Ann Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

candidone1

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 01:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It's typical liberal dogma. "Free speech is reserved only for those we agree with."

In don't mind anything she says to be honest, because I am your typical liberal and a proponent of free speech.
She can say what she wants.
I just think that she should take it to the widows instead of grandstanding in this typical and predictable act of self-promotion.
I'd like to hear how tough she is in a room with all the greiving widows of this pointless war, discussing their losses.
There probably is a person somewhere inside Coulter, but being such a right wing mouthpiece and media whore prevents any sort of real empathy or humanity from emerging.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 01:40 pm
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
It's typical liberal dogma. "Free speech is reserved only for those we agree with."

In don't mind anything she says to be honest, because I am your typical liberal and a proponent of free speech.
I just think that she should take it to the widows instead of grandstanding in this typical and predictable act of self-promotion.
I'd like to hear how tough she is in a room with all the greiving widows of this pointless war, discussing their losses.
There probably is a person somewhere inside Coulter, but being such a right wing mouthpiece and media whore prevents any sort of real empathy or humanity from emerging.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in that room with just Ann Cunter and those 9/11 widows and watch them beat the everloving **** out of her.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 01:44 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I would like to be a fly on the wall in that room with just Ann **** and those 9/11 widows and watch them beat the everloving **** out of her.

That would confirm that there is in fact a God.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 05:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I agree with you on this comment. Nonetheless, the woman is an insensitive egomaniac.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 07:05 am
I believe like Ann Coulter even white supremist groups have a right to write books and spread their message of hate.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
First, the only left wing broadcast media is the radio service AirAmerica. All the media is centrist to right.

Second, Ann Coulter is often rude. An interviewer did address what he called her immaturity.

Third, despite criticism in fora like this one, Ann Coulter still has an agent and publisher. That's squawking without impunity.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:09 pm
Because Some Things Are More Profane Than Profanity - Ann Coulter's Possible Plagiarism:
Here's the segment of yesterday's post on Ann Coulter that deserves more attention. If you want the full double-barrel of anti-Coulter rudeness, you can still check it out. But for those with delicate constitutions who want to take Coulter down, here ya go:

Ann Coulter has a bad habit. And that habit, as mentioned before by the Rude Pundit (followed up by Raw Story), is that she appears to like to copy whole sentences from other sources without putting them in as quotes or even citing where she might have "paraphrased" from. You judge for yourself:

Here's Coulter from Chapter 1 of Godless: The massive Dickey-Lincoln Dam, a $227 million hydroelectric project proposed on upper St. John River in Maine, was halted by the discovery of the Furbish lousewort, a plant previously believed to be extinct.

Here's the Portland Press Herald, from the year 2000, in its list of the "Maine Stories of the Century": The massive Dickey-Lincoln Dam, a $227 million hydroelectric project proposed on upper St. John River, is halted by the discovery of the Furbish lousewort, a plant believed to be extinct.

Strangely similar, no? By the way, that's a story from 1976. Coulter doesn't tell you that little tidbit, making you think it happened last week. The next one's from 1977:

Here's Coulter writing about an attack on the Alaska pipeline: A few years after oil drilling began in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, a saboteur set off an explosion blowing a hole in the pipeline and releasing an estimated 550,000 gallons of oil.

Here's something from the History Channel: The only major oil spill on land occurred when an unknown saboteur blew a hole in the pipe near Fairbanks, and 550,000 gallons of oil spilled onto the ground.

Why, in this age of the "terrorist," would Coulter use "saboteur," a quaint term, to be sure? Could it be a cut and paste job with a couple of words changed, like a good college freshman?

