A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:40 pm
Interesting question, snood. Some of the folks at the Chicago greet had years of experience battling on many issues and had a wonderful time together at the greet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:43 pm
I knew it was okay when OBill smoked one of the cigars I brought, and O'Bill gave me a couple bottles of Cab. Wink
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:48 pm
Lash, I'm glad you saw this as I was about to send you a pm asking you about it.

Dys and Diane had originally said they prefer a trip to Barcelona in the fall but would go in the spring. CI has a specific date range in late May that he can go to Barcelona or elsewhere. Others are restricted to summer/school schedules. At this point we don't have anything set in stone.

My question would be to D/D as to whether CI's dates are ok with them and if so, the rest of us join in or not. If Dys and Diane really prefer fall and there's real interest in a New Mexico greet in May then we could do both if different folks want to do different things (and if D/D want to look at A2Kers that often Smile )
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:52 pm
We of the D&D still prefer the fall (Oct/Nov) for Barcelona. We would also welcome an A2K gathering in Albuquerque in may.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:17 pm
[size=7]Weee![/size]

(Thanks for remembering me, J_B. ) I hope I see you ...somewhere. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 07:13 am
O......kay.......

Well, thanks J.B.

(Brrrrrrrr.....)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 12:51 pm
Me you too, Lash.

You too, Snood.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 03:20 pm
Ahem, D & D have spoken three date opinions on this thread... is the last one sure?
- Assuming it is, we have D & D really planning to go to Barcelona in October/November 2007.

- We have Calamity Jane going to be in Europe and pleased to be in Barcelona in June 2007 (what June date you can do it, CJ?);
J_B has voted a preference but not insistence on June, and
Steve has mentioned he can only go when school is out (could you go in June, Steve?)

- We have CI ready to be in Barcelona May 22-28 if anyone else will show up

- Not sure who one of the April voters is, the other one is myself. I'm problematic re going, and only rule out June through August. Don't know if that other voter was Margo, or someone who picked it because it was Easter vacation, re school, or just likes April for travelling.
But in any case, several others really didn't like that time.

- we have six Any Time voters...

- and one with a preference for Other. Wonder what that other is..

By the way, Snood and Lash, do you have a preference re the poll (which is closed, but just sayin'...)

The way I see it, the Any Time Folks could add their votes in any direction, most likely being May, June, October-Nov.

I can't figure out how to resolve this without eliminating Any Time as an option in another poll...

Either with May 25-27 (22-28?), June (or whatever date the people who expressed opinions re school dates say), and Oct-Nov (pick a date, D & D) as options, and (yes or no) open it up to additional voters?

Or, following Walter's thought of going with X date, yes or no - since CI is the first to come out with an actual date, May 22-28, have a simple yes/no poll and thread on that, and then go from there.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 03:25 pm
Watching with interest.

I'm out of this one. Wouldn't be able to go this year.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 03:29 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Steve has mentioned he can only go when school is out (could you go in June, Steve?)

I don't think so:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
These are the school holidays in Essex - I'm not sure about other UK-counties:
http://i6.tinypic.com/16jrcjd.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 03:38 pm
Here's my "open" dates for Barcelona, Italy, or environs if anybody else is interested; May 21-29, 2007.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/16jrcjd.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 03:40 pm
OK, to put some definite intentions on Spain, Dys and I would really prefer going in late October or early November, 2007. If anyone wants to go then, we are flexible as to exact dates.

If anyone still wants to come to ABQ next May, just let us know. We would be happy to put you up or find a reasonably priced motel for you. Albuquerque tends to have some pretty decent prices on motels.

We could take two people--one for the guest room (a single bed) and one on the living room sofa which Roger verifies is comfy. Osso has offered her place and Bumblebee has offered her place, so a few wouldn't have to pay for a motel. Also, if sleeping bags aren't a problem for some of you, we could take a couple more people here as could Osso and Bumblebee (I think).

To summarize, Barcelona late October, early November of 2007.

Albuquerque in May, 2007.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:16 pm
Osso has an extra room... if I am not going to Spain & Italy then. Or if both happen at different dates in May, I may have an overflowing suitcase in the living room, but so what. Otherwise, there are lots of places to stay locally. Or conceivably people could "house sit"; I'd have to think about that one. Good grief, I'd have to spend April being tidy.

I just reread the Location Poll thread. Whatta zoo. Very Happy Which reminds me, one of the neat things about that thread is that Gus mentioned he might show up in Barcelona (if it was April or May). But can we trust him? (Can we trust any of us?)

The idea for a matrix re location results came fairly far along in the thread from Joe from Chicago - I recently misspoke about it being from Thomas. And Jespah had suggested a runoff. The poll had been set up though after another thread asking about how to word the poll, and it didn't occur to me until far into location poll thread that anyone wouldn't think the top vote getter would be the first place we'd plan a meeting. But for other meeting discussions, the matrix or a runoff sounds like a good idea - best discussed before doing the poll, natch, and written into the opening question on the poll.

We can also learn from this poll on dates... as is painfully obvious. I am more and more for someone just saying "I'm going to Spain on X date, you wanna go with?"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:20 pm
My dates are pretty well fixed, because I made reservations and paid for a Slovenia-Croatia tour from May 7 to 20. The nine days from May 21-29 is pretty flexible as to location.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:22 pm
Thanks, CI and Diane. I'll modify those options on the potential polls.

Do either of you have an opinion on my last question re progressing here with a new poll?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
Oops, just caught that... your chart doesn't match your words, but I bet your words are right...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:53 pm
osso, I just cut and pasted Walter's calendar, because of its uniqueness. That's the reason why I posted the exact dates.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 04:57 pm
OK, CI, got it. But, look back at what I think is the last post on page 9 - I can guess your opinion of what to do, but might be wrong.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 05:04 pm
osso, It's okay as you posted; I must return to Slovenia to catch my flight home.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 05:13 pm
there were two options, CI... which is OK? That is, if you are still waiting for the flight....

Hell running an attempted democracy...

Tak, have a good flight and come back and tell us about it.
0 Replies