A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 08:07 am
as was true for our trip to London/Amsterdam/Lippstat last year, we simply made our plans for our convienience and carried on,, things worked out very well and we had a wonderful time visiting with good friends (time was way too short) but, we shall probably do the same for our trip to Barcelona. We (if the $$$ work out) plan for oct-nov and simply hope for the best with our a2k friends.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 09:37 am
Do you think Spendi might just have a point regarding the familiarity a meet is bound to introduce into the A2K walls, being an egotistical episode to a certain extent!

Furthermore the resultant meet has a natural tendency to introduce the clique malady, which shows itself quite clearly amongst these pages.

Has consideration been given to those members of A2k who could not possibly finance such an extravagant outing and resultantly may well be
feeling outsiders in the broad term of travel events?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:09 am
Spendius has expressed his points repeatedly on meeting planning threads; this has, repeatedly, interrupted the threads. A more appropriate strategy would be to open up a whole new thread on the ecological and group dynamic matters that concern him.

Dys, when you folks have a date for Barcelona, I bet there will be a bunch of folks that want to meet you..
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:32 am
He has the right to express himself were the action is Oss.

You can't confine him to barracks just so your wants and requirements are issued forth like gallons of unadulterated milk, the real world isn't like that.

Better join in with the crack Oss, we might think your getting cliquish.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 10:47 am
Gallons of unadulterated milk?

I understand one can't just forbid another poster to speak. One request for the courtesy of not derailing a planning thread is not gallons of unadulterated milk.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:26 am
osso wrote-

Quote:
A more appropriate strategy would be to open up a whole new thread on the ecological and group dynamic matters that concern him.

On such a thread I would no doubt meet those who agree with The President and the Secretary of State for the Environment and much the majority scientific opinion.

What would be the point of that.

One must perforce go forth and meet the enemy which is sleepwalking us into catastrophe unhindered otherwise and gently nudge them awake a little.

Isn't our little exchange a meeting. As you haven't decided where to have this other meeting, and judging from the Chicago posts there was no real meeting except in name, we can use the thread for now.

If I turned up at the proposed meeting would I be shooed into an annexe. If things continue as predicted you may very well have to go through lines of pickets in order to board jet-planes at some point.

Agreeing that the fish and chips were very tasty (another problem on the diet front) is hardly meeting people.

From what I see most people haven't met their next door neighbours yet in any meaningful sense.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:38 am
THE DYS and The LADY DIANE are a clique unto themselves.(we also have friends)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 12:28 pm
Osso, remember our previous discussion about having an "Ignore Button"? I believe that is in the works for a future release.
0 Replies

Lyn

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
Nobody is hPPY TODAY, OH WELL MUST GO BYE BYE ALL YOU FALLY OUT PEOPLE
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 12:42 pm
Yep, Roger.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 01:38 pm
I've already got an IGNORE button.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:21 pm
Well if folk are going around pressing ignore buttons and grouching like pregnant ducks about a bit of crack every now and then, they need to get a bloody life!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:51 pm
spendius wrote:
Judging from the Chicago posts there was no real meeting except in name.

How so? Folks with different outlooks came together for 3 to 7 days of getting to know each other and came away with a sense of respect and a genuine liking of those at the gathering (even for those with alternate opinions). How did they not meet?

Quote:
If I turned up at the proposed meeting would I be shooed into an annexe.

I'm sure not.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
J - some just can't hide their jealousy Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:56 pm
Hello, Walter. Have we met? I'm sure we have!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:01 pm
Yes, certainly we've met. More than once, actually Laughing

Chicago, Chicago, ....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:03 pm
And I'm looking forward to the next opportunity, Walter.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:05 pm
Well, well, we have to leave you two alone! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:14 pm
Now Walt, I'm just commenting on Spendi's points and adding a couple of my own considerations, I wouldn't make a special trip to meet up, but if I was going to Paris next month, I might PM Francis and mention it, if he offered to meet me for a drink, fair enough, but I wouldn't expect him to drop any of his own plans for instance just to meet me on the rue. Similar with yourself if I was taking a trip to Southern Ireland.

He makes a couple of good points and I think I added to them and not unrealistically, you can't write off issues of that nature as jealousy, can you?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:14 pm
Now there's an idea!
0 Replies