So you judge. Sure, it's just two incidents in a single chapter. But does it speak to other potential strange similarities throughout the book? Is it plagiarism? The Rude Pundit's not saying it is plagiarism, but he's not saying it's not. How harshly would Coulter judge a liberal writer for doing the same? Or would she have to be silent? http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2006/06/because-some-things-are-more-profane.html
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 06:17 am
I agree with whatever writer from an article BBB posted that said that most of this screeching from Ann Coulter and other like minded pundits and mouth pieces about the widows using their tragedy of 9/11 for political purposes is simply territorial the same as their objection when liberals talk about religious matters.

"you never see conservatives ... using someone's tragedy"

Quote:
Summary: In two appearances on Fox News, Ann Coulter continued her attacks on the widows of 9-11 victims and added that "you never see conservatives ... using someone's tragedy." But as Alan Colmes noted, Debra Burlingame, whose brother died in the 9-11 attacks, and "a little girl who lost her mother during 9-11" were both "used to promote President Bush" during the 2004 presidential campaign. Coulter's response: "[H]e's the commander in chief."
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 06:36 am
McGentrix wrote:

Typical liberal dogma, huh?

You must not have seen this one:

"(Liberals) are always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them. ... Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment," Coulter said during an Oct. 21, 2005, speech at the University of Florida.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:01 am
I saw this heifer on Leno last night. I had a visceral revulsion reaction after about 90 seconds, and had to turn the channel. She is grotesque - anorexic-looking, nasty, and thoroughly pleased with herself. What an ugly human being.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:32 am
and laughing all the way to the bank, snood. Evil or Very Mad

we need al franken, or somebody like him, to write something like,
Ann Coulter is an evil, anorexic, b****. (if that happens, i hope i get a mention for coming up with the title. Laughing)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:02 am
yitwail wrote:
and laughing all the way to the bank, snood. Evil or Very Mad

we need al franken, or somebody like him, to write something like,
Ann Coulter is an evil, anorexic, b****. (if that happens, i hope i get a mention for coming up with the title. Laughing)

I think it's sad that we think it somehow mitigating of anything - anything in this society if we can add, after describing something atrocious, "but it sure is making money".
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:45 am
in this case, it's aggravating/exacerbating, not mitigating, for me--you know i'm a little left of center politically, right?--but agree that some people do see it the other way. not just in politics, either--the likes of donald trump or paris hilton are role models for some people. and of course, starting at the top, wealth certainly hasn't prevented George Bush from achieving *greatness*. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:04 pm
I'd just be curious to know if 10 or 11 pages of indignant outrage were devoted to what Markos Zuniga (of dailykos.com fame) said when those four American security contractors were ambushed, killed and their bodies mutilated by a mob in Fallujah.

After all, he's an active political consultant who solicits contributions for Democratic candidates and also has a book out.

Was there this much outrage on this forum back in 2004 when he told the world (via his website) to "screw them"?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:16 pm
SierraSong wrote:
I'd just be curious to know if 10 or 11 pages of indignant outrage were devoted to what Markos Zuniga (of dailykos.com fame) said when those four American security contractors were ambushed, killed and their bodies mutilated by a mob in Fallujah.

After all, he's an active political consultant who solicits contributions for Democratic candidates and also has a book out.

Was there this much outrage on this forum back in 2004 when he told the world (via his website) to "screw them"?

I never heard of him. You've gotta admit, dailykos (especially in 2004) would probably not be as widely known as Coulter.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 12:16 pm
SS, you're exaggerating the page count. you & McGentrix & Baldimo have posted on behalf of Coulter, which in turn produced rebuttals. can't answer about Zuniga, since i wasn't on board at the time.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 02:45 pm
Ive never heard of Zuniga.

The better known someone is, the more talk he will generate <shrugs>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 02:55 pm
Even wikipedia doesn't have an entry, so I wonder, why here should have been an outrage.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 02:59 pm
nimh wrote:
Ive never heard of Zuniga.

The better known someone is, the more talk he will generate <shrugs>

founder of DailyKos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markos_Moulitsas_Z%C3%BAniga
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 03:04 pm

Oops Embarrassed , misspelled my search, obviously.
0 Replies