What causes racial hatred: racists or racial friction?

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:59 pm
Craven: I won't be back to play "let's justify ethnic cleansing and segregation through simple minded ignorance" with you.

A society that chooses to replace cult dogma with objective reasoning is doomed to problems.

I am merely making an observation about what causes racial hatred. Denying truth because it is uncomfortable is dangerous.

Historically, how many people have simply told the truth and have been demonized?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 05:02 pm
imposter: Somebody already answered your question. The answer is "ignorance."

Then you answer my question. Does multi-cultural Israel boil over with racial hatred and cruelty because the Jews and Palestinians are "ignorant"?

Then answer this, is mono-racial Iceland free of racial hatred because she is enlightened?
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 05:11 pm
Since I seem to be ignored.....

Okay, what causes racial hatred?

Ignorance = lack of education, lack of tolerance, lack of being taught that we are all the same ~ we are human beings.

Until this is realised, we will never have racial peace in this world. Until you can change every single person's opinion, we will never have racial peace.

Good luck, JosephMorgan.
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 05:46 pm
Silence.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sat 31 May, 2003 06:11 pm
me
JosephMorgan wrote:
Craven: I won't be back to play "let's justify ethnic cleansing and segregation through simple minded ignorance" with you.

A society that chooses to replace cult dogma with objective reasoning is doomed to problems.

I am merely making an observation about what causes racial hatred. Denying truth because it is uncomfortable is dangerous.

Historically, how many people have simply told the truth and have been demonized?

Joseph,

I do not think you have demonstrated anything remotely near "objective reasoning" and "truth".

I do not " demonize" you because your odd take on "truth" is "uncomfortable".

I simply find your thinking devoid of reason and your "truth" to be far from it. And do not wish to play.

Of course I can see how you'd like to believe that your opinion is the "truth" and everyone is too "uncomfortable" to see your "objective reasoning".

Your "reasoning" makes no sense. Racial monotone is only acheived through the most drastic forms of "racial tension". That is just one reason why the notion you put forward is lacking in common sense.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 31 May, 2003 06:34 pm
Your theses bear a strong resemblance to what happens when someone decides that something is so, and then sets out to prove it, with a cavalier disregard for the truth. Eldridge Cleaver is hardly to be equated with the "run-of-the-mill" rapists, and most black rapists rape black women; those who rape women of other races do so out of simple opportunity. However, your core thesis, which you stated at the outset, is irredeamably flawed. You equate the troubles in Palestine with racial hatred. Nothing could be further from the truth. Apart from selecting a single animus as the cause being a childishly oversimplified means of explaining a complex situation rooted in centuries of very specific historical context, it rests upon a patently false base premise. Jews and Arabs are the same race--they are both semitic people. They are, by their own cultural/historical accounts, descended from Abraham; but whether or not that were accurate, it is certain that Jew and Arab alike are semites, and to describe the war there as being racially motivated is not just wrong, it is a display of monumental ignorance.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sat 31 May, 2003 06:56 pm
Setanta picked up on one of the more obvious factual errors in this thesis.

I wouldn't have bothered because there is no factual basis whatsoever presented thus far.

We are asked to assume that racial monotone would result in less strife. No facts are given to support this conclusion and the conclusion is one that when moved from theory to practice would simply BE the source of the tension.
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 07:01 pm
The source of tension ~ getting every single person to change their opinion. Based on the opinions of others. Something bigger than that of racism.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 31 May, 2003 07:07 pm
Some people just have a need to put a "racial" tag on anything that's anti-social behavior. It's a kind of myopia that can't be corrected with surgery. c.i.
0 Replies

nimh

Sat 31 May, 2003 07:19 pm
Since you insist on using these examples twice:

JosephMorgan wrote:
-- multi-cultural, multi-racial Israel boils over with hatred.

-- mono-racial Iceland does not suffer from race related murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, job discrimination, and housing discrimination.

I've come to the conclusion that the answers here are self-evident.

Albania is practically mono-racial. Had a civil war in 97, crime and violence is rampant. Malaysia is multicultural, multi-racial. Low crime rate, low violence.

Example - counter-example. Nothing much self-evident there.

