NFL 2006-The Road To New Orleans

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 12:24 pm
I mused that Week #5 might be a bit easier then others. Indeed, there are 3 games in which we are unamimous; we are all picking Chicago, Indy and New England. The green highlighter or the red highlight will sweep across the page, from Johnboy in the far left column to Kickycan in the far right column.
The Deviant Points this week are pretty low, with Kicky (at 3), Fbaezer, Osso, JPinMilw, Cowdoc and Johnboy in single digits. Several folks in the middle and then there is Jespah at 33 points, disagreeing with the rest of us on 5 of the 11 games on which there is disagreement.
And then there is George. George deserves a paragraph of his own here. He is in the minority on 7 of the 11 games in which we were not unanimous and racks up 55 Deviant points. George ranks 4th in the standings through Week #4.
See yall around 4:30 with the early review.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:41 pm
Yall are a tough audience today. Just sitting there.
Through the early games, Region, Fbaezer, Osso, Sublime and Kick are perfect. No red highlights on their picks.
The sound you hear behind me here in the studio is George with 5 red marks.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:47 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Yall are a tough audience today. Just sitting there

Sorry, I was on the edge of my seat as the Bears just edged out the Bills. Damn that was a close one.

I think this may be the first time I had a perfect pick morning and the rest of the games are looking promising.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:51 pm
Well, I'm back from the store and scouring my bookshelf for Romagnoli's Porchetta alla Perugina recipe.. (turns out I put it on a2k long ago, but I also found the book).

I admit to doing well on the first eight, which certainly wasn't apparent for a while - but am presently batting .500 on the next four.

On us being chatty during the first games, it is usually me posting over and over, talking to self... 'tis a little weird following all this on espn game casts on the computer; I have the espn window open, the a2k window open, and whatever else I'm doing, like bookkeeping, open..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 04:41 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Yall are a tough audience today. Just sitting there.
Through the early games, Region, Fbaezer, Osso, Sublime and Kick are perfect. No red highlights on their picks.
The sound you hear behind me here in the studio is George with 5 red marks.

Actually, I napped through the New England game. I know, that's riveting information. Next week, I will have a new selection criterion. Cool
0 Replies

baseballchic

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 05:47 pm
Steelers Rock!!!!
Chargers are goin down!!!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:01 pm
So the late afternoon games are over. Damn, we are smart this week.
Way out there in the far right column of my scorecard is Kickycan who is perfect through 12 games.
Close behind, missing only one, are Johnboy, Fbaezer, Osso, Cowdoc and Sublime. The permutations of who could win for the week are too complicated for me to contemplate.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:05 pm
And, baseballchic...Do you know anything about football? If so, or even if not, we invite you to join us here in picking the games.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:42 pm
For the record, johnboy, not all of us have been just sitting all day. I got back from working cattle just in time to see Favre get the ball knocked out of his hand to hand me my only miss of the day. Damn!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:49 pm
duly noted, cowdoc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 11:36 pm
I think I ended up with 11 of 13, or 10 of 13, (who's counting?) which is hilarious given my guessing. But this is good, it will be a ballast for when I get 3 of 14 next week.

Creepily, a lot of these games were close and/or made no sense. Well, to me.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 06:33 am
That's the last time I pick my time just because they're my team. F*cking assh*les ruined my perfect record. And I actually had picked San Diego and changed it, because of what? Loyalty? What the hell is wrong with me? I knew they were going to lose! Dammit!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 11:47 am
I gather Pittsburgh lost, Kicky? I feel your pain as I too picked the Steelers from the heart.
Cowdoc is at 12-1 (and has 38 points in the tiebreaker) and Kicky is also at 12-1 (31 in the tiebreaker). If Denver wins, those two will be at 13-1.

If Baltimore wins those guys will finish at 12-2 as will Johnboy (30), Pantalones (31) and Osso (35) - an unprecented five-way tie before going to the total points.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 01:16 pm
Here Comes Week #6! Only 13 games this round; a bye week for Cleveland, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Minnesota and Jacksonville.

Sunday, 10/15 early games:
Buffalo (2-3) @ Detroit (0-5)
Tennessee (0-5) @ Washington (2-3)
Seattle (3-1) @ St Louis (4-1)
Philadelphia (4-1) @ New Orleans (4-1)
NY Giants (2-2) @ Atlanta (3-1)
Houston (1-3) @ Dallas (2-2)
Cincinnatti (3-1) @ Tampa Bay (0-4)
Carolina (3-2) @ Baltimore (4-0*)

Late games:
San Diego (3-1) @ San Francisco (2-3)
Miami (1-4) @ NYJets (2-3)
Kansas City (2-2) @ Pittsburgh (1-3)

Sunday night:
Oakland (0-4) @ Denver (2-1*)

Monday night:
Chicago (5-0) @ Arizona (1-4)

* = excludes tonight's game.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 01:30 pm
Looking at that quickly, I see several games where guessing will be required again..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 01:38 pm
Week #6:

Buffalo
Washington
St Louis
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Dallas
Cincinnatti
Baltimore
San Diego
NYJets
Kansas City
Denver

Chicago (36)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 01:38 pm
...and New England also has a bye this week.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 01:51 pm
...eliminating one automatic pick for me...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 03:06 pm
An early set of picks from Johnboy (an easy week; like shooting kittens--stop it, johnboy, you have already ticked off Gus and Edgar):

Buffalo
Washington
St Louis
New Orleans
Atlanta
Dallas
Cincinnatti
Baltimore
San Francisco
NY Jets
Kansas City
Denver
Chicago (43)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 04:26 pm
Hey! Don't you think you should wait until we find out the winner of THIS week before you start in on NEXT week's picks!? Sheesh! Have a little self-control, kids!
0 Replies