Diesels ---- the cars of the immediate future

Jarlaxle

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 07:01 pm
Gee thanks, the file crashed Windows.

Don't suppose you have this somewhere else?
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 06:25 am
This thread is
"Diesels, the cars of the immediate future.

According to a study to be released this month by J. D. Power and Associates.
"All things being equal in America, clean diesel engines are likely to win more customers than gasoline-electric hybrids. 75% of today's gasoline-engine owners would consider a diesel if the cost were the same, agains only 59% for hybrids."

"In highway driving, diesels are more effficient than hybrids. Hybrids are more effcient in stop and go city traffic."
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 09:34 am
My younger brother bought a brand new crew cab F-350 powerstroke diesel a few months ago. Runs great, stinks to high heaven, fuel is expensive and it's loud. The loud stinky part is his favorite. That and the fact that it's big enough to live in if need be. That's a younger brother for you.....
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 07:56 pm
Come summer, fuel will be the same or cheaper than 87-octane gas. It should get anywhere from 50-100% better mileage than a truck with a gas engine.

If his truck is NEW (a 2004), it will have the new 6.0 litre engine, which is too quiet. Sad
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 03:11 pm
Hey, Farmerman, got pictures of that Cat-powered shortbox F-450 yet? Where are they?

Oh, you haven't finished the photoshopping yet--I see.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 04:51 pm
JAR-IF YOU HAVENT READ THAT SAE-199 PAPER i POSTED ABOUT THE 3.5 CAT, obviously you dont wish to know about things . It is an engine that ford has offered for small bodied trucks as a special order since 1999. I suppose you believe that the only colors of truck you can get are those on the brochure.
Im not a truck expert as you want to make us believe but i do know what trucks I have and about the cat/Ford programs of which you are stubbornly ignorant. my job isnt to educate petulant smartass kids. So read it or not I GAF. if you didnt come out like some WWE smacked ass, wed be talking like adults. that aint gonna happen.

Sugar, the winter deisel fuel in some northern states is loaded with MTBE just like gasoline, and it does have a solvent stench. As jar said the ford deisels have always been rather quiet, even the Internaional. The new 6.oL is a bit more quiet(not terribly) but still, its a deisel and it goes with the territory. You oughta hear the 6 cyl dodge Cummings. you can hear that mamma for miles. youll never sneak up on anybody with a dodge.
AS far as the noise, Tell him to have an after market sound muffling for the inside . its a must if you like to listen to music or have quiet conversations.

the only deisel i have any problems withh is the Hummer h1. Its loud ande is geared on the low end , so it always sounds like its winding and under protest. the big coffin in the center transmits a lot of sound to the interior so the car has to be refitted. The hummer h2 solved this problem, they dont even offer the deisel
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 05:49 pm
Quote:
the ford deisels have always been rather quiet

Time for new hearing aid batteries. The 7.3 PSD is one LOUD engine. I drive them & a Cummins-powered vehicle (not a Dodge truck) almost every day. However, I have no problem hearing the radio.

Your Cat-powered F-450 shortbox doesn't exist. Let me count the ways:

All F-450's & 550's are chassis-cabs with no beds at all, long or short.
All 450's have dual rear wheels.
Ford doesn't build them with Cat diesels. The only diesel available in 1999 was the 7.3 litre PSD, since replaced with the 6.0 PSD.

You're right about one thing: you're certainly not a truck expert. You're simply a lying fraud.

I tried to read your file, & it crashed Windows. Have it anywhere else?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 06:59 pm
no duals on this one sport. if its a chassis cab , I cant tell. I bought it right at the dealer. My 350 is a goose neck carrier withh no duallies.
Your ignorance of how Cat has chosen Ford for its RV tows and its small deisel for the f-150 is amazing for someone who rides trucks. The Rv hauler now is the F550 or f650, with a CAt.. The intro version, which I apparently was sold, and as I was told by the dealer, used everything from a 350 up.
This must be your lifes center, to me the trucks are a ride. I buy the best deal I can get and Ive always bought from stock no special orders (except on a replacement 351 windsor engine)

If your looking for that file just plug it into google and youll get the link. I want to hear what you have to say when you see the lil F150 mounted cat deisel . Im sure youll come up with something to convince me that it doesnt exist either.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 07:32 pm
DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM, you're stupid, as anyone with even a passing familiarity of Ford trucks can plainly see.