And to just pick up on one more fallacy, allow me this piss-take

(with apologies to Craven, who wrote much more interesting things in re: of a question of mine on another thread, which I still have to read through again and answer):

JosephMorgan wrote:
Racial hatred, by definition, cannot exist in a mono-racial community. How many women are raped for racially motivated reasons in a community that is 100% oriental or white?

Sex crime cannot exist in a mono-gender community. How many men or women are raped or murdered for sexist reasons in a community that is 100% men or women?

I've come to the conclusion that the answer there is self-evident. If I am for mono-gender communities it is not because I am sexist but because I am for gender tolerance.

<shakes head>
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 31 May, 2003 09:50 pm
Rae wrote:
I treat every single person who crosses my path the same ~ regardless of their sex, nationality, religion or race.

At the end of the day, when it's time for sleep, we're all human beings and long for a soft pillow to lay our head.

I'm the same exact way ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 31 May, 2003 09:51 pm
chatoyant wrote:
What causes racial hatred? Ignorance!!!

My thoughts exactly!
0 Replies

Monger

Sat 31 May, 2003 11:11 pm
I can't find a link to it at the moment, but not too long ago I read a study from Germany that stated the neighborhoods with the highest levels of racially motivated hate crimes had some of the lowest levels of interratial diversity. This study documented that, in German areas where the foreign population has been increasing over the years, the rate of race-related violence has been dropping.

The way I see it is that this is related to what Rae wrote, in that. . .
Quote:
Ignorance = lack of education, lack of tolerance, lack of being taught that we are all the same

The author's conclusion was that the long term answer to reducing racial hate crimes in Germany was having more foreigners move in to problem areas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 31 May, 2003 11:37 pm
If they racially divided everybody they would send members of my family off like a sack of kicked jellybeans. Many of us would have to be cut up to get the correct division working. Don't sound too rational to me.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:19 am
Monger

Your 'quote' can be proved by those living here.

And I really don't want to add some silly examples myself, but just thinking that the town of Münster has nearly exactly the same number of inhabitants, but more than 40 different nations living there, no hate crimes at all ... ... ... (disregarding that Möllemann [nimh will know this] lives there Laughing )
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 04:16 am
Well, i'll chime in with an example: Toronto. The greater metro area has about 5,000,000 people, and it is the most racially and ethnically diverse city i've seen. It has crime, like any city of its size, but you would be completely unable to link any of that crime to race, and it is a good deal more peaceful and quiet than Chicago or Los Anglese, the only other cities on the continent of a comparable size.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 04:44 am
Canada is bluddy interesting, you know.

In terms of colonial history it is very similar to Oz and the US (though, like the US, 200 years on) but it seems more peaceful and integrated than either.

Why?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:31 am
Rae: Okay, what causes racial hatred?

Ignorance = lack of education, lack of tolerance, lack of being taught that we are all the same ~ we are human beings.

So, you are saying that multi-cultural Israel is filled with hate because of "lack of education"?

Then you must believe that mono-racial Iceland is the most enlightened country in the world. Right? Because there are no racially motivated murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, job discrimination, housing discrimination....

The point is we have to make a decision in America concerning how much racial hatred and cruelty we can tolerate as a society. If multi-culturalism generates racists and racial cruelty, when do we say we have enough racial diversity?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:52 am
Quote:
The point is we have to make a decision in America concerning how much racial hatred and cruelty we can tolerate as a society. If multi-culturalism generates racists and racial cruelty, when do we say we have enough racial diversity?

JosephMorgan- Sounds to me that you have an agenda, and that you are pussyfootting around it. Supposing for the moment, as you have suggested, that we have "enough racial diversity". what would you propose to do about it?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:53 am
Setanta: those who rape women of other races do so out of simple opportunity.

Then those who murder, assault, and rob other races do so out of "simple opportunity"?

Setanta: You equate the troubles in Palestine with racial hatred ... Jews and Arabs are the same race--they are both Semitic people.

Blacks decry the racism in their own community, which results from the racial diversity that exists in blacks: from Colin Powell to Khalid Muhammad.

This same racial hatred exists within the Semitic community. Jews are not putting Palestinians in torture chambers because they don't like Islam. Right? They are involved in a race war in Israel. There are also complaints of racism inside Judaism, between the various Jewish groups.

-- Knowing the cause of racial hatred, we can then decide when when enough racial hatred in America outweighs the benifits of multi-culturalism. Right?
0 Replies