on his part, anyone here would be a fool to accept his base premises about the motivations for crime--and my bet is that if he provides the sources he used, they will be revealed to be of a racist, white-supremicist origin.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:31 am
Craven: Brazil is more multicultural but there is a whole lot less racial tension than in the US.

Brazil exists as 2 societies. The north is incredibly poor and composed of mainly Indians and blacks, who live in Third World conditions, with a history of brutal oppression by the white Hispanics. The whites live largely in the South, in relatively prosperous conditions.

Indians throughout South America are battling subjugation by the Whites. Death squads, race wars... The extreme differences in income between the whites and non-whites there have not existed in America since slavery.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:33 am
Oh my God, i nearly spit coffee all over the CRT--now he's telling Craven about Brasil. Let's get Steissd over here, and then he can tell him what Israel is all about.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:40 am
Craven: As to Isreal a territorial dispute is the cause of the problem, not diversity.

Yes, a territorial dispute based upon racial identity. We are Jews; Israel is for Jews. We are Palestinians; Israel, (Palestine), is for Palestinians.

When the whites conquered North America, that was a territorial dispute. Right? Wasn't that based upon race? When the Serbians tried to ethnically cleanse Kosvo, that was based upon race. Yes, one of the dangers of racism is territorial disputes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:42 am
Well, he's not listening. I'll not waste any more time on him. My advice to others is that you'll get nowhere with him, and you waste your time here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:46 am
This is a meaningless thread.

Essentially the same arguments Joe is using could be used to logically show that if we kill everyone in a particular country and there is no one left alive -- there will be no racial hatred or friction there.

I guess in a purely clinical way -- it could be shown to be logically consistent and true -- BUT SO WHAT?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:51 am
Setanta: You've intended from the outset to steer this toward a condemnation of immigration, because you're the one who hates for racist reasons.

I condemn racial hatred. I condemn those who wish to spread racial hatred.

I condemn those who value dogma over truth.

The purpose of this thread was not to condemn "immigration," but to get people to stop confusing the cause of something with the symptom.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:51 am
Joseph,

I have lived in both the north and south of Brazil for years. Incidentally the Brazilians refer to the part that you call north as the north east.

Yes the north tends to be darker and poorer than the south. The south has most of Brazil's money. True. But this is simply due to the fact that there is one street in Brail that has over 50% of the country's money. I used to live on that street and it is a more multicutural place than you can imagine. Without racially motivated crime.

I repeat, Brazil has far less in way of racially motivated crime than the US.

It's not just "Indians and blacks" that live in third world conditions. The entire population do. It's a third world country you goober! :-)

I've lived in the north, it's poorer but since it has less cultural diversity than Sao Paulo I guess that means less cultural diversity means more poverty so we shouldn't have racial monotone or we will all be poor. LOL

Frank,

I do not think JoesephMorgan has the ability to demonstrate logical consitency with this line of thinking. He iwll have to continue to repeat untrue "facts" and ignore the overwhelming evidence against his pet theory.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:57 am
JosephMorgan- I'll bite. What sort of decisions would you advocate?

I would start with a nationwide dialogue on this point I'm making. Racial hatred is the most perenially talked about subject in America. We seem to shout stop the hate more and more. We see the scars that racial hatred leaves on a society.

If we are mistaking the symptom for the cause we are acting irresponsibly and dangerously.
0 Replies