What causes racial hatred: racists or racial friction?

Sat 31 May, 2003 03:58 pm
Does anyone else appreciate the irony that we rhetorically attack racism, yet support increasing racial diversity in communities? Racial hatred is caused by racial friction; racial friction is caused by two or more races trying to share the same territory.

The greater the racial diversity, the greater the racial hatred in a community. Right? Isn't that we have been discovering in this experiment to get humankind to transcend its tribal nature?

-- Promote mono-racial societies, and you are promoting societies that are free of racial hatred.

-- Promote multi-racial societies, and you are promoting racial hatred.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 26,600 • Replies: 531
Topic Closed
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:03 pm
Re: What causes racial hatred: racists or racial friction?
JosephMorgan wrote:
The greater the racial diversity, the greater the racial hatred in a community. Right? Isn't that we have been discovering in this experiment to get humankind to transcend its tribal nature?

-- Promote mono-racial societies, and you are promoting societies that are free of racial hatred.

-- Promote multi-racial societies, and you are promoting racial hatred.

Somehow, Joe, I don't think you have completely baked this notion. Taken to its logical conclusion, we could have universal racial tolerance if we eliminate all races except one. But that is not racial tolerance.

Neither is the notion of keeping societies or communities racially homogeneous.

Right???
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:06 pm
I think that communities don't need to be "promoted", one way or the other, but should develop naturally.

Quote:
racial friction is caused by two or more races trying to share the same territory.

Are you a believer in segregation of the races???I thought that we overcame that sort of thinking decades ago!
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:08 pm
I treat every single person who crosses my path the same ~ regardless of their sex, nationality, religion or race.

At the end of the day, when it's time for sleep, we're all human beings and long for a soft pillow to lay our head.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:11 pm
What causes racial hatred? Ignorance!!!
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:19 pm
Frank Apisa: Somehow, Joe, I don't think you have completely baked this notion. Taken to its logical conclusion, we could have universal racial tolerance if we eliminate all races except one.

Frank, my specific point was racial hatred manifested INSIDE a nation and not between nations.

Examples:
-- multi-cultural, multi-racial Israel boils over with hatred. Would Israel decrease in hatred if she were mono-racial? -- Jews only. An honest assessment tells us yes.

-- mono-racial Iceland does not suffer from race related murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, job discrimination, and housing discrimination. Would Iceland increase in racial hatred if large numbers of people from Africa moved there?

I've come to the conclusion that the answers here are self-evident.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:22 pm
If you have determined that the answers are self-evident (and, from my reading, yours is the only "self" here to which they are evident), then why have you bothered to start this thread? Just bored on a Saturday, and lookin' to pick a fight?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:24 pm
Phoenix: Are you a believer in segregation of the races???I thought that we overcame that sort of thinking decades ago!

I'm someone who wishes to stop racial hatred.

I can't close my eyes to the truth and accept this aspect of political correctness, when I see the logical conclusion of building multi-racial societies is the hate that increases in correspondence to the degree of racial diversity.

Racial hatred, by definition, cannot exist in a mono-racial community. How many women are raped for racially motivated reasons in a community that is 100% oriental or white? -- how many are murdered or robbed for racially motivated reasons.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:25 pm
JosephMorgan- The vast majority of countries are multiracial and multicultural. Yes, and there ARE problems. What exactly would you propose to do about that situation?
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:30 pm
Chatoyent: What causes racial hatred? Ignorance!!!

Then you are saying that in multi-cultural Israel there is so much hate because the Jews and Palestinians are ignorant.

Then you must also be saying that mono-racial Iceland is free of acts of racial hatred because they are enlightened?

Multi-racial Israel is filled with racial friction.

Mono-racial Iceland is void of racial friction.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:31 pm
That is truly specious, and disgusting--rape is not racially motivated, the individuals who do are doing it to gain power over the victim. May i be the first to say that i find your thought processes genuinely bizarre.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:33 pm
JM, IMHO you need to start with another square one. Your primary hypothesis needs reworking; and here's why: 1) we're all cousins under the skin, and all originated from Africa. 2) if you look at all cultures, you'll find that they have experienced war within their own kind, 3) what you propose; to segregate all races is an impossible task. Guess why? c.i.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:39 pm
The vast majority of countries are multiracial and multicultural. Yes, and there ARE problems. What exactly would you propose to do about that situation?

If someone told you that small pox was caused by the symptoms and not by the cause, a virus, you would have a difficult time curing small pox.

We are going around trying to cure something much more deadly than small pox, and we are not seeing the cause. That is deadly for a society. We are mistaking symtoms for the cause.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:46 pm
I don't propose to do anything. It seems you're the one trying to identify a problem and the solution. c.i.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Setanta: That is truly specious, and disgusting--rape is not racially motivated, the individuals who do are doing it to gain power over the victim.

Eldridge Cleaver, (sp), wrote in Soul on Ice about the large numbers of white women he raped for political, racially-motivated reasons.

Of course, violence of all kinds is done against a person because of hate for their race.

That's why racial hatred is so terrible and why we must see the cause, and not mistake symptoms for the cause.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Joe,

There are plenty of nations with a diverse racial mix that do not have racial problems. Your ratiocination on this topic is astoundingly nonsensical.

Have fun, I won't be back to play "let's justify ethnic cleansing and segregation through simple minded ignorance" with you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:49 pm
Your quote: "Yes, and there ARE problems." Somebody already answered your question. The answer is "ignorance." How do you propose to erase ignorance from this world? You can start with the KKK in this country. Good luck! c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:50 pm
Even with all the hypothesis, analogies.....

It's going to take a long time to change centuries of family beliefs down to the newest generation.

You said it yourself ~ 'the symptoms are the problem, not the virus'.

One person CAN make a difference.....one person at a time.

Be patient, Joseph Morgan. And make a difference.
0 Replies

JosephMorgan

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:52 pm
imposter: 1) we're all cousins under the skin, and all originated from Africa.

good point

imposter: 2) if you look at all cultures, you'll find that they have experienced war within their own kind.

I'm talking about minimizing hate. Yes, for example, Israel would still have some degree of hatred if she were mono-racial, but the hate there would be dramatically, dramatically lower if she did not suffer from multi-culturalism. Right?

imposter: 3) what you propose; to segregate all races is an impossible task.

What I propose is for us to stop mistaking the symptom for the cause. Intellectually this is very dangerous, because it effects the decisions we make concerning a very horrible problem.
0 Replies

Rae

Sat 31 May, 2003 04:54 pm
'What I propose is to stop mistaking the symptom for the cause'.

JosephMorgan ~ what do you think we've been trying to do for the last two hundred years?
0 Replies