A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 05:17 pm
Just caught this, when can Steve go?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 07:32 pm
CI, as the resident world traveler, would you consider another trip to Europe in the fall if you went to Italy or elsewhere in late May?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:15 pm
Summer dates are a little hard for those in the service industry, but I'll see what I can do when you lock something down.

snood wrote:
Hey Lash, If I went, would you just not go, or would you resign to growl, circle and sniff with me for the duration?
Out of line and not necessary. Political positions and past arguments need not interfere with fun at a gathering. I found C.I. as delightful as the rest and it's not as if Walter and I peruse A2K in lockstep either. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1760/walterme0mb.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:32 pm
Great pic, Bill. It made me smile Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:35 pm
Well, I've been two a2k gatherings and if there was any roiling resentment on anybody's part I missed it. There was generally a sort of highly bemused pleasure on everybody's part for getting together as a group of arguers, or at least opinionated folk.

I presently couldn't disagree more with O'Bill on the immediate situation, or less immediate situation, in the middle east. Still, I love the guy, as I apprehend him as a whole person from a long history of posts on different subjects.

Not that we have to drop who we are to meet.

Just that who we are doesn't preclude getting a kick out of each other personally.
Vast numbers of us are here still learning how to talk across our ideas.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:45 pm
Quote:
Out of line and not necessary. Political positions and past arguments need not interfere with fun at a gathering. I found C.I. as delightful as the rest and it's not as if Walter and I peruse A2K in lockstep either. Doesn't mean we can't be friends.

There was something wrong with asking??
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:49 pm
yes - I opted for Barcelona in April - but plans have changed (read: been changed for me!)

We're now looking at Italy - mid-April to mid-May.

I wanna go to France!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:54 pm
Agggh, I have a suspicion my last post was on the wrong thread. Burp. Surely way out of line for this conversation. Carry on...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:10 pm
snood wrote:
IMHO, yep. If indeed it looked like you were both going to attend; even then, a PM would have sufficed... unless your real intention was to incite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:14 pm
What?

I'd like to see the both of you in Barcelona. Hell, I'd like to see me there too.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:15 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
snood wrote:
IMHO, yep. If indeed it looked like you were both going to attend; even then, a PM would have sufficed... unless your real intention was to incite.

Nope, I think you're a little half-cocked here, Bill. I've been told that my PMs are not welcome.

I don't think my wondering is at all strange, considering the intensity of some of the things that have exchanged.

My last intention in the world was to incite.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:16 pm
Hey Bill, you thinking about going?

I don't care what the dates are, as it gets closer I will figure out if I can go or not. As of now it looks good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:17 pm
Oh, but wait.. I am going nuts here trying to nail a date.

This is all a tangent. Please, PLEASE, review the last couple of pages, especially re the post where I ask what to do next.

I guess (sigh) I need to go quote that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:24 pm
This is the question, PLEASE RESPOND

re new possible polls, or whatever --

quoting from earlier,
The way I see it, the Any Time Folks could add their votes in any direction, most likely being May, June, October-Nov.

I can't figure out how to resolve this without eliminating Any Time as an option in another poll...

Either with May 25-27 (22-28?), June (or whatever date the people who expressed opinions re school dates say), and Oct-Nov (pick a date, D & D) as options, and (yes or no) open it up to additional voters?

Or, following Walter's thought of going with X date, yes or no - since CI is the first to come out with an actual date, May 22-28, have a simple yes/no poll and thread on that, and then go from there.

please give a clue, the first or the second option or some better idea. ______
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:25 pm
sublime1 wrote:
Hey Bill, you thinking about going?

I don't care what the dates are, as it gets closer I will figure out if I can go or not. As of now it looks good.
Too far out to commit, but I'd love to. I had a blast in Chicago and would very much like an opportunity to see you fine people again. As of now it looks good to me, too.

I too would like to meet both Lash and Snood there.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:33 pm
I will have to make it out to Port one of these days to check out your restaurant and give you your shades back.

I agree it would be cool to meet Lash and Snood.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:35 pm
OK then, can you all lend your extensive brains to a conjecture that we figure out how we commit to a date by just saying one, or by giving a selection of choices that mattered to people? Please refer to my last post and give a glancing opinion.

Snarling while looking for a nice glass of wine...
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:39 pm
ossobuco wrote:
OK then, can you all lend your extensive brains to a conjecture that we figure out how we commit to a date by just saying one, or by giving a selection of choices that mattered to people? Please refer to my last post and give a glancing opinion.

Snarling while looking for a nice glass of wine...

2007 looks good to me. Cool

I can't be of much help because I don't really care too much about the dates, I will leave that up to the people to whom it matters.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:39 pm
Osso, I have no attachment to any particular date myself but would recommend Walter's idea... with a twist. Let Dys and Diane (or some other A2K Icon) pick it. That way, between them, Walter, C.I., Thomas and other near shoe-in Icons there will be a base to start from that will attract others to commit. Hell, if you could lock in Craven, Nimh or Sozobe; the attendance would probably double. Just thinking out loudÂ…hope it helps.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:43 pm
Sincere thanks, Bill.
0 Replies