All 450's & above are duallies. Period. I AM ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE OF THIS. They'd be useless otherwise, since an F-350 dually could carry as much weight as (maybe more than) a SRW F-450, which would be limited to ~6500lb rear GAWR (even with the 225/70R19.5F tires) due to the tires' weight rating. There are plenty of SRW F-350's (I have one).

The F-550 & F-650 are completely different trucks. The cabs are similar (and doors & dash the same), but they share little else--the 550 is a super-heavy-duty pickup with a standard gas engine (6.8 litre V-10), while the 650 is a class 7 MDT offered only with diesel engines (Cummins, Navistar, Cat).

So, now your imaginary Cat-powered hauler is a SRW F-350, and not an F-450? You're supposed to keep your story straight if you want anyone to actually believe your BS. Also, Ford has NEVER put a 7.5 litre diesel in a pickup. They had a 7.3 diesel & a 7.5 gasser (the 460).

Post a picture, post the VIN (or even the engine VIN code). Unless and until you do, this is still in the realm of the 150MPG carbuerator & the engine that runs on water: BS. You are still a complete lying fraud.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 08:07 pm
Not with your attitude. I know whhat Ive got . when I bought the truck I had it tricked out with body and interiro sound stuffing work so I could stick in a Bose system. I had all badging and symbols removed since I use it off road as I go in and out of sites and treelined roads where badging and panel strips get peeled off by fences and trees and cant be easily detailed. MY TRUCK IS not a dually and its 4wd with the big deep dish wheels.

Yeh sure,Im gonna send you car data .Just hold your breath till I tell you to let it out. i really dont give a crap what you guess. Youve already shown your ignorance of the entire line of little cats and the RV towing vehicles. My gooseneck trailer that I tow with the 350 is about 14K lb loaded when I haul stock , well within the suggested max on the specs which is 16K lb..
I must have posted the 7.5 in error, yeh it is 7.3 but thats the only mistake I made.
WHen i bought the Cat , the Ford people even gave me the wrong owners manual, and had to get one made. It was more like a xerox than an owners manual thats how they were initially marketing the thing. They wanted to hit farmers as well as RVers (fifth wheelers who sometimes buy Freightliners).
i know a couple of Rvers who have the same type truck except they DO have dual wheels one guys was a 550 with a custom bed(which was a short box in which the bed had a built in shell cover that covered the hookup when not in use0 , I do NOT have duallies. So Thats about all I think Im going to talk to you about, you can believe or not, it doesnt affect my mileage.
But Please develop a little more creativity because you apparently are tied to the punch lines of the carburator (PS I dont even think cars use carburators anymore,) and the water engine.

Your the kind of poster that scares me. You start saying some crap that has a bit of basis in facts that you could have gotten from from any web site , then you are totally unknowing of the facts I spoke. Then you want me to communicate with you with vin numbers . Yeh sure, like you deserve any respect . For all I know , Im communicating with some 14 year old.Not that I dont trust you, you just kind of weird me out (in the vernacular). So go take your meds and switch to model tyrains.

Give me feedback in a respectful manner and read that SAE report . Till then, you can talk to yourself.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 08:56 pm
Look, I'm trying to see from your perspective, but I simply cannot get my head up my ass that far.

Is your imaginary truck an F-350 or an F-450 (maybe it's a 550 now)?

What is the VIN code for the Cat diesel? I'm not asking for the whole VIN, just the engine code. Unless and until you post proof, your truck is as much of a fairy tale as Hogwarts University.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:15 am
Come on, Farmermoron, where's that proof?

