A2K in Barcelona 2007 - poll for meeting date

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 02:25 pm
margo, If I don't make it to Barcelona, I'm thinking of spending some of my "free" time in Italy. I love it for many reasons including the history and varied ambiance and food, but "new" places I visit always intrigues.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:20 am
Though the poll officially ended already some time ago, I just want to mention - especially for those who are in Europe in May - that we've the 27th International Hanse Convention in our town next year.

If some are interested ...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 09:52 am
There also appears to be talk of a meet in Albuquerque in May.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 09:54 am
J_B wrote:

There is?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 09:55 am
I don't know how serious that was, J_B. Both could happen, I suppose.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 09:56 am
I heard "San Francisco." Wink
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 10:45 am
dyslexia wrote:
J_B wrote:

There is?

Isn't there?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 10:54 am
J_B wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
J_B wrote:

There is?

Isn't there?
Would be fun for sure.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:23 am
I think Lash started talking about it. Maybe she was kidding, but I thought I saw a couple other folks say me too, me too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:45 am
Yeh, and I was in there offering my house. There was a big level of banter to all that, but it also could happen.
As I remember Lash had a range of time in May she could go in.

CI, if I remember right, Margo is going to Italy in April. I'd like to do both Barcelona and Italy, not sure yet if I can make the trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:48 am
There's a Barcelona photo on this new thread on skyscrapers...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79131
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:57 am
ossobuco wrote:

CI, if I remember right, Margo is going to Italy in April. I'd like to do both Barcelona and Italy, not sure yet if I can make the trip.

So, do I get it correct:
no fixed date for a meeting in Barcelona, those who want to, can meet there when (if) someone makes a trip to Spain?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:05 pm
Well, gee, the poll results didn't get us far on a decision. What do you think? Do you want to try again with another poll know that we know a bit more than when we started? (I mean you specifically, you may have a better pulse on all this.) Or, as you say, just saying a yes or no to when someone actually makes a set plan... or several someones make different set plans..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:14 pm
I think, it could be really the best "to join" someone.
Because, then there's a fix date - either one can come or one can't.

Another possibilty would be, indeed, to start agin, either what you suggested or with another place (like how it was done with the Chicago meeting) or ...

No, I really don't have a better on this :wink:

(And I really would like that Francis confirms, he'll attend, re "local guide".)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:44 pm
Several meetings happened because one person or another was going to be somewhere and brought that date up.. and those were the easiest to make happen. The Chicago meeting took "forever" in the setting up but the longer time in the early stages probably made sense. When I started this (it seemed simple enough at the time) I tried to have setup periods where people gave opinions re the content of the polls, but they were probably not long enough. And then, one of the better ideas (indeed, there were few ideas) came after the first poll was up, I think - with a suggestion by Thomas that you agreed with, forget exactly, something about a matrix.
But after all this, we still have a bunch of folks interested in Barcelona, and it seems simplest if we actually try to do that.

Are dys and diane going for sure? and when? I'd have to look back, but it may be that a late week in April, or a late week in May, or a late week in June would work for some but not everybody, which brings up the question about those who will go Any Time... are there preferences.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:45 pm
(Me too, re Francis).
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:46 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Yeh, and I was in there offering my house. There was a big level of banter to all that, but it also could happen.
As I remember Lash had a range of time in May she could go in.

She mentions it in the location listed in her profile and on her posts.
Quote:
Location: In anticipation of Dys-stock: May 2007. An unkempt celebration of The Dys and his anarchy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:02 pm
Oh no.

Don't pay me any attention. I don't want to cloud travel plans for the next meet. I didn't even think about that. Dys, I'm sorry! I didn't think about you and D wanting to go to Barcelona!! Maybe I'll try to go there.

I would dearly love to see some people.

We'll cancel Dys-stock!! (See how I'm throwing Love-Ins and just cancelling. Incorrigible!!)

I'm just ready to meet a few of you. Very Happy

I'll read up here and see who's going. Very Happy Sorry about the confusion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:10 pm
Here's the thread where we were all bantering..

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78532

Stuff about visiting Abq started around page eight or nine.

People are still welcome, assuming I'm home. By next year I should have moved my furniture in the house..
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 01:12 pm
Hey Lash, If I went, would you just not go, or would you resign to growl, circle and sniff with me for the duration?
0 Replies