verbally abusive husband..

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:15 pm
sn wrote:
wow !
that article was good.

want to share something :

I spoke to a close relative of mine who is much older than me. I didn't give all the details but mentioned the controlling and abuse.
guess what ?
she said there are millions of women who manage such husbands. she went ahead and gave me examples of such women she knew. says they look perfect outside but live in a loveless or may be abusive marriage.
says if the wife leaves, the husband will move on but it's the wife who is struck with children and the emotional pain.
Itseems there is this woman who did nothing wrong but is not invited to celebrations because she has left her husband. She is sort of avoided by almost all the women she bumps into all because she is single mother and women sort of find her a threat.

That was her perspective. she said when women behave this way, there's no meaning in pointing at men..that's a cruel world..

just wanted to share this conversation with you, friends.

There is no excuse for abuse but women like this relative of mine bring down the self confidence (which is already low anyway:-)) I don't blame her for what she said but oh man!

got to be strong to take that first step.

Hello sn, glad to "meet" you!

I just had to comment on this relative's story... this sort of thing does NOT happen here in the US. Perhaps you should plan to leave while you are here (in the US)? Are your parents still in India?

In the US there's a lot more women living alone with their children, and much more understanding that they are all better off without abusive husbands. No woman is shut out (to my knowledge) for leaving an abusive husband here.

I you'd prefer India, perhaps a nearby city would work better?

I can see you gaining strength with each post, and all our replies. I wish the best of happiness and Freedom in your future! I know you can do it, sn, it's only a matter of when. My thoughts of future happiness and joy are with you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:19 pm
Boris Kitten...It's so good to see you.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:59 pm
SN...Welcome to A2k..

Let me say this, in an earlier post you made the comment that "my husband is the provider", well...so are you. Does it not occur to you that provide him a home, you provide your children with a mother, love and nuturing, you provide....just because you do not draw a paycheck does not mean that you are unequal to his status.

I agree with each poster here, your happiness and the childrens are more important than his, SN, he has had ample opportunity for happiness, love and a family....its his fault, his loss that he didn't grasp that chance when it was there for him. Now it your chance....

Step outside the abusive circle that you've entered into, because if you don't, it won't stop with you. Your children will learn it, and it will be repeated to their spouses and children. You don't want that....

Take what is offered to you from the people on A2K, but pick up the phone book and look for a abuse hotline number, someone there will assist you. Get out....
0 Replies

sn

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
Thank you so much.. I know I must leave..
It's hard..I am working at it..
I have been looking for websites and books that can help me with 'how to behave when the abuse happens' or 'how to react to the abuser when he starts yelling so that he will stop' Hope you understand..
Is there any good information about this ? Until I leave I will have to react appropriately so that he will behave well or atleast stop.

I have stopped being emotional about his accusations. That's my first step. What else can I do?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:07 pm
sn--

Not allowing his ranting and raving to hurt your feelings is a good step.

Quote:
Until I leave I will have to react appropriately so that he will behave well or atleast stop.

You can't change his behavior because he doesn't want to change his behavior. He wants to rant and rave and carry on and make you feel inferior so he can feel superior.

Start falling out of love--when a romance needs CPR, the romance is over.
0 Replies

sn

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:35 pm
so true !!

After browsing some abuse information, I have started suspecting that he is narcissistic.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:06 pm
sn--

He enjoys abusing you--and there is no reason that you have to suffer for his pleasure.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:15 pm
Some people are just misfit. I found this all the time in HR - the wrong person gets hired. They may have the skills but the personality doesn't fit. Or vice versa. Poor hiring decisions.

It's not that one of you is right and the other wrong - just look at this as a misfit. It's just NOT a personality fit.

Take the emotion out. Look at your situation, life, marriage, whatever as if you're looking at a movie. Try and be dispassionate. Let's not assign fault. Just watch the movie. And take the advice you yourself would give the woman you're watching.

You know what to do. And you have the courage to do it. When the time is right, you'll do it. No need to fret about it... it'll happen, and you know it will.

So chill, and enjoy knowing that your day is coming.
0 Replies