Didn't think so--you're just a lying fraud.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
Took my big truck (my big pussycat)
down to get some diesel for the front end loader. Saw a neat box made up for a fifth wheel towing vehicle (a 550 looked the same as mine except mine isnt a dual wheeled unit) . It was mfd by the Ohio tool box co. It had some neat stow boxes along the wheel wells and since it was a dual wheel unit the box didnt flare out at the wheels it smoothly came out from about 2 feet in front and a foot behind the duallies. A nice setup lots of room when towing a goose neck or a fifth wheel setup. It even had a through box setup to stow fishing rods , golf clubs,or a hammock across the bed
Wasnt like one of those Fleet beds. It didnt have all that "fire truck" diamond plate crap. It was what looked like a molded RFP body , same color as the truck and outfitted with recessed snaps like an in-bed veterinarian's travelling hospital for large animals.
The guy who had it said it even has a slide out tray for a certain kind of a low profile 6KW gas generator for when hes camping in the boonies.(Too bad it wasnt a diesel gen cause they could have tapped into the trucks fuel line , I think) The connection has a spring spool of 30 amp 130 v power chord thats able to be connected directly to his RV. 9The 30 Amp input was on the starboard side) I thought that was a neat feature. The generator is supposedly keyed to crank right from the trucks batteries. Must be some extra harnesses in the tow hookup connection)

If you relax and I figger out how to send pix securely, Ill show you the truck , and the cAt promotion material. Till then, try to have a life.Youre too tense .
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:56 pm
OK, that was an entire post of about 20 lines, which made very little sense, & had absolutely no bearing on this topic.

I don't need a picture, just tell me what the VIN code for your engine is.

BTW, which model Cat is it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:14 pm
How the hell do I know. Im a geologist who likes to drive a truck. I have no interest in it other than it get me there in reasonable comfort and with a good sound system. I think its like and 8+ L, which is now used on the 550 and 650 RV tow vehicles.

If your life is all about trucks , knock yourself out. I bought this as a vehicle already a package, I had body work and soundproofing to accomodate the better sound system than the crappy "premium" sound systems that most autos (except Chrysler products jam in their vehicles)

If you dont like my musings on the truck box, have another beer, Im sure youll get angrier .

MAybe you want my Visa card number too,

Go F**k off , I see you wanna just play games. Go find some more 14 year olds like yourself and talk like gearheads, Im busy .
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:46 pm
WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! Is this penetrating your thick skull to your walnut-sized brain yet?

I don't want the damn VIN. I want ONE DIGIT, the ENGINE CODE, which is, IIRC, the tenth digit in the 17 digit number. With this code, I can order on in an F-350.

And I don't drink, & haven't in many years.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:58 pm
Do you gather great pleasure in ridiculing people? That can be a sign of unresolved inferiority from your childhood. Were you abused?

Pick a number between 1 and 0, since, according to you, Im too thick to oblige, Ill let you do it Einstein.
One day Ill ask my mechanic about all those vyann numbers. Right now , youre better than an old big mouth bass taking a lure. You rise at the slightest provocation and youre angry, very angry.

I get a little leery of those alienated few who take on Dungeons and Dragons personalities. Lets just say ta-ta before Im really creeped out.
, I have no idea about hunting for a vin number , nor do I really give a warm ****. You are just some alternate reality , cellar dweller with about as much to say of interest as one of my chickens.
At least when they start carping, I get an egg. What are you good for bubba?
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:36 pm
Didn't think so. Look, we both know you have no Super Duty with a Cat engine. Just accept that you've been exposed as a lying fraud & fade away quietly.

If you really think I'm angry, you're even more clueless than I thought. I'm LMAO at your drivel.

For when you actually get a motor vehicle, the VIN is generally on the dash, on the driver's side, visible through the windshield. It's also on the registration & the title, if you have one.

I must say that R. A. Salvatore's fiction is vastly more entertaining than yours.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:25 am
then youre just a dim bulb who cant accept market forces . Im sorry if Ford doesnt tell you everything they do
Back to the cellar sonny
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm
Dude, are you on drugs or something?

If not, I suggest trying them.
0 Replies