A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

Mathos

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:01 pm
All of his planes and ten trips in the shuttle wouldn't hold a candle to a good volcanic spurt, your jumping on the bandwagon, as usual, and crying over nothing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:06 pm
I do hate to see boys in tears.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:25 pm
Boys cry when no one can see them!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:33 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I do hate to see boys in tears.

I do hate to see toys in beers...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:54 pm
Is it the BBC or The Minister of State for the Environment who has these tears.

The only tears I ever feel welling are tears of laughter.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 06:26 am
Well said Spendi, them Yanks cry for the daftest things imaginable, even sloppy films. Tiger Woods looked a right silly pillock a few weeks back yelling because he'd won!

Maybe he was O/D at the bank and he was relieved to be getting back into the black, I don't know, but crying in public like that and nobody had touched him!

I remember a pal of mine blowing his thumb off in a shooting accident, he turned to me and said, 'Have you got a hanky Mathos?'

I replied, 'Your not going to cry are you Chris?'

'Piss off Mathos, I just want to stem the blood.'

So he ripped the tail of his shirt off and wrapped it round, then he wanted a drink on the way to the hospital, see he was considerate about spoiling our day.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:23 am
I might have permitted myself a sniffle or two had I blown my thumb off. Thumbs are very handy at times.

"Blubbing" is the word for the soppy golfers. I can't understand why they show such scenes.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 11:36 am
The media baffle me at times!

Most of the time!

All of the time!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 01:11 pm
Being fairly new here, I didn't know you all plan on meeting. I've respected all of your input to my posts and have enjoyed reading and enjoying your senses of humor. I'll be in Europe in April while my ex has the kids for their Spring Break. That being said, I'd love to meet up, just need to know when and where...Happy planning!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 01:25 pm
Welcome marty and thank you for your pleasant introduction. But don't take too much notice of Spendi, he is only out on licence and gets carried away.

The date and venue for the meeting should soon be apparent.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 02:14 pm
Hey Mathos- that's an invitation.

There are some nice quiet little guest houses up in your Lake District.

Ideal for meetings.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 03:47 pm
Well of course Spendi, what an ideal suggestion. However, it's the Yanks we want over, they have all the money, don't they?

We need to polish up a few things, how much could we get for Blackpool Tower for instance?

And what about those dark satanic hills in Yorkshire, Bronte grass, how much a square metre could we sell that for?

Surely there are plenty of Castles falling into states of disrepair which they just love to take down and have re-erected 'back home' complete with double glazing, kitchens and bathrooms, how authentic they remain.

If your going to set this up mate, you have to do it with concern for the bottom line, we can't let a chance like this pass us by, can we?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 05:33 pm
With an "ex" and the kids out from under and a signature like this-

Quote:
Sex is like air, It's no big deal until your not getting any.

I can't understand your shyness.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 06:42 pm
Mathos wrote:
Welcome marty and thank you for your pleasant introduction. But don't take too much notice of Spendi, he is only out on licence and gets carried away.

The date and venue for the meeting should soon be apparent.

Should I read back a few posts? What are you trying to say exactly?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 06:43 pm
spendius wrote:
With an "ex" and the kids out from under and a signature like this-

Quote:
Sex is like air, It's no big deal until your not getting any.

I can't understand your shyness.

This is not exactly the impression I was trying to give. ???? Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:06 pm
This is the third of three threads about a meeting - starting with a how to plan it, a poll on location, and now apparently finishing unresolved with this one on a meeting date. It looks like the thread devolved, as people didn't answer about certain dates or how to resolve it.

In the meantime, the Spendius-Mathos show has landed on the thread, Spendius being repetitively excoriating about travel, so that pages will go by before you can access the underlying thread.

As it stands, there are at least seven people in Europe who might come to any meeting, giving schedule alert. April seems to have passed as an opportunity - though CI will be in Slovenia for a day or two then. Dyslexia and Diane may still be going to Spain in the Fall of 07, and I think ehBeth is aiming for Vienna in autumn as well. Whether they'll be wanting meet is conjecture, as they'll all have plans in the making.

If you look a few pages back, you'll tack on to the main thread discussion.

Seems to me that anyone going to Europe might as well post their own thread and see if anybody is free to meet where and when.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:20 pm
Thanks Osso,
I'll see what happens Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:23 pm
Adding -
Or people in Europe can start a thread as strikes their fancy - a number or them meet anyway, but I think on more short term notice - and others can see if they can catch a plane/train/etc. It gets complicated, in that there were several alternate popular places to meet besides Barcelona in the early discussion, or there may be new places...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 05:28 am
osso wrote-

Quote:
Spendius being repetitively excoriating about travel, so that pages will go by before you can access the underlying thread.

Not really. I don't much care one way or the other personally. It is your President, our Minister for the Environment, the BBC and many others who are repetitively excoriating about these matters.

I can't understand why A2Kers would wish to meet each other when there are all those people in their neighbourhoods and work places available for easier meetings. Meeting fellow A2Kers might also cause a certain unwillingness to criticise those one has met and thus render debate futile and bring it more into the social pleasantries ambit and facilitate the formation of cosy cliques which the rest of the thousands of A2Kers might feel excluded from.

I think that the phrases "addicted to oil" and "Sleepwalking into catastrophe" have profound significance bearing in mind the position of those who used them and the care taken in the composition of the speeches they occured in. I feel sure both speakers were very well briefed and would not speak in such terms casually.

They signify to me that gratuitous travel is officially considered to be anti-social. Only a subjective self-interest would ignore such words. (i.e. sleepwalk past them).

But travel, and consuming generally, is such hard and undignified work and I like to relax and take it easy when I can.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 07:43 am
What part(s) of Europe are you visiting, Martybarker?
0 Replies