Please! Somebody say something politically incorrect!

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:05 am
There is nothing wrong with wearing fur, and eating cats, if they are prepared properly!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:21 am
In fact, you could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, eat the cat, and save the fur for a coat.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:26 am
A French author, i think it was Anatole France, although i don't recall for certain, went to the butcher in Paris during the siege in 1871, and asked if they had anything he might use to feed his cat. The reply was, no, but i'd be willing to make an offer for the cat.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:48 am
cav it would take a lot of housecats to make a coat, which merely would add to the fun.
0 Replies

dov1953

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:58 am
Setanta, I agree with you about the Irish. To my great sorrow I am only seven sixteenths Irish. Half of me is German Jew. The remainder, one sixteenth, is wrong. I think it might behoove us to remember that generalized sweeping opinions are always, necessarily, preceeded by words like IN GENERAL, USUALLY, MOST OF THE TIME, etc. There is no doubt there are many brilliant black people, and as equally certain, there are gobs of slack-jawed yokels of the Euro-American variety. There is proof in my own life; I was married to a black woman. She was a most admirable person in every way. My children are 37.5% black. I am not at all racist. I believe, encompasing all that I recently listed, is that all people are one family and that we should all have equal access to education, government services, any places to live, marriage with anyone (including gay marriage), jobs, justice in the courts, et al. I hope that someday the world will all be one people with the culture most adequately suited to the needs of everyone (generally). As I was saying about the slight inferiority of black people; this is true but there is a disproportionate number of black people that have contributed to the arts, religious expression and especially the various forms of humanitarian causes involving many types of legal and social injustice. So I wouldn't say my opinions are grounded in ignorance at all, just intellect and experience. I said though that I wouldn't defend my opinions, only express them. I'll try again to do that. Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:08 am
I think a discussion of the animosity between African blacks and American blacks might be in order, but I am wondering if A2K has such representation here...just cuz this is the politically incorrect forum....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:10 am
dov,

You seem to equate political incorrectness with simply espousing views that are indefensible, saying you can't defend them and stamping them as a politically incorrect opinion. Earlier this was called factual incorrectness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 09:09 am
Dovey, i got news for ya, what i wrote about the Irish was thinly veiled sarcasm, directed at your posts. Obviously, you don't get it. When first i saw this thread, i considered it an examination of Political Rectitude. Now, however, as you've revealed more of what you believe, i can only come to the conclusion that your objection to Political Rectitude is the perception that i prevents you voicing bigoted opinions, such as Jews are superior, or that the Irish are superior. When i wrote that the Irish like to wear bright colors, sing, dance and lay about in the warm sunshine, it was a sneer at the stereotypes people apply to groups. That you would state that you agree with me about the Irish shows that you failed to understand the burden of what i wrote, that you are willing to support a bigoted contention that any one group is by definition superior to another, and that you are willing to accept a racist stereotype. My objection to Political Rectitude is that it lends itself too easily to manipulation for cynical and venal motives on the part of the insincere, and that it leads to intolerance on the part of the sincere. This by no means that i opposed those principles from which the hysteria which is extreme Political Rectitude was derived. I am contemptuous of bigotry, racism and racial and ethnic stereotypes. The more evidence you present that you in fact subscribe to such stereotypes, and hold bigoted views of the excellence of your geneological antecedants based on ethnicity--the more likely that i will come to hold you in contempt.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 11:36 am
BPB, housecat, housecoat, not far off....as many as ya need, I say.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:16 pm
cav, I think there was something like that in China several years ago. Some product they made had real cat skins. I just don't remember all the details. c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:36 pm
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:38 pm
c.i., I also think that China recently tried exporting dog fur boots to the US, but once the identity of the fur was leaked to the press, the US turned them away. In China, the boots are just a by-product of their meat industry. Guess it was one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" sort of things.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:18 pm
cav, On my first visit to China, our tour guide in Canton told us she ate dog during the winter months, because it made her feel "warm." I think dog eating is primarily in Southern China. c.i.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:27 pm
I will fight a dog eater, who is in the process of chasing down said dog.

Guess I best steer clear of southern China. They should eat kitties.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:37 pm
I think that in the Book of Rites which descibes Chinese religious practice from the eighth to the fifth century B.C.E. it is written that the religiously correct foods are beef, pork, and mutton as well as grain and some kind of vegetables.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:42 pm
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO do NOT stop for cat eaters!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:42 pm
In fact, I speed up....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:56 pm
satt, all I have to say is that a good way to find a great Chinese restaurant is to have a peek inside and see how many Jews are enjoying the mu shu pork...

c.i., dog is also enjoyed in the Philipines, and I have had first hand conversations about it with a Philipino who worked in a specialty food shop I was at some years ago. He said that "dog makes you strong." Being a dog owner, I will have to just take his word for it Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 03:57 pm
Sofia, nice to see you! If I remember my history, cats were more often drowned than eaten...but maybe that was just Europe...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 04:07 pm
Hello, dearie!

My best to Mrs. Cav!

Is there a story about cat drownings in Europe?
0 Replies