A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 10:45 pm
I'd like to - and then I could possibly meet Margo in Italy too, if she and I could coordinate it. I can't commit, though, have to monitor my finances first.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 01:00 pm
We're still in the early stages for planning the Barcelona's Gathering. Here's some interesting trevia about past gatherings, and the number of posts. For the San Francisco Gathering in April 2004, we had 15,339 posts. For the London May 2005 Gathering, we had 16,517 posts. Both ended up successful events.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 04:28 am
J_B wrote:
sublime1 wrote:
I will have to make it out to Port one of these days to check out your restaurant and give you your shades back.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

<when> Cool
In exchange for those terribly valuable shades, you two can eat and drink on the house till bar time! :wink:

Please, bring them back to me!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:25 pm
E and I started our official "2007 trip to Europe" saving plan earlier this month.

We're putting aside the money we save by not eating out at work. We're targeting late September/early October 2007 - likely starting in Amsterdam with 3 or 4 days in Vienna - noticing some very inexpensive flight options to Barcelona from both Amsterdam and Vienna. Lots of fun travel planning lies ahead!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 09:01 pm
Sounds good to me, and maybe some can join you. I gave up on trying to do any kind of consensus getting. Maybe it's me that was offputting, or the nature of consensus getting among cats.

No one answered CI, who signed up for Barcelona tickets, unless they did since I last looked. (I'll acknowledge April was the least popular time on the thread, gathering lots of darts. Perhaps CI didn't read it all.)

Only new folks answered me, like O'Bill, bless his heart.

I can't make it, re money, but Sept/Oct sounds good to me despite my not being there.

However it all works out, I'm interested in your trip and your takes on it, ehBeth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 11:30 pm
So I understand it correctly: the idea for the originally planned gathering in Barcelona have died?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 12:32 am
If you are meeting in Amsterdam or Barcelona, I would like to come.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:49 am
People didn't answer my questions on how to refine the date (read back a few pages), and no one responded to CI who bought tickets for a certain date.
You're welcome to revive it, Walter, or figure out another meeting.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:59 am
I'm one of the seven, who voted "Any date is fine".

I didn't notice that c.i. already bought tickets - I'd thought it was only an idea because he was in Europe around that dates.

So, I'll really might fly then when he's Barcelona.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 03:07 pm
I'll look back and see if I can nail down my post with the possible questions - it had to do with should we just name a date, or name all three dates of interest (CJane's, Dys/Diane's, and CI's window dates) and should it be another poll. Anyway, after that, CI said he bought tickets for the earliest of his window dates - unless I'm mistaken, haven't looked back lately.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 04:54 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2160770#2160770

(I have no idea of how that post ties to his signature line)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:32 am
c.i. wrote me in an email that he's not too sure about Barcelona in April, because he'll be there in March.
He'll also be in Croatia and Slovenia in May "with about 14 days to bum around in Europe". And he has "from May 15 to 29 to keep himself busy".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 11:42 am
Hmmm.

If we can nail down when in those May dates he gave other people could meet, then...
people did give comments on May dates earlier in this thread.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 11:44 am
I don't think, he'll be in Barcelona in May: in March he said. (It's quite difficult to fly from Slovenia to Barcelona on the three days it's possible for him.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:11 pm
Ah, but y'all could meet somewhere closer to Slovenia, in those three days?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:18 pm
Would mean .... Vienna, right?

[I'm away to France for a week shortly.]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:20 pm
That's what I was thinking. And a lot said earlier they'd like to go there..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:30 pm
Six weeks of saving in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
Great, Beth..
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 01:22 pm
Last week the BBC asked Branson--if you wan't to do something about global warming why don't you ground your fleet?

He mumbled a foolish platitude shiftily.

Tonight the BBC asked Branson about the pollution caused by his new space trip vehicle.

He mumbled another foolish platitude shiftily.

On Wed the Secretary of State for the Environment, David Milliband, said about global warming- "We are sleep walking into a catastrophe."

A symptom of sleepwalking is mumbling foolishnesses.

A characteristic of sleepwalking is that it's total.

It's not being switched on and off. If you are sleepwalking it's all the time.
0 